Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@Husky1987 @jmh2006 Hey what are you guys doing at Coco Cay? We are doing the beach club again, are you?

We’ve never done the beach club…but always looking for an excuse to try it.  I’ll ask my wife what she thinks and let you know.

In the meantime, capping off a busy Saturday with his and hers Old Fashioneds…minus the usual orange peel.

A7D83D42-EBCA-4C23-9CFD-8504F2C5FE2D.thumb.jpeg.86a4a626a115e8b076208c464c2b25a2.jpeg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

We’ve never done the beach club…but always looking for an excuse to try it.  I’ll ask my wife what she thinks and let you know.

In the meantime, capping off a busy Saturday with his and hers Old Fashioneds…minus the usual orange peel.

A7D83D42-EBCA-4C23-9CFD-8504F2C5FE2D.thumb.jpeg.86a4a626a115e8b076208c464c2b25a2.jpeg

Great stuff! Cheers!! Me thinks you and I will be drinking a lot of Old Fashioned’s on this cruise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is very possible. When I worked in a SI Day Camp in 1959 Bonnie was a camper .A guy who is a CC regular and I went to the same college ,he graduated 2 years after me but we were both there for 2 of the same years.

Another CC regular lived 2 blocks away from me in the 70’s .I did not know either of these people at the time but it is quite likely that we passed each other by at some point.

I attended that summer camp for 10 of the best summers of my life, first as a camper, then as a Jr. Counselor.

@Luckynana @DaniDanielle Maryann, Marietta, although I didn't grow up on SI my memories of those summers will forevermore be etched in my heart.

Driving to camp from the ferry terminal, past Clove Lake, Silver Lake Parks on Victory Blvd, Jolly Trolley on a side street near Victory Blvd.  I even remember a large furniture store with a vertical sign: Dependable.

Loved taking that SI ferry daily.  Soft pretzels with mustard on top never quite tasted the same as on that ferry.

• Like 4

On 6/2/2023 at 4:24 PM, h20skibum said:

I think I may need to have a discussion with my granddaughter when I see her tonight.   I know I mentioned that the grandkids make a calendar for us every year, and each month has one of their pieces of artwork.  

Well, when I turned the calendar to June, a day late, this morning, I saw this one drawn by her.  

IMG_7447.thumb.jpeg.c3abf1547a3b7a67ac9e7282a8ef8d1b.jpeg

Now, I don’t know if these are all things she thinks we enjoy?  Tiki drinks 👍🏻.  Upside down pineapple 🤷,

Maybe there are things going on in their house I don’t know about!   🤣🤣

I just know it will be interesting getting her explanation of the picture. 

I guess as long as she's not drawing lighthouse cookies, it's all good!   LOL

• Haha 9

14 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Finally, here's the view from Coastal Kitchen at dinner one night.

APC_3270.thumb.jpg.c1fc799f76b3e6f3aaf6db869de32f24.jpg

Let's add a breaching whale.

APC_3270-1.thumb.jpg.75f1297ae089bd0b768697197a66a5c2.jpg

I thought for sure you were going to Photoshop in a picture of a can opener on the table!  🤣

• Haha 3

I've been mostly offline for a couple of days, and boy does that leave a lot of catching up to do!

I worked a 16-hour shift in the ER on Thursday in order to get off four hours early on Friday for a graduation party.  My "new" cousin's daughter's grad party was from 4-8 on Friday, and my "new" father came up from Alabama and brought his wife, plus a cousin (the sister of the one I originally contacted, thinking he was my brother) came up from Texas with her two kids, her niece, and a couple of their significant others.  

My son and his girlfriend came to the grad party and he got to meet all these new relatives -- until now, all he had met were my father Bill, my uncle Jack, and my aunt Linda.  I think it was a bit overwhelming for him meeting sooooooo many people and not really understanding how they all fit into the picture.  I had done the initial genealogy work, so I knew about the various aunt/uncle/cousin/kids combinations, but he came into it pretty blind.  

Anyway, this is me trying to explain my family tree to him:

278xmg.thumb.jpg.b89d5c51052df4169ad68fe36594986e.jpg

I spent the day today with Bill and his wife.  We met up with good friends of theirs for lunch, and they were fascinated to hear my whole "discovering my family" story, too.  We went back out to Aunt Linda's for dinner with the Texas family and my cousin with the daughter who graduated.

The Texas contingent (who are from the Houston area) had gone to the beach in South Haven, Michigan, for the day, where they discovered that while Lake Michigan may LOOK like the ocean, and in spite of an air temperature of around 92F today, with water temps in the mid-50s, Lake Michigan definitely does not FEEL like the ocean!  😂  They were either way too hot on the beach, or WAY too cold in the water (they only made it thigh-deep at the most.... amateurs!). 

Then after dinner I went with Bill and his wife to meet my uncle Chuck's wife and son.  (Chuck, who died in 2016, is the one that I initially thought was my birthfather.)  That one threw me for a bit of a loop, because I had forgotten that Chuck's last wife was a LOT younger than him... she's only a few years older than me!  He robbed the cradle with that one. 

I'm meeting Bill and his wife for breakfast in the morning, then they're heading back to Alabama.  There's a big family reunion planned for mid-September in Alabama, so that will be my next visit with Bill, and I'll get to meet my younger half-sister and her family then, plus a bunch more cousins, etc.  My son and his girlfriend should be going to that reunion, too, so hopefully he'll know a few more names on the family tree by then.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

I've been mostly offline for a couple of days, and boy does that leave a lot of catching up to do!

I worked a 16-hour shift in the ER on Thursday in order to get off four hours early on Friday for a graduation party.  My "new" cousin's daughter's grad party was from 4-8 on Friday, and my "new" father came up from Alabama and brought his wife, plus a cousin (the sister of the one I originally contacted, thinking he was my brother) came up from Texas with her two kids, her niece, and a couple of their significant others.  

My son and his girlfriend came to the grad party and he got to meet all these new relatives -- until now, all he had met were my father Bill, my uncle Jack, and my aunt Linda.  I think it was a bit overwhelming for him meeting sooooooo many people and not really understanding how they all fit into the picture.  I had done the initial genealogy work, so I knew about the various aunt/uncle/cousin/kids combinations, but he came into it pretty blind.  

Anyway, this is me trying to explain my family tree to him:

278xmg.thumb.jpg.b89d5c51052df4169ad68fe36594986e.jpg

I spent the day today with Bill and his wife.  We met up with good friends of theirs for lunch, and they were fascinated to hear my whole "discovering my family" story, too.  We went back out to Aunt Linda's for dinner with the Texas family and my cousin with the daughter who graduated.

The Texas contingent (who are from the Houston area) had gone to the beach in South Haven, Michigan, for the day, where they discovered that while Lake Michigan may LOOK like the ocean, and in spite of an air temperature of around 92F today, with water temps in the mid-50s, Lake Michigan definitely does not FEEL like the ocean!  😂  They were either way too hot on the beach, or WAY too cold in the water (they only made it thigh-deep at the most.... amateurs!). 

Then after dinner I went with Bill and his wife to meet my uncle Chuck's wife and son.  (Chuck, who died in 2016, is the one that I initially thought was my birthfather.)  That one threw me for a bit of a loop, because I had forgotten that Chuck's last wife was a LOT younger than him... she's only a few years older than me!  He robbed the cradle with that one. 

I'm meeting Bill and his wife for breakfast in the morning, then they're heading back to Alabama.  There's a big family reunion planned for mid-September in Alabama, so that will be my next visit with Bill, and I'll get to meet my younger half-sister and her family then, plus a bunch more cousins, etc.  My son and his girlfriend should be going to that reunion, too, so hopefully he'll know a few more names on the family tree by then.  

Not surprised your son is confused, I got confused reading your post (in a good way).  So pleased your newly discovered family & extended family members continue to welcome you with open arms.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

The first fountain show of the day in April was God Bless the USA. Equally inspiring.

The fountains are physically so simple, yet they are so inspiring.

I love God Bless the USA by Lee *****.  Every time I hear that song, it puts a tear in my eyes.  What a great song to start the show with.  I will try to catch that song tomorrow (Sunday) as it will be our last day here.  

The first songs on the schedule for everyday this week is Star Bangled Banner/Con Te Partiro.  Star Spangled is also the last song of the night.  

I’m glad they put these inspiring patriotic songs to start the show with and end the show with.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

I guess as long as she's not drawing lighthouse cookies, it's all good!   LOL

I will admit, that’s why I was very careful when choosing a Happy Birthday card to post here for @Ocean Boy’s celebration.

• Haha 7

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That’s fantastic! We are going to have a blast!!!

10 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

I booked that excursion too!

8 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Yes got that one booked too!

All y’all are doing Jost Van Dyke AND Beach Club?!!  I’m officially jealous!  

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Date and Ship please?

Adventure of the Seas leaving Fort Lauderdale October 21,2023 to October 28th.

Itinerary.

Day 1 Fort Lauderdale 

Day 2 Cruising

Day 3 Cruising

Day 4 St. Croix

Day 5 Tortola

Day 6 Cruising

Day 7 Perfect Day 

Day Fort Lauderdale 

Great itinerary. I think you should join us!!!!!

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Not surprised your son is confused, I got confused reading your post (in a good way).  So pleased your newly discovered family & extended family members continue to welcome you with open arms.

The family reunion in Alabama in September is going to be overwhelming... cousins coming from Florida and Texas and Michigan plus all the cousins that are still down in that area.  

This whole "huge family" thing is hard to comprehend from someone used to families of just one marriage with two kids!  

• Like 7