Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Our "Israeli" son has very limited time off, and we offered to foot the bill for a short flight (4 days) during the long Yom Kippur WE. It was a huge surprise for the grands, who were rooting for him to visit. Here's where he suddenly appeared by the back door.... The expense was so worth it, just to see their sheer joy.

image.thumb.jpeg.5383e7ad6275d38ee18a6ecb57702d41.jpeg

During his short visit, he managed to teach the youngest one to ride the bicycle, a feat his own father didn't manage to accomplish

PRECIOUS!!!!!   Such a beautiful relationship between nephews and their Uncle.  Thank you for sharing this beautiful picture, Dani!💖💖

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

@Ozark_Kid  You are on Allure right?

Wasn't this suppose to be your itinerary? Did they change things up?

01 Oct 16:00     Departing from Galveston, Texas hotels
04 Oct 08:00 - 17:00     Roatan Island, Mahogany Bay-Coxen Hole, Honduras
05 Oct 08:00 - 17:00     Costa Maya, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya
06 Oct 07:00 - 17:00     Cozumel, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya
08 Oct 07:00     Arriving in Galveston, Texas

We have same exact ports next month on Harmony 

which replaces Allure

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Saving the best for the end....

Our "Israeli" son has very limited time off, and we offered to foot the bill for a short flight (4 days) during the long Yom Kippur WE. It was a huge surprise for the grands, who were rooting for him to visit. Here's where he suddenly appeared by the back door.... The expense was so worth it, just to see their sheer joy.

During his short visit, he managed to teach the youngest one to ride the bicycle, a feat his own father didn't manage to accomplish....

image.thumb.jpeg.6d838995ab3b95061bb6a769dd76b79b.jpeg

Dani, how wonderful that you were able to organise this.  Family is everything ❤️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We are at the ice skating show.  I have never noticed this before but they had a roped off corner section.   When we approached the section the lady asked if we were diamond and then let us in.  I don't remember a diamond section on other ships. Now with 5 minutes left they opened it up for the rest of the seats to be filled.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are at the ice skating show.  I have never noticed this before but they had a roped off corner section.   When we approached the section the lady asked if we were diamond and then let us in.  I don't remember a diamond section on other ships. Now with 5 minutes left they opened it up for the rest of the seats to be filled.

I've seen it D D+ P and suites on some ships and D+ P and suites on others. Same thing in the theater.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Still can't figure out how the boat, or whomever brokers the crew, didn't catch that. You could tell he knew he was caught as he remaind way too calm when his credentials were brought into question. I think Luka is going to a great job as Bosun. He has a really good demeanor.

Yes, he definitely was way too calm.      The other tell was when he called Capt Sandy and said he never had his friend ship his credentials from home to the ship.   You would have thought he would ask his friend immediately after the meeting to get that sent out expedited / overnight mail.    

I do like Luka and feel confident he will do well (as long as Capt Sandy doesn't micro-manage too much).   

I also think Natalya is doing a good job as "acting chief stew" but I have only watched ep. #1 so far.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

PRECIOUS!!!!!   Such a beautiful relationship between nephews and their Uncle.  Thank you for sharing this beautiful picture, Dani!💖💖

Most Definitely agree.    That photo is priceless. @dani negreanu   That was wonderful that you were able to arrange that surprise visit.❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am surprised Natalya didn’t mind not being Chief Stew. She seems a bit full of herself,  may be she thought she would end up being Chief Stew eventually.

I am vaguely starting to remember the drama with her on a previous season.    On Ep 1 I thought she was doing good with managing but we all know there is more drama to come.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am surprised Natalya didn’t mind not being Chief Stew. She seems a bit full of herself,  may be she thought she would end up being Chief Stew eventually.

Natalya is really hard to work with if she doesn't get her way.  I am really surprised that they brought both Kyle and her back, will be interesting to see what happens when he gets there.  Tumi came in a little too aggressive but we didn't see much, so that could just be how they want us to see her.  Should be interesting to see how it all shakes out.  Natalya has another career to fall back on in the short term at least.  She has been in Playboy and "models" swimwear too.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well at least they are leaving late. That Tram is the best although I wish they had several of them. We got lucky on our last visit and used it. The first time it wasn’t running and that long walk was brutal.

I stayed on board when we docked at Costa Maya in Feb.  My friend used the tram from the ship to the port but it wasn't there to get her back to the ship.  She said she didn't think she would make it.  I didn't want to take that chance.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The grands very much enjoyed the visit to "Ripley's believe it or not" museum, especially impressed by the highest and the tiniest man, and the one with the longest nails....

image.thumb.jpeg.a8ae1c18295222b8ff25946caeced3a9.jpeg

During his short visit, he managed to teach the youngest one to ride the bicycle, a feat his own father didn't manage to accomplish....

Wonderful!  What a beautiful surprise.

BTW, Jack is here in the USA for over 50 years and he is still considered an Israeli, a term he wears with pride.

How you and DH feeling?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The grands very much enjoyed the visit to "Ripley's believe it or not" museum, especially impressed by the highest and the tiniest man, and the one with the longest nails....

image.thumb.jpeg.a8ae1c18295222b8ff25946caeced3a9.jpeg

Wonderful Dani, family is everything ❤️ 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We're trying to get a few trips out on the River before she gets laid up for the winter.  For one reason or another we haven't been out as much as we should this year. IMG-20231002-WA0006.thumb.jpg.180d4660bc53cf5b6fab2ad8c17c5259.jpg

Out with my brothers and partners last weekend. Stopped in Windsor for a picnic lunch and then on a bit further where the river runs alongside Windsor Great Park. 

IMG-20231002-WA0000.thumb.jpg.0767b144436e375094652d7476f5220e.jpg

IMG-20231002-WA0003.thumb.jpg.208e3c7dcda6bf7592a860bf2653e49c.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

We have a fish pond in our garden with 6 fish, some of which came from my mums fishpond when she went into a care home in 2016.   As it gets colder they spend more time at the bottom of the pond and are difficult to spot. But they are definitely disappearing and we were down to two 

Then Gary spotted this on our fence , the culprit even though I have netting over the pond. 

IMG-20231002-WA0010.thumb.jpg.1936ce30fb81ecfeb2f0a3979968e966.jpg

Thought I had lost the last two, but yesterday I spotted them amongst the pond plants 

IMG-20231003-WA0000.thumb.jpg.53f9de76957b2c7d0b73d2cee06d3437.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 21