Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Thank you!  We made it to SD but because of all the backlog of flights, there is no open gates.  We are waiting for one to open to move the plane to the gate.  Also, we got an email from Royal that due to fog, Radiance could not dock so everything was delayed for an hour.  They asked us to arrive at the terminal one hour later than our check in time.

When approaching landing, we saw out of the window our ship at the dock.  The terminal is very close to the airport.

Please keep us updated. Are you off the plane finally and heading to your cruise.

Yes I'm dismayed over israel too and sending dani wishes to stay safe. Terrorists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO OUR MANY CANADIAN FRIENDS!!!!!!!🍁🍁🍁

Oh, I didn’t realise that Canadians celebrated thanksgiving on a different date.

My son is currently spending a week on Prince Edward Island at a family home.  On arrival, his friend’s  mum gifted him and his 5 friends a large gift bag each, beautifully  individualised, and with Happy Thanksgiving on it. I just assumed she was gifting it to them in advance as they wouldn’t be there for actual thanksgiving.  Now, I know. Thanks you.

Happy Thanksgiving 🇨🇦

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2023 at 12:53 PM, Ocean Boy said:

What did you do in Bermuda? I really like it there and would like to return.

I found a great guide. Millard Lightbourne. He took us everywhere in his very comfortable new van. $50 an hour, and we spent 7 hours. 
Dick saw more than I did because he and Millard traipsed off several times and left me comfortably ensconced in the air conditioned van with my Kindle. 
My days of walking everywhere are gone, but I enjoyed my whole day. 
Bermuda is beautiful. Very clean and prosperous, and no guns allowed!

The beaches are gorgeous, and the colors, water, buildings, etc were a sight gor sore eyes!

We close a private tour because we’re not interested in spending time at the beach any more, and when you live in a condo, shopping means you have to get rid of something to make room!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

@Sea Dog  Thanks for the nightly menus Greg!  Very helpful.  We have the 3 night package as well with Deb and Andy.  Maybe we can combine one of the nights?

@dani negreanu  I can't comprehend what you are feeling and going thru!  I can only pray that the violence stops and that you and your family are safe.  🙏😞

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jmh2006 said:

@Sea Dog  Thanks for the nightly menus Greg!  Very helpful.  We have the 3 night package as well with Deb and Andy.  Maybe we can combine one of the nights?  🙏😞

Sure thing we are eating at Giovanni’s on night 3 at 6:45, Chops on night 4 at 6:45 and back at Giovanni’s on Night 7 at 6:45. I will still need to make reservations once on board. If one of these nights work with you let me know and we can make a large table reservation.

Also I noticed in this weeks app it shows the gangway to open at 7:30am on our Tortola port. The charter company has us down to meet them at 7:30 so when I talk to them as we get closer I will tell them more like 7:45am. All aboard that day is 2:30pm so we might have to adjust what time we leave JVD.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Glad to hear he is doing better.  Does he get fall allergies?  I know the goldenrod is really bad this year.

Eric and I were working in the yard today, raked some leaves and removed plants from my garden except for some hot peppers.  As soon we came inside we were both sneezing repeatedly.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Glad to hear he is doing better.  Does he get fall allergies?  I know the goldenrod is really bad this year.

The goldenrod is just horrible in South Carolina this fall.  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

He seems better, but with him you never know.  We think he had a virus but you never know.  Thanks for asking🥰

Glad he’s feeling better. Hope he gets over it. Lots of stuff out there. My stomach virus seems better but I don’t want to count on it yet. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Raye. So far, we're OK....

I especially appreciate you coming over from Bella's to post this 🙏

Dani, my heart is with you and your country. 
I pray you and your loved ones stay safe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ATG said:

The goldenrod is just horrible in South Carolina this fall.  

So that's what it is, I have been having a very tough fall.  Bought some local honey at the farmers market yesterday, hear it helps, will see.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, akcruz said:

So that's what it is, I have been having a very tough fall.  Bought some local honey at the farmers market yesterday, hear it helps, will see.

I bought some local honey when we went apple picking a few weeks ago.  I kept reading on our local residents page how it makes a difference for allergies.  Not sure if it has worked or not but has tasted really good on my yogurt I have for breakfast. 😄 

• Like 10

@dani negreanu You and your friends and family have been in my prayers.  I always try hard to find a silver lining so I’m at least very glad your grandsons are spared this.

On a humorous note…Minnie was entranced by something I at first couldn’t see.  You need to really zoom in to see the interloper…

IMG_5384.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sure thing we are eating at Giovanni’s on night 3 at 6:45, Chops on night 4 at 6:45 and back at Giovanni’s on Night 7 at 6:45. I will still need to make reservations once on board. If one of these nights work with you let me know and we can make a large table reservation.

Also I noticed in this weeks app it shows the gangway to open at 7:30am on our Tortola port. The charter company has us down to meet them at 7:30 so when I talk to them as we get closer I will tell them more like 7:45am. All aboard that day is 2:30pm so we might have to adjust what time we leave JVD.

I’m happy to learn you are doing better .  We got off the Radiance today after an 8 day cruise from Vancouver to San Diego.  My husband requested a wheelchair in Vancouver and he is glad he did. It saved him a lot of walking.  If you’ve never been to a port you don’t know how far you have to walk.   Good luck with your knee replacement.  

I see you are doing what I did to plan our 3 purchased meals only I picked Chops , Izumi and Samba which were excellent on Radiance .  I’m not a fussy eater however I noticed what was served in WJ to be repetitive. I commented to a woman that the desserts were monotonous and she replied she was okay with it because she didn’t have to cook .  It’s all on a person’s perspective.  

Wishing you and Linda a great cruise. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I’m happy to learn you are doing better .  We got off the Radiance today after an 8 day cruise from Vancouver to San Diego.  My husband requested a wheelchair in Vancouver and he is glad he did. It saved him a lot of walking.  If you’ve never been to a port you don’t know how far you have to walk.   Good luck with your knee replacement.  

I see you are doing what I did to plan our 3 purchased meals only I picked Chops , Izumi and Samba which were excellent on Radiance .  I’m not a fussy eater however I noticed what was served in WJ to be repetitive. I commented to a woman that the desserts were monotonous and she replied she was okay with it because she didn’t have to cook .  It’s all on a person’s perspective.  

Wishing you and Linda a great cruise. 

Thanks Judy. I will be real interested in what the food will be like on Adventure. I must say after looking at the new menus I think I liked the way it was before. Hopefully the specialty restaurants will be good. 

I don’t think I could look at it as at least I don’t have cook. I do expect better. I know it will not be  4 star or Michelin rated but I do want food that’s better than Applebees. Either way I’m sure I will find food and drinks that I will like and the icing on the cake is that I’m on a ship in the Caribbean. It doesn’t get any better than that.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Judy. I will be real interested in what the food will be like on Adventure. I must say after looking at the new menus I think I liked the way it was before. Hopefully the specialty restaurants will be good. 

I don’t think I could look at it as at least I don’t have cook. I do expect better. I know it will not be  4 star or Michelin rated but I do want food that’s better than Applebees. Either way I’m sure I will find food and drinks that I will like and the icing on the cake is that I’m on a ship in the Caribbean. It doesn’t get any better than that.

I’m sure you will find something to eat to your liking . You and we are newly minted diamond members so our first experience in this exclusive club we enter this small area jammed with ugly purple chairs and tables . My husband renamed it the rhinestone club only to find it quite attractive in the evenings when they opened it up .  

Seriously get a wheelchair assist when possible.  His knees only bothered him in the theater because he is 6’2” .  We were upgraded to first class on AA so no problem there and upgraded at the hotel in Vancouver. Lucky us ! 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I’m sure you will find something to eat to your liking . You and we are newly minted diamond members so our first experience in this exclusive club we enter this small area jammed with ugly purple chairs and tables . My husband renamed it the rhinestone club only to find it quite attractive in the evenings when they opened it up .  

Seriously get a wheelchair assist when possible.  His knees only bothered him in the theater because he is 6’2” .  We were upgraded to first class on AA so no problem there and upgraded at the hotel in Vancouver. Lucky us ! 

Im looking forward to going to the Diamond (oops I mean Crown) lounge for happy hour. It will be nice to have a cocktail and some appetizers before dinner.

• Like 2