Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

58 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Spoken like a man that has been happily married a long time.

Expensive jewelry? Nah!

Trip of a lifetime? Meh!

Good bottle of $$$ wine? 👍

Cheers! Happy anniversary!

Thanks everyone, after about 60 cruises together, Shelagh has cut down on buying jewelry in the Caribbean, not completely she still gets Christmas cards from some of them . 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Just watched the start of a new season of Below Deck Sailing Yacht from Mahon Menorca Spain.

New chef Marcos.

2 new stewards and new deck hand.

Captain Glenn,Gary, Daisy and Colin Chief engineer from last season in Croatia.

Chef Marcos is an amazing Chef and a really nice guy too!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, George C said:

Going out tonight to our favorite restaurant to celebrate our 32 year anniversary, we go here at least once a week, but tonight we will splurge on a very good bottle of wine . 

Happy Anniversary!  Hope you enjoyed the time out tonight. 

• Like 5

Gosh I wish we could book one of these long, we're retired cruises. I keep looking at all of these fabulous itineraries. But we can't until Bobby is gone, the house is finished and sold, and we are moved. We love Bobby, even though he is obnoxious. I keep thinking all those things will happen by some future date. 🤔

And then Bill is quick to remind me that I said the same thing about Polly, the cockatiel. "He won't be around forever." Polly went on to live 19 years. We love our pets. But we would like to travel more. ☺️ 

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Gosh I wish we could book one of these long, we're retired cruises. I keep looking at all of these fabulous itineraries. But we can't until Bobby is gone, the house is finished and sold, and we are moved. We love Bobby, even though he is obnoxious. I keep thinking all those things will happen by some future date. 🤔

And then Bill is quick to remind me that I said the same thing about Polly, the cockatiel. "He won't be around forever." Polly went on to live 19 years. We love our pets. But we would like to travel more. ☺️ 

Find a house/pet sitter?  We have a young lady we use when we go away. She is a friend of one of our neighbors ( he knows her from the same church they go to.)

• Like 7

4 hours ago, George C said:

Going out tonight to our favorite restaurant to celebrate our 32 year anniversary, we go here at least once a week, but tonight we will splurge on a very good bottle of wine . 

Happy Anniversary to you and Shelagh!  I got you a cake to help you celebrate!

D90B0336-C6D7-4D1C-9972-2AD91B7924DC.thumb.jpeg.cead5249c297a20fdfb51ba69e430a37.jpeg

@DaniDanielle I’m so sorry that your daughter and her kids are going through this grief and it pains you to watch go through it.  I was wondering, do they belong to a support group for kids who have lost a parent or have they considered professional family counseling/therapy?  It might help with the grieving process?  Sorry, did not mean to pry.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Find a house/pet sitter?  We have a young lady we use when we go away. She is a friend of one of our neighbors ( he knows her from the same church they go to.)

Thanks! Bobby is on too much medication for a regular pet sitter. We haven't had success with that without a very expensive cost. Plus, he has anxiety. We have decided to forgoe it. And we can just give him a tranquilizer and take him up to the other house while we are working on that one. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

She saw Harry twice and would go as many times as she could!

Harry puts on a great show.  Hope her love of music is a source of comfort to your granddaughter and my thoughts are with you all as you continue to grieve your  son-in-law.

Has your daughter considered seeing a grief counsellor?  I only mention it because my best friend has started seeing one (took a few attempts to find one that was a good fit) and she is finding the visits helpful as her and her husband struggle with their grief.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Just watched the start of a new season of Below Deck Sailing Yacht from Mahon Menorca Spain.

New chef Marcos.

2 new stewards and new deck hand.

Captain Glenn,Gary, Daisy and Colin Chief engineer from last season in Croatia.

Marcos hands-down the best chef EVER.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I love this investment into grandchild relationships. It really makes such a difference.  OK they don’t do the same about our music (never could get my kids interested in my first love David Essex, although youngest came with me to see him when he performed a couple of years ago in the Gibraltar Music Festival).  I would go to see Taylor Swift in a heartbeat though,  I didn’t need my kids to direct me i don’t think.  

I'm still on 'wheels on the bus' and 'Bob the Builder' 😅.

On Tuesdays i take my two year old g/son  to music class and Gary 'plays' duets with him on the piano at home

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, George C said:

Happy Anniversary 😊  hope you have a great meal out 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

We were the same when we were working. 'Once we retire we'll travel the world'. We retired/got made redundant during covid, couldn't travel anywhere for a couple of years, then grandkids happened and we woudn't want to be away too long now. Plus, though we have a good house sitter who looks after Molly, she does miss us when we're away. 

• Like 10

We are still under a code red alert for air quality today, because of all the smoke.  It did clear a little yesterday morning so we could get out for a while, but then it came back. 

Don’t know if that is what caused it, but Susan started feeling “off” while we were out, then felt sick by the end of the day.  She took a Covid test, so it is not that.  For some reason, she still takes those.  Maybe because she is still a Covid virgin and she feels she missed out. 

Golfing grandson won his second match yesterday, so now at 2 for 2. He was pleased with his play, and the course had his picture on FB for a birdie on the toughest hole on the course. 

Talking about taking all the grandkids and daughter to the Japanese restaurant for lunch today, while Susan rests.  

• Like 10

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I am sure you all get stick  insects in your gardens.  I snapped a photo of this one because I haven’t seen one this big for quite a while.

71D1A70B-477D-4421-9C98-CCBCF36EA2CD.thumb.jpeg.7d41c0bdd2e710c56a4967cfa5eec756.jpeg

I don't know what the bugs Down Under feed on but I'm glad that they are there and not here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 15

15 hours ago, George C said:

Happy anniversary 

14 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

@HBE4  There are times when I can’t believe he is gone. He was  my handyman.  He was a master carpenter and could fix almost anything.  Such a good dad.  

You and your family are in my thoughts.  I know how hard that is. My niece lost her husband last year, and it is still hard on the kids. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, George C said:

Thanks everyone, after about 60 cruises together, Shelagh has cut down on buying jewelry in the Caribbean, not completely she still gets Christmas cards from some of them . 

Happy Anniversary to you both and may you have many more!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I am sure you all get stick  insects in your gardens.  I snapped a photo of this one because I haven’t seen one this big for quite a while.

71D1A70B-477D-4421-9C98-CCBCF36EA2CD.thumb.jpeg.7d41c0bdd2e710c56a4967cfa5eec756.jpeg

Wow, longest I've ever seen!  Maybe it's a log bug!

• Haha 4