Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am getting a new grand dog on Wednesday!  Sherlock, my son and his family will now have three dogs.  My husband thinks they are crazy!!!IMG_0825.thumb.jpeg.902fe770840e4e57250cdcf252fcfbe8.jpeg

Welcome to the family Sherlock!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am getting a new grand dog on Wednesday!  Sherlock, my son and his family will now have three dogs.  My husband thinks they are crazy!!!IMG_0825.thumb.jpeg.902fe770840e4e57250cdcf252fcfbe8.jpeg

Congratulations on your new granddog.My next house neighbor has a dog and 2 cats.Toby and I once had 3 cats in a one bedroom apartment.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2023 at 8:40 PM, QueSeraSera said:

So I must admit I have no idea what this means.  Late to the party, the story of my life.  Well, actually, I am one of those people who runs late sometimes.  My apologies....

A serious question though: we are getting ready to book our 2nd RCI cruise.  We loved Odyssey of the Seas and are looking at her itineraries.  Are there any "sister ships" of Odyssey that we should look at?  I get that all the ships have their plusses and minuses, but I'm specifically looking for our 2nd RCI cruise to be on Odyssey or a ship a lot like her.  TIA

What time of the year do you want to sail?   There are various ships sailing out of Cape Liberty, NJ or Baltimore, if you don't want to fly to FL or another state.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I keep getting the Best Buy one.  I guess enough people are falling for these scams.

I get that one every couple of weeks.   

Eric got one from a nail salon over the weekend.   I found that one really strange but we had a good laugh over it as I always tell him he needs a pedicure.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

Ive got a fun few days ahead. Wednesday night I fly to Connecticut, spend Thursday at my boss’ home on the sound in Norwalk, CT, fly back from La Guardia late Thursday night (we’re talking midnight arrival) and leave early Friday morning for a girl’s weekend in St. Augustine, Fl.

https://www.visitnorwalk.org

Sounds like an action packed few days. Norwalk is part of CT Gold Coast so any house on the Sound has got to be gorgeous.  Enjoy! 

High temperature for Thursday is a sweltering 70. 😉

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 2:04 PM, Jimbo said:

You could have the cat micro chipped( it's pretty common now) pretty easily, not sure how much I like putting collars on a cat that can go outside or even inside sometimes and get hanged up on the collar on something.

Use the safety/break away collars.

On 5/30/2023 at 12:47 PM, dpostman said:

The TZ bridge is 183 ft wide, and the widest 737 (737-MAX) has a 117ft wing span.  That fits and would be amazing to see it land on the bridge.

Unfortunately, the A380 is significantly larger and has a wing span of 261ft.  (Some clipping will occur, DO NOT ATTEMPT)

Sorry, couldn't help myself. 😁

dp

Could the bridge handle the weight of a 737? I’m guessing it could, but I have no clue. 🛩️ 😁

On 5/30/2023 at 1:17 PM, Jimbo said:

Here is a couple pictures of a couple Lillies  near our front walkway leading to the front porch.

One was taken about 6 days ago and one just a few minutes ago. Finally the sun is coming out and the rain has stopped.

There are still a lot more buds yet to bloom 🙂

20230530_113502.thumb.jpg.6831ee86bf14ee411c9298e39f5b67fc.jpg

Beautiful lilies. I want those lilies in my yard. What exactly are they called so I can see if they will grow down here?

Never mind. Just asked my dear friend Google and I’m 1 zone to warm. 🙁

• Like 1

on a sad note, my drone bit the dust, so I won’t have any beautiful aerial shots to post 😭😭😭

I wish CC had a sad emoji. Sorry, what happened? Crash or something else. Will you get a new one? I hope so as I love your drone videos.

• Like 2

on a sad note, my drone bit the dust, so I won’t have any beautiful aerial shots to post 😭😭😭

I love seeing your drone shots.  Are you planning to replace it eventually?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish CC had a sad emoji. Sorry, what happened? Crash or something else. Will you get a new one? I hope so as I love your drone videos.

She does a great job with her drone videos doesn't she.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2023 at 6:07 PM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We are in the 32nd floor.  Last time we were here, we were on the 35th floor and our view was of the Bellagio.  We could watch the fountain shows from there.  Just couldn’t hear the music.  

There were some really big fluffy clouds out the window on the plane but I was sitting on the wrong side so I couldn’t take a picture for you.

But here are some nice ones for you.

IMG_6399.thumb.jpeg.34805367378b7b2922bfe104bb0349f9.jpeg

IMG_6400.thumb.jpeg.8ec0c9812ea6dd3bf698b07dbeecdf87.jpeg

Hope y’all enjoyed your trip. Great view.

On 6/1/2023 at 6:31 PM, Momof3gurlz said:

So finally some pictures of the kitchen island project.  First, the before photos, including blue tape we used as a guide for the placement of the new island.  You can see it’s not only an unusual shape, but very oddly placed and not at all practical for cooking due to the distance from the sink and stove.  
IMG_8857.thumb.jpeg.bdd599a6226bd4916fb10ada02d74ce2.jpeg

IMG_8858.thumb.jpeg.a5db1a69a962e2f328d245576c9aa848.jpeg

IMG_8859.thumb.jpeg.3a2c811fd17cb146e9327fd96321be17.jpeg

The placement also meant the kitchen table had to be pushed too close to the far wall to allow for any type of China cabinet or hutch. (Old photo from last Christmas)

IMG_7165.thumb.jpeg.2c27d9d8f38a373536d708508dd98143.jpeg

This is the new island. Much larger, more functional and so much more storage. It also allows the table and chairs to be centered and room for a hutch.  
IMG_8977.thumb.jpeg.fa89fd2540ae9a0c59bf1d56f3a1412a.jpeg

IMG_8978.thumb.jpeg.ac4f11bb680c3c0a4a90678d00559d2e.jpeg

IMG_8980.thumb.jpeg.4ea040221cff2c117a9c9afb37ee729b.jpeg

IMG_8979.thumb.jpeg.b6f73a47f3d888741e7fbad6c23f2b1d.jpeg

There’s still some discoloration in the hardwoods from the old island but that will eventually darken. I absolutely love the two deep drawers for all my pots and pans.  

The island looks great as does the rest of the kitchen.

On 6/2/2023 at 5:17 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks! That drink sounds very good.

I thought you might also like the name. 

On 6/2/2023 at 8:13 AM, Keksie said:

Samantha, Annabel, and Elmer wanted breakfast on their patio.  It is a nice 70F this morning.  We need rain though.  

Resized_20230602_065342.thumb.jpeg.4ff8c052c9e5d4304f54820ad7705414.jpeg

Is the area fenced in or is it like a cage where they can’t get out? I let the cats go in the shade house when I’m out there and sometimes when I’m inside. The lower area (about 4’ high) we have the pet screen which is stronger than the regular screen. Chloe absolutely loves to go out there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2023 at 12:15 PM, Husky1987 said:

So, we had an eventful May.  Last weekend of April, we had a house fire.  Freak spark accident into an Arborvitae plant (pro tip: cut the torches-waiting-to-happen down if they're next to your house, like I always wanted to do but never got around to LOL).  Thankfully, the fire went up through the roof and not down.  Everybody....wife, dog, cat, chickens, were all okay.  Not a lot of fire damage to the house itself (in fact, you can't really tell there was a fire inside the house other than the smoke smell), but lots of smoke and water (fire department did an amazing job).

House42923.jpg.964c29a4644f619045a0b68db807c68a.jpg

Looking at 6-8 months for reconstruction.  From the outside, 95% of the house looks normal.  I'm sure they'll have to gut the inside down to the studs due to the smoke and fire.  In the meantime, we were lucky to find a rental house in our neighborhood just a couple blocks away, so we are super close for the duration (depending on the wonderful county permitting/inspection process, may be there up to 12 months).  Easy enough to feed the chickens and keep an eye on things during reconstruction. 

Didn't lose anything sentimental.  Insurance company thus far has been great (even, dare I say, overly generous in their valuing of certain items).  Anything we lost....stuff is just stuff anyway. 

The only cruise-related casualty is a 16 day we had planned in October.  We really don't want to be away for 2-1/2 weeks so we're cutting it back to a week in October.  Which is fine, since we'll be on our favorite ship, the Adventure.

Which is appropriate, since life is an adventure, right?  

In the meantime, here's Stevie and her best friend Tucker, all tired out from playing.  We stayed with our next door neighbors for about three weeks while the whole rental deal was being hashed out.  They were wonderful, told us to stay as long as we needed to.  Stevie played with Tucker all day long, every day, and thought us burning the house down was the best thing we've ever done. 

StevieTucker.jpg.939e4794809a8ea59a3ddfa85d605c97.jpg

I’m so sorry to hear about your house and glad everyone is safe. That had to have been scary.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Hope y’all enjoyed your trip. Great view.

The island looks great as does the rest of the kitchen.

I thought you might also like the name. 

Is the area fenced in or is it like a cage where they can’t get out? I let the cats go in the shade house when I’m out there and sometimes when I’m inside. The lower area (about 4’ high) we have the pet screen which is stronger than the regular screen. Chloe absolutely loves to go out there.

The area is fenced with cattle panels and is 75% covered with more panels.  None of the cats has ever tried to get out.  We can cover it more if needed but this gives my husband room to clean the gutters. They do love it out there.  They are only out during the day and we lock the cat door before dark.

• Like 4

Question for @Sea DogGreg, Deb and the 10/21 Adventurers:
What was the price for the Coco Cay Beach Club excursion that you booked?

I am seeing $283 on one sailing and $168 on the other sailing in my CP (August and September).

This is a great itinerary and I looked at it (for Tortola), but cannot work the dates since we will be on the Equinox ABC.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Saw these at Lowes today. Thought about getting one or two & placing them on the edge of my property along the side of the road.

20230605_174333.thumb.jpg.72f4449cdbe9cc148cbc249e0b044938.jpg

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Use the safety/break away collars.

Could the bridge handle the weight of a 737? I’m guessing it could, but I have no clue. 🛩️ 😁

Beautiful lilies. I want those lilies in my yard. What exactly are they called so I can see if they will grow down here?

Never mind. Just asked my dear friend Google and I’m 1 zone to warm. 🙁

All our cats are inside cats,so none have collars.

Not sure what the Lillies are called,they were here when we moved in.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Ugh multiple crashes 😭 It started in St John on Trunk Bay. Note to self...never try to land a drone on a beach when you're inebriated. It didn't land on the shelf I was trying for and instead fell into the sand.  Because of said inebriation, I didn't clean it off well enough. 

The next time I went to use it, several of the props were stuck so I cleaned it with alcohol to the motors and compressed air.

Then the gimbal was stuck. Did the same to it....The drone flew and had a mind of it's own and flew directly into my neighbor's house with no direction from me.

Sorry this happened. I hate it when your drone flies onto a house.

47 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Question for @Sea DogGreg, Deb and the 10/21 Adventurers:
What was the price for the Coco Cay Beach Club excursion that you booked?

I am seeing $283 on one sailing and $168 on the other sailing in my CP (August and September).

This is a great itinerary and I looked at it (for Tortola), but cannot work the dates since we will be on the Equinox ABC.

We paid $170pp on 3/22/23 for a total of $354. I wish you could join us!

• Like 1