Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Susan received some bad news.   Her cousin was killed in a motorcycle crash this weekend.  He was 57.

It seems I have known far too many people that have lost their lives in bike crashes.

I'm so sorry to hear your news.

Prayers 🙏 and condolences to Susan and all of her cousins family and friends.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2023 at 4:16 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a 20 or 30 minute delay due to our plane arriving at Trenton Airport from Orlando later than expected.

Boy Trenton Airport sure is easy peasy.  Frontier premium seating very nice too.  We will definitely fly this again.   

It is hot hot hot in Tampa.  We just came back from a walk along their Riverwalk. 

20230910_153201.thumb.jpg.04130e34e34bcf5347aaaf53a221e0d1.jpg20230910_154315.thumb.jpg.f5a27fc02a81dd5437c7a14a351e57ee.jpgVery nice area but we were dripping sweat on our way back.  I thought I would go to the pool but too hot to do that today.

We may try the free trolley tonight and see what we find for dinner.

I'm finding it very hot too,  though everywhere has air con.  We did the riverwalk yesterday too, around 11am to 3pm . I sat out at the pool after for an hour but it was too hot even in the shade 😎 

Today we took the free trolley to the Aquarium and then did an hour cruise in the bay. A fabulous nature speaker on board and we saw dolphins 🐬.  Just got back to hotel after walking back which was very hot.

20230911_133455.thumb.jpg.aa2fa7a4d4926880be0ff3dc15ab707e.jpg

20230911_131039.thumb.jpg.a1b7c4b1cbe207d81d873cd3b4a4cd7d.jpg

20230911_121014.thumb.jpg.328096b94b8c5d47d898f60a66c408c5.jpg

• Like 20

On 9/10/2023 at 4:31 PM, Sea Dog said:

Yes breeders are very strict about anyone taking bloodlines and becoming breeders themselves. Breeding King Charles Cavalier Spaniels can become very lucrative. At $3,000 a pup they don’t want their Cavalier bloodlines being bred somewhere else.

Our Molly Collie was bred from Crufts show dogs and we had to agree not to breed from her or show her. When we bought her 7 years ago she was about £800 but pure bred dogs are much more expensive now

• Like 6

On 9/10/2023 at 4:23 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi Sue and Gary,  we landed in Tampa  12:30ish today and got to our hotel, Emassy Suites downtown Tampa right along the Riverwalk around 1:30.   Had some lunch and walked around, boy it sure is hot here.  

We have heat and humidity at home too.

Hope we get some nice sea breezes onboard Serenade.

Glad you're safely here.

Our check in is 11am tomorrow, looking forward to some sea breezes too.

Gary wanted to bid for an upgrade but when I said we wouldn't get extra points and I wanted to keep the rear facing cabin we decided against it. 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Susan received some bad news.   Her cousin was killed in a motorcycle crash this weekend.  He was 57.

It seems I have known far too many people that have lost their lives in bike crashes.

I am so sorry to hear this.  My condolences to you and Susan.  May her cousin Rest in Peace.🙏

• Like 1

We are back in Florida after a fantastic wedding weekend.  Other than Micheline's sister's family not being able to attend, everything went flawlessly.  The ceremony and reception were at Pinecroft at Crosley Estate, which was the estate of Powell Crosley Jr.  Among other things, he was the owner of the Cincinnati Reds.  The ceremony was outdoors in the garden area.  We took all of the photos before the ceremony and it got a little warm sitting in the sun.  Right before the guests began to arrive, it got a little overcast with a slight breeze and the weather ended up being perfect.

The reception was in a large pavilion and was decorated beautifully.  The DJ was incredible and the most important thing that my daughter wanted...a light up dance floor...was the hit of the night.  There were a few slower dances, but it was pretty much non-stop dancing for 3+ hours.  Both my daughter and son-in-law (still sounds weird saying that) have a large group of great "kids" as friends wholove to have a good time.  They are all so incredibly polite.  It didn't hurt that most of the girls there were dancers, including two who are currently Cincinnati Ben-Gal cheerleaders.  I'm a little biased but it was probably the most fun wedding I've been to (although many other people agreed).  

The Father-Daughter dance went great.  After a few practice steps with my daughter the day before, I easily got the rhythm and added a few spins and other moves.   I was fully focused on my daughter and didn't even think about everyone else there but when I got back to our table, all of the women were crying.  I guess that's a good thing.  😁 

Most of the upstairs of the estate was the bridal suite with separate rooms for hair/make-up, dressing, etc.  The Groom's suite was in a really cool basement area with a bank vault door that hid a wine cellar that was used during prohibition days.   One of the upstairs rooms was reserved for the fathers.  I didn't take a lot of pictures but got a few of the estate and ceremony area before the guests arrived. 

The bride looking out one of the windows of her suite

FullSizeRender.thumb.JPEG.3880667456e9ff0e991da6c1a3d14564.JPEG

Looking down from the fathers room while the bride and groom "privately" (while mic'd and being recorded by 2 videographers and 2 photographers) shared vows

IMG_0756.thumb.jpg.e9e36df2895df351708ea3338ddbf294.jpg

Wedding party pictures by the rear of the main house.

IMG_0758.thumb.jpg.169e34c73f8638d2495509dc0b730eea.jpg

The walk up this aisle with my daughter both seemed to take a long time and was over in an instant

IMG_0760.thumb.jpg.c8696212b2f50a17709a9f440d866f28.jpg

I stole a couple of pictures from other people...the first dance:

IMG_0056.thumb.jpg.063707c19d4a2314f1b002dcae50ffd3.jpg

The Father-Daughter dance (no video 😉)

IMG_0058.thumb.jpeg.7f067a0eef332bec926c005244582b71.jpeg

Dance floor fun after a few drinks.  The bride seems happy. 😁

IMG_0046.thumb.JPEG.aa645034b648524d5818b5e991e35e57.JPEG

We had a 50 person rehearsal dinner on Thursday night, the wedding on Friday night, and then Micheline and I toured our family through some of the history of Cincinnati and finished with dinner in a restaurant room overlooking Great American Ballpark where the Reds had a home game and there were fans everywhere.  Way, WAY too much food and drink over 3 days.  Time to give my stomach and my liver a break.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Andy used to ride also, from about 2010 until 2019. I was very happy when he decided to sell the bike.  

Jim had a BSA that he absolutely loved.  Four of our friends also had bikes.  We all used to ride around the Island as couples.  We were talking about buying one for me also, but I wound up pregnant shortly after we married.  That was the end of that!  Jim had his motorcycle for many years, just sitting in the garage after the babies came along.  One or two of our friends still have motorcycles and still ride.  I'm glad Jim got rid of his years ago.  Like Mark said, too many people have been killed riding.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We are back in Florida after a fantastic wedding weekend.  Other than Micheline's sister's family not being able to attend, everything went flawlessly.  The ceremony and reception were at Pinecroft at Crosley Estate, which was the estate of Powell Crosley Jr.  Among other things, he was the owner of the Cincinnati Reds.  The ceremony was outdoors in the garden area.  We took all of the photos before the ceremony and it got a little warm sitting in the sun.  Right before the guests began to arrive, it got a little overcast with a slight breeze and the weather ended up being perfect.

The reception was in a large pavilion and was decorated beautifully.  The DJ was incredible and the most important thing that my daughter wanted...a light up dance floor...was the hit of the night.  There were a few slower dances, but it was pretty much non-stop dancing for 3+ hours.  Both my daughter and son-in-law (still sounds weird saying that) have a large group of great "kids" as friends wholove to have a good time.  They are all so incredibly polite.  It didn't hurt that most of the girls there were dancers, including two who are currently Cincinnati Ben-Gal cheerleaders.  I'm a little biased but it was probably the most fun wedding I've been to (although many other people agreed).  

The Father-Daughter dance went great.  After a few practice steps with my daughter the day before, I easily got the rhythm and added a few spins and other moves.   I was fully focused on my daughter and didn't even think about everyone else there but when I got back to our table, all of the women were crying.  I guess that's a good thing.  😁 

Most of the upstairs of the estate was the bridal suite with separate rooms for hair/make-up, dressing, etc.  The Groom's suite was in a really cool basement area with a bank vault door that hid a wine cellar that was used during prohibition days.   One of the upstairs rooms was reserved for the fathers.  I didn't take a lot of pictures but got a few of the estate and ceremony area before the guests arrived. 

Looking down from the fathers room while the bride and groom "privately" (while mic'd and being recorded by 2 videographers and 2 photographers) shared vows

The walk up this aisle with my daughter both seemed to take a long time and was over in an instant

We had a 50 person rehearsal dinner on Thursday night, the wedding on Friday night, and then Micheline and I toured our family through some of the history of Cincinnati and finished with dinner in a restaurant room overlooking Great American Ballpark where the Reds had a home game and there were fans everywhere.  Way, WAY too much food and drink over 3 days.  Time to give my stomach and my liver a break.

Love the pictures! So happy all went well. Now you need a cruise to relax on!  

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I'm finding it very hot too,  though everywhere has air con.  We did the riverwalk yesterday too, around 11am to 3pm . I sat out at the pool after for an hour but it was too hot even in the shade 😎 

Today we took the free trolley to the Aquarium and then did an hour cruise in the bay. A fabulous nature speaker on board and we saw dolphins 🐬.  Just got back to hotel after walking back which was very hot.

20230911_133455.thumb.jpg.aa2fa7a4d4926880be0ff3dc15ab707e.jpg

20230911_131039.thumb.jpg.a1b7c4b1cbe207d81d873cd3b4a4cd7d.jpg

20230911_121014.thumb.jpg.328096b94b8c5d47d898f60a66c408c5.jpg

We have done this too and loved it! I would have suggested the Dale Chuily museum and Dali if you had more time.

Have a great cruise Sue and Gary

And Debbie and Eric!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We are back in Florida after a fantastic wedding weekend. 

The photos looked amazing. Beautiful place for a wedding, and Lisa says the dress was amazing. I have to agree with her. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It sounds and looks like an amazing weekend. Your daughter’s gown was just beautiful.  Thank you for sharing the pictures and details.  Now you need a vacation!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

What a beautiful wedding! I’m so happy for you and your daughter. You look good on that dance floor though there has to be video somewhere…hint…I’m glad it came off without a hitch a will have beautiful memories of a very special moment.

• Thanks 1