Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Good morning.

It is a UK bank holiday today thanks to King Charles coronation.

It is currently 10°C 50°F and it is raining heavily.

We are hopefully going to have a lazy day at home watching TV.

Good wishes to all my friends on here for good health and safety.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

And this may or may not apply to Debbie. The doctor told me to cut a small mouthpiece sized hole into the bottom of a small plastic water bottle. Press the inhaler into it and then inhale very deeply out the opening. More medication gets further into your lungs instead of your mouth. (With Bronchitis) 

It works the same as what we call a "spacer". Many people do not use inhalers properly. They wrap their mouth around it like when drinking from a bottle. The proper way is to spray the inhaler into your mouth while sucking in deeply. The spacer decreases the error possibility and delivers more if the medication making it more effective.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

If you're having trouble sleeping because of the coughing, I would take the Tessalon (Benzonatate) at bedtime.  It's a cough suppressant, to prevent you from coughing, while the Mucinex (Guafenesin) is an expectorant, to loosen the gunk and make it easier to cough up and out.  

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Thank you Debbie.   I did take the benzo. Around 9 pm last night and slept almost the whole night.   I will take the mucinex now, before work.   Hopefully, I don't freak out co workers with my coughing, especially since I am training 2 new hires in my acctg dept.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Another FB gem

FB_IMG_1683493608984.thumb.jpg.c4996ad3feaf2df66accc3a7c41be817.jpg

I can so relate

OMG so can we!
We did the garage cleanout first for the move and cannot believe how many  "cool" items were found. The Goodwill people were very happy with ours, in the case of His Majesty, I don't think they will get that lucky.😁

P.S I looked but could not find a crown!🫢 Now where did I put it???

• Haha 10

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

I purchased 3 Albuterol inhalers $25 last time we were in Cozumel. Just saying. 😚 The previous one I was prescribed had lasted for 5 years. In this C age it is nice to have something available, if needed. No chastising needed. ☺️

And this may or may not apply to Debbie. The doctor told me to cut a small mouthpiece sized hole into the bottom of a small plastic water bottle. Press the inhaler into it and then inhale very deeply out the opening. More medication gets further into your lungs instead of your mouth. (With Bronchitis) 

I have not yet used the inhaler I picked up yesterday.   Maybe today, if needed.

I have never heard the water bottle trick.    Our Son Chris has used an inhaler since he was a small boy for his asthma.

As he got older he needs it alot less these days.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For the past 2 weeks I have been feeling like myself and have been blaming it on allergies.   Yesterday while doing yard work I was feeling a bit out of breath and definitely have an annoying cough.   This morning I was out of breath after a couple trips up and down the basement steps.     Friday and Saturday night the area in front and bottom of my right ear has been bothering me so this afternoon I decided to go to an urgent care facility.    This is the first time I have gone to one for myself.    Found it to be very efficient and definitely much easier than trying to get ahold of my Doctor's office during weekdays.     

The Doctor said I do not have an ear infection but I am definitely congested and diagnosed me with acute bronchitis.   She said there are a lot of respiratory infections still going around this time of year and prescribed Benzonatate once a day along with an inhaler to be used as needed (but no more than 4 times a day) and take extra strength Mucinex extended 12 hr. tablets.    

I just took the mucinex and will take benzonatate in a bit.   I don't like taking medicines I have never used at the same time.   

She said I am most likely not contagious since I have felt this way for a 1 week or so and still go to work (Darn it - LOL).   

Eric has been congested as well I suggested he call the family Doc since he has restrictions on what meds he is permitted.

Get well soon Debbie. Lots of people are having allergies this spring.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

thanks. I am glad it uploaded  Kenzie is still developing her speech.  I at times do not understand here.

She is so cute that it doesn't matter what she's saying!  If I said that about a 25 year old woman however...

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you Debbie.   I did take the benzo. Around 9 pm last night and slept almost the whole night.   I will take the mucinex now, before work.   Hopefully, I don't freak out co workers with my coughing, especially since I am training 2 new hires in my acctg dept.

Hope you’re back to 100% very soon Debbie.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Resized_Screenshot_20230507-222910_Facebook.jpeg.174acf4579a6a982bd4354d40caf1067.jpeg

Add rubber bands to the list.  Leonard loves his rubber bands. I'm always afraid he's going to choke on them but no matter how many I take away, he keeps finding more.  Either he has a secret stash in a unknown Cat Cave or he's learned how to open a desk drawer. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 14

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Get well soon Debbie. Lots of people are having allergies this spring.

I have friends that have to stay indoors when it hits them hard.  Luckily, it doesn't seem to affect me.

Following from google:

Dallas is the worst city in Texas and the second-worst city in the U.S. for pollen allergies, according to a study by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA).

Wichita, Kansas beats Dallas for the worst city for pollen allergies.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For the past 2 weeks I have been feeling like myself and have been blaming it on allergies.   Yesterday while doing yard work I was feeling a bit out of breath and definitely have an annoying cough.   This morning I was out of breath after a couple trips up and down the basement steps.     Friday and Saturday night the area in front and bottom of my right ear has been bothering me so this afternoon I decided to go to an urgent care facility.    This is the first time I have gone to one for myself.    Found it to be very efficient and definitely much easier than trying to get ahold of my Doctor's office during weekdays.     

The Doctor said I do not have an ear infection but I am definitely congested and diagnosed me with acute bronchitis.   She said there are a lot of respiratory infections still going around this time of year and prescribed Benzonatate once a day along with an inhaler to be used as needed (but no more than 4 times a day) and take extra strength Mucinex extended 12 hr. tablets.    

I just took the mucinex and will take benzonatate in a bit.   I don't like taking medicines I have never used at the same time.   

She said I am most likely not contagious since I have felt this way for a 1 week or so and still go to work (Darn it - LOL).   

Eric has been congested as well I suggested he call the family Doc since he has restrictions on what meds he is permitted.

I hope you feel better Debbie. The change of seasons is always rough on me for allergies. I used to get bronchitis every year but now I take 2 different allergy meds, Claritin and Allegra and I haven’t had bronchitis in years. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Either he has a secret stash in a unknown Cat Cave or he's learned how to open a desk drawer. 

Oh, they can learn to open drawers.  My daughter’s former cat would climb on their dresser, reach down and open a drawer, and climb in. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

I thought the Coronation Concert last night was spectacular.

Lionel Richie at 73 was amazing and is the same age as King Charles.

Katy Perry, Take That, Andrea Bocelli, The Prince of Wales speech, even Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog, all amazing.

The lights in the sky were awesome as well as changing colorful lights beamed on Windsor Castle.

So many "ooh ahh" moments.

Best concert, ever.

• Like 7

So here is my rant of the day. 

We saw the Guardians of the Galaxy 3 movie which had a PG-13 rating.  Susan and I were both a little surprised when the main character dropped an F-bomb during one scene.  Both grandsons wanted to see the movie, so we were looking for things that might not be appropriate for them. 

Now I always thought that the F-bomb in a movie would automatically get it an R rating.  It just so happened that I read an article just after seeing the movie, and then can now have the F-bomb dropped three times, and still get a PG-13 rating.  Or, it can be up to nine times if the word is mumbled and not clearly enunciated. 

The sad thing is, it didn’t need to be there at all. It didn’t add anything to the story line.  Then we wonder what’s wrong with some kids.  

I better stop now before the rant goes on. Rant over. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

@Sea Dog
Greg, I may be mistaken but was it you who reviewed or posted something about your shore excursion in Turquoise Bay, Roatan? I have "lost" that information/post. Can you please give me a short run down if you can?

We have stuck with Infinity Bay and Tabyana but wanted to check out different ones.

Thanks.

19 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I watched and really enjoyed the Netflix series about the PGA Tour called Full Swing.  It was based on the very successful Netflix series about Formula One racing called Drive to Survive.  Although I didn't know much about F1, I started watching Drive to Survive and am really enjoying it as well.  The sport of F1 is insane in every way.  Unbelievable amounts of money, crazy fast and scary driving, world famous drivers, lots of politics behind the scenes, and an incredible spectacle when racing.  The Miami Grand Prix is about to start and as you can imagine, Miami is a true spectacle with money and celebrities everywhere.  I'm looking forward to watching. 

Our daughter and grandson got us into watching F1.  So much so that we attended last October near Austin.  We walked miles to and from parking lots while watching helicopters fly in the rich and famous. It was a full weekend. The tracks around the world make for interesting watching.  DH and I said for the expense it’s one and done but we were happy to make it a memory with our grandson.  

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It is the ship wifi that is effecting me playing it.  I tried and it didn't play until several minutes later and I had already opened a new tab and looking at a different webpage.

When do you get back? I tried to look but either the next ship(s) is sold out or something. I don't see your ship again until june in alaska when I searched by ship.

Sorry about your wifi. I'd think such a new ship would be better. 

30 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@Sea Dog
Greg, I may be mistaken but was it you who reviewed or posted something about your shore excursion in Turquoise Bay, Roatan? I have "lost" that information/post. Can you please give me a short run down if you can?

We have stuck with Infinity Bay and Tabyana but wanted to check out different ones.

Thanks.

Yes that was me. We booked it through Royal. It was call the "Turquoise Bay VIP Beach Break."

IMG_0947.thumb.jpeg.1c40b8670dfa0e0d332614ed824f357f.jpeg

It included lunch and free drinks.

IMG_0954.thumb.jpeg.44220c7e12b7aa610e121ad8664c6bd1.jpeg

IMG_0948.thumb.jpeg.9947f084f7ea42761a201cfacc9dfcdb.jpeg

IMG_0949.thumb.jpeg.03205049959207a3f7b687ac2aa6bef3.jpeg

IMG_0950.thumb.jpeg.118916c38c749743b8774af40a23320c.jpeg

The location was beautiful and the area was very clean.

IMG_0964.thumb.jpeg.82da86e047cb86e54356de06eaf6333d.jpeg

We had loungers and there were waiters that would come around and take your drink orders.

IMG_0955.thumb.jpeg.ee557c24dc5b83776882bbc33298adae.jpeg

The food was excellent

IMG_0958.thumb.jpeg.e28d73dd4ec68f32faa2a49f25416668.jpeg

IMG_0959.thumb.jpeg.9dcbfe0a922b70b40700c8b61f082360.jpeg

I cocktails were amazing and strong.

IMG_0956.thumb.jpeg.0ed2a080b71cc306302dddcddc99c6a0.jpeg

IMG_0965.thumb.jpg.7c35c376b990306cf036332f0283db9c.jpg

There were even  buckets of beers everywhere

IMG_0951.thumb.jpeg.d0617796c5ec3a74644eb94e8c115ab5.jpeg

There were clean restrooms and musicians playing some great music that wasn't too loud just perfect. The bus ride is about 45 minutes to there but it was interesting to see the sites along the way. I highly recommend this excursion.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Resized_Screenshot_20230507-222910_Facebook.jpeg.174acf4579a6a982bd4354d40caf1067.jpeg

Add rubber bands to the list.  Leonard loves his rubber bands. I'm always afraid he's going to choke on them but no matter how many I take away, he keeps finding more.  Either he has a secret stash in a unknown Cat Cave or he's learned how to open a desk drawer. 

My surrogate parents' male cat has an obsession with the rings from milk jugs (the part that breaks off when you break the seal on a new bottle).  

Their female cat stole a hair scrunchie from my room when I was staying at their house, and she took it into Dad's room and jumped up on his bed with it.  Poor guy didn't know what it was, and thought it was a garter!  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

48 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@Sea Dog

Thanks.

I have a guy there that can customize the day for you, if you want to do something different.  Island tour, animal encounters, beach break, etc.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1