Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I wish I had video of hitting the chairs out by the pool.   At least noone was in them.  I guess part of it was getting excited to get to the ice cream!

LOL!  It was definitely your tunnel vision....ice cream!  ice cream!  ice cream!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

That yellow stuff (cheese?) next to the eggs looks like a heart. 

It's egg yoke from another egg.

Tonight is formal night but we went to the Windjammer so we can watch Top Gun out by the pool.  

image.thumb.png.80817a2d0d1fc47b93abf1b175f6399e.png

image.thumb.png.7b0881edd8ed740ed917f0fdc04dce29.png

It is soooo windy out here.  I need to stop posting before the phone is blown out of my hands!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I liked Giriadi as a player. Always called a good game, including David Cone's perfect game. Known more for his defensive skills, he did have a few bit hits including the game-winning, World Series-clinching Game 6 in 1996 against one of the best pitchers at the time, Greg Maddux. 

As a manager, meh. It seemed like the first couple of years were good but he was too rigid and by-the-book. A pitcher could have a shutout but as soon as he reached the "magical" 100-pitch count, Giradi would always pull him out & turn it over to the bullpen. Blew more than a few games that way. Plus, it seemed like he was very uptight and I think that translated into a uptight clubhouse.

I also heard that he sometimes gave nicknames to players that they did not like.I think Showalter did that too.

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

I didn't take anything except paracetamol for my early August bout of covid. It wasn't too bad, but I've got a lingering cough which I can't shake. 

I took Claritin allergy medicine when i had covid last October.   It took a couple of months for my cough to disappear.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

My cancer treatments are now complete.  Currently still not eating since my throat is still swollen shut, but that seems to going down quickly, I actually had some pudding by mouth this morning. And I actually able to talk a little.

My goal now to is to eat a complete meal by mouth. And get rid of the feeding tube in my stomach.

Sailing on 10/14 now is looking doable.

Which is also my 80th birthday. 

Great news!  A Birthday cruise is just what you need🥰

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

I didn't take anything except paracetamol for my early August bout of covid. It wasn't too bad, but I've got a lingering cough which I can't shake. 

The best cough medicine I ever used is Buckley’s original formula.It tastes awful but always works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

My cancer treatments are now complete.  Currently still not eating since my throat is still swollen shut, but that seems to going down quickly, I actually had some pudding by mouth this morning. And I actually able to talk a little.

My goal now to is to eat a complete meal by mouth. And get rid of the feeding tube in my stomach.

Wonderful news! So happy to hear this!
And Happy 80th Birthday!

Where are you sailing?

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 4:04 PM, Sea Dog said:

This is my second. They zapped the first one but the X-rays showed I had a second one. It had not bothered me until today. You would think as much pineapple juice I have been drinking in my tiki cocktails that I wouldn’t have a problem.😉

Sorry you are experiencing this pain.  I’m on a cruise and presently off the coast of CA and this is as far as I’ve read .  I had a 9 mm calcium oxalate stone which was removed by lithotripsy. I had one painful episode before that .  My urologist suggested drinking 1/2 cup of lemon juice diluted to one quart.  Lemon juice is acidic and calcium oxalate is basic .  I use crystal light to sweeten it . 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I am delighted to hear your good news.

Happy 80th birthday in advance.

80th-birthday-49.gif

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Using the mixer in the sink.  Brilliant.  I have cooked with so many kids and never thought of that.  

I'm short, so I always put the bowl in the sink just b/c I have to hold my arm up way too high if the bowl is on the counter!  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The charger that RC found and brought to us seems to be working.  It is a challenge with the control on the right side.  I have already ran over our Solo cruiser's toes and hit into some chairs.  Although I am not getting what I want I am content.   Life is better when we can be content.  It's a blessing just to get out on a cruise. 

We were hanging out in the Solarium hot tube where I met another person from the area I grew up in Ohio.  It was fun talking with him.  When I went to leave I couldn't get out of the Hot tube! My new friend and a couple more others came over and helped me out!  So many kind people. 

I’m reading quickly while on a bus tour into the French countryside, but had to comment here.  Your words reminded me of one of my favorite sayings:

”Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have”.  

• Like 21

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I watched 1st episode of BD Med last night.   What a mess with Ruan.   All very suspicious with his certificate.   Plus the others hired not there yet.   

Beautiful ship and look forward to the scenery.   

Still can't figure out how the boat, or whomever brokers the crew, didn't catch that. You could tell he knew he was caught as he remaind way too calm when his credentials were brought into question. I think Luka is going to a great job as Bosun. He has a really good demeanor.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, NHProud said:

Sorry you are experiencing this pain.  I’m on a cruise and presently off the coast of CA and this is as far as I’ve read .  I had a 9 mm calcium oxalate stone which was removed by lithotripsy. I had one painful episode before that .  My urologist suggested drinking 1/2 cup of lemon juice diluted to one quart.  Lemon juice is acidic and calcium oxalate is basic .  I use crystal light to sweeten it . 

Thank you Judy I’ll write this down.

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m reading quickly while on a bus tour into the French countryside, but had to comment here.  Your words reminded me of one of my favorite sayings:

”Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have”.  

What a wonderful quote. So true.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Still can't figure out how the boat, or whomever brokers the crew, didn't catch that. You could tell he knew he was caught as he remaind way too calm when his credentials were brought into question. I think Luka is going to a great job as Bosun. He has a really good demeanor.

I like Luka too. I wouldn’t be surprised who ever gets brought in will not work out and Luka will end up with the job.

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Judy I’ll write this down.

What a wonderful quote. So true.

I like Luka too. I wouldn’t be surprised who ever gets brought in will not work out and Luka will end up with the job.

I believe Luka has already been offered the job by Sandy. She is bringing in a deckhand now.

• Like 2

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I believe Luka has already been offered the job by Sandy. She is bringing in a deckhand now.

Yeah I haven’t watched this latest episode as we save it for our Friday night Cruisin’ with cocktails. That makes a lot of sense. I’m not looking forward to the stew drama. I love Tumi but Natalia is a troublemaker and Kyle is a drama Queen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yeah I haven’t watched this latest episode as we save it for our Friday night Cruisin’ with cocktails. That makes a lot of sense. I’m not looking forward to the stew drama. I love Tumi but Natalia is a troublemaker and Kyle is a drama Queen. 

I agree about the stews. Drama is coming.

• Like 2