Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@lenquixote66 Lenny, as others have said, I hope your daughter is doing well, and that you are also doing well.  

Thank you ,I appreciate everyone who posted to me.I am just starting to read everything now.I did not get to sleep till 4AM ,then got up at 6 .I had an OT session,a flu shot and a Parkinsons Support group session.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’ve been M.I.A. since we returned from our Adventure cruise on Saturday.  No particular reason, just busy unpacking, doing laundry and finishing the seasonal clothing switchover which also prompted me to do some closet reorganizing.  I know I’ve missed a lot of birthdays, anniversaries, health news, etc, so Happy, Happy and I hope anyone not feeling well is better soon and/or gets good news. 
@dani negreanu continued thoughts & prayers for you and your family as well as @BonTexasNY Bonnie and Jacks. 

@lenquixote66 hope your daughter is better and you’re doing okay. 
We had only 11 trick or treaters last night, also mostly younger kids. 
I can’t believe it’s November 1st already! Time to start thinking about Christmas shopping 😬

Thank you for your wishes.

We had zero trick or treaters

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hoping you get good news about your daughter.  I echo @Jimbo's post that maybe someone can come stay with you. Can Toby bring your granddaughter to your place?

Both will live down in history and provided all of us with some wonderful chuckles.

My granddaughter was asleep.When Jimbo asked if anyone could stay with me I was in such a panicky state that I totally forgot that Toby has a cousin who is also a retired RN her husband is a retired Firefighter.They live very close to me and they would have definitely come here.

Thanks,Bonnie.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Hi Lenny,

I must've signed off for the night when you posted this as I don't remember seeing it. Hopefully you made it thru the night without too much anxiety & that you daughter is on the mend.

I had the worst panic attack ever.My BP spiked up 30 points.I made my wife promise that she would not drive home in the dark.The last time she drove at night by herself was 2018.I fell asleep at 4AM .She came home shortly thereafter,my son in law drove her .My daughter was waiting to hear from the LI office of a Cardioloogist.My niece who is an MD in Westchester highly recommended the doctor as well as my daughters PCP.

Thank you very much.

• Like 3

To everyone who sent well wishes to my family and I

Your thoughts will never be forgotten,I promise.

My daughter got an appointment with the doctors Manhattan office .He will see her next Tuesday but if she has a reoccurrence with the problems from last night she was told to call his LI office .

• Like 14

19 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I need prayers.My oldest daughter had chest pains.Her heart was racing.Her husband called 911 and went with her in the ambulance to the local hospital.Toby who does not drive at night just drove to stay with my 15 year old granddaughter.I am home alone and I am having. a panic attack.I may not survive this.

Lenny, I just saw this.  I do hope all is well with your daughter.  Very frightening when chest pain is involved.  This was posted 19 hours ago, so I'm hoping you've all had good news.🙏

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I was awake late last night to check in for our December cruise.  Then I woke up to this, this morning. 

IMG_9260.thumb.jpeg.407df89d88e017421e725d3cb7cb1686.jpeg

Hmm, go out and build a snowman or back to bed?   Think I will choose option 2.  It is 28° at 6:30. 

No, no, no!  Not ready for this!

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our pumpkins last night. 

IMG_2261.thumb.jpeg.25d56f329ad40d38e7cff2926b3163d0.jpeg

Our pumpkins this morning. The bottom one says it all. 

IMG_9842.thumb.jpeg.8100c0817935fb755b9d09b6b6e1b826.jpeg

Yuck. 

IMG_2265.thumb.jpeg.efe3a35267333856ad51dc6a46994b86.jpeg

Love the pumpkins, not the snow!

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

We had a sprinkling in my area when I left for work last night, and by the time I got to the hospital it was coming down pretty heavily. Not much stuck, though, because the ground is still on the warm side.  

IMG_20231031_175437373.jpg

Too soon!!

7 hours ago, NHProud said:

A visit to the oral surgeon is on the agenda for today . The bone graft is complete . Now comes the abutment and tooth implant. Not a fan of getting this done . 

I hope you're not hurting too much, Judy.  I had bone implants before my tooth implants done around 10 years ago.  Not fun.🌹

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Unfortunately,Debbie she has a problem with her heart.My father died from a heart attack.I have a congenital heart disorder .She had several tests and had a lot of blood drawn. The Chief Cardiac Resident at the hospital said that she needs to go to a Cardiologist.When she came home this morning she called her PCP who recommended a doctor in Manhattan.She called for an appointment and was told that his earliest opening was February.The doctor also has a LI office .My daughter called and they were supposed to get back to her to see if they can fit her in

I have a wonderful Cardiologist but he is decided to retire He recommended to his patients the names of other doctors in his practice but I do not believe they can compare to him.

As far as me ,I had possibly the worst panic attack of my life last night.

Thanks for your words they are greatly appreciated.

I'm so sorry to hear your dear daughter has a heart problem Lenny and I hope remedial actions can be done to help her and give her a normal life.

After my mild heart attack nearly 4 years ago I had a cardiac stent fitted and medication which has helped me.

Best wishes for your health too Lenny.

• Like 4

@jagsfan Mimi-I read your post about your cruise and health report.I am very glad that you were able to visit Bermuda as my DH and I enjoy it so 

Great idea to arrange a guided tour so you could see so much of that lovely country.

As for getting those health reports. We also get them on our patient portals andI always hesitate to look at them without our family doctor’s input.

They can be informative or concerning, for sure!

Very glad that your Dr had a reassuring report for you and that you are planning another cruise!

@lenquixote66 Lenny-I read your posts from last night and I am so sorry that you went through such a difficult episode.

We worry so much for your loved ones and feel for them when they are ill or facing a difficult situation.

It is only because we love them so much.

Hoping that your daughter gets a reassuring report from the Cardiologist. 
Also hoping that you and Toby have a restful night tonight.

@mo&fran I was very glad to read that you are cruising for quite awhile and that you and your DW are enjoying your vacation.

My continued good wishes for your ongoing recovery You have made very good progress with a most positive  attitude.

@Ozark_Kid You shared good news about the custom wheelchair that is coming your way.

The ramp is excellent.

We installed a ramp in our garage to help my Mom who lived with us and had some mobility issues.

It made it easy for her and us to get her out of the car and roll her wheelchair right up to the door that led into the house. The interior ramp was especially helpful during inclement weather.

Wishing you and your family good days.

@Sea DogGreg-Wishing you a successful outcome of the knee surgery.

That is interesting that your Dr ordered a bike to use for exercise at home after the surgery.

Hoping it aids in a quick recovery for you.

@dani negreanu As others have written, I think of you, your family and friends often.

Hoping that you all stay safe. Wishing that agreements between countries  could be negotiated without so much loss.

I hope it helps, in a small way, to know that many people are thinking of you and praying for a return to normal days where you are with your friends celebrating with a lovely meal. 

For all of you dealing with the “white stuff”. you have my sympathy as it is too soon to see those photos of lovely snowfalls.

It has turned very cold here on Eastern LI with temps going into the 30s tonight.

I am relaxing on the sofa with a fuzzy throw waiting for Jeopardy.

Very cozy at the moment.

Wishing all the posters here good days where you are feeling safe and loved.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Gorgeous shot.

Perfect amount of snow, enough to cover the ground and look pretty but not enough to make the roads a disgusting mess.

It'll probably be gone by lunch time.

Unfortunately the melted snow on the gravel is not so nice.  The storm trooper looks more like a fawn in color. 

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@A&L_Ont Does Lucy become an indoor cat when it snows?

No, but she still gets her nightly snacks at the side door. In a week or two she will get her heated water bowl plugged in, and her bed of shavings fluffed up fully. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I hope you're not hurting too much, Judy.  I had bone implants before my tooth implants done around 10 years ago.  Not fun.🌹

Thank you , Maryann !  Hurting but oxycodone is helping.  That was quite the experience of drilling and hammering going on to insert the pin . It was all pain free due to 3 injections of novacaine . It’s over so grateful for that . The oral surgeon is so nice and that helped a lot. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

What I use is a Widex TV play.

image.thumb.png.baab7d181290e63f85b875706d951533.png

It does not stop others from hearing the TV.  Sharon sets the TV volume to where she needs it.  I adjust my hearing aids to hear the Widex device.  I think this device just works with Widex hearing aids but I bet there Re simular devices.

Thanks.  I'll have to ask my audiologist.  My aids are Phonak.

• Like 2

We haven't had trick or treaters since we moved here.  The community does a trust or treat at our resident center so everyone goes there.  I have participated in that in the past, they usually get at least 150 kids, fun to see them all but nit the same as going door to door.  However since I attemted to golf yesterday along with the lunch after I was done after that.  Fortunately didn't buy the mass of candy so only a few pieces here.

Did get a copy of picture of most of our group from yesterday, this is from about 8:30 when it was barely breaking 60 and windy.  Hard to get everyone with the hats

IMG_20231101_155139.thumb.jpg.d0d1f5ee258e5d0a5f4b01d96a2fe1fd.jpg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

You shared good news about the custom wheelchair that is coming your way.

Thanks!

It is here and I love it.  It already shows I have rode it over 6 miles.  What is real nice is that I can ride it to the garden. 

The only trouble I am having now is finding a carrier to haul it around.   The one we tried this week is not working.   The wheelchair is 430 lb and many carriers have a 350 lb limit.

image.thumb.png.0b9948bffcf6e89b72105c047877cc7c.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3