Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes it completely flabbergasted me. I know he was under stress but still uncalled for.

Thank you Sue.

Thank you Francis. Hope the seas get better.

Thanks Sue!

Best wishes today from us both Greg.

• Like 1

IMG_3688.thumb.jpeg.01a6195d61b9b7f64acb28fbf07f7e42.jpeg

Deva Ju! Hard to believe I was just here almost two years ago for my right knee replacement. Now it’s my other knees turn. Thanks to every for their well wishes. Ready to get this done. I’ll report back when I can.

• Like 28

18 hours ago, George C said:

Also Chapman who now has two World Series rings , although not sure I would want him  . Montgomery was a stupid move for Yankees .

I've always had mixed feelings about Chapman. In his prime, he could routinely throw 100+ mph fastballs consistently, something very few other pitchers can do. He should have been unhitable. For the most part he was but he seem to wilt in high pressure situations. Too many blown save opportunities in big games for the Yanks & Cub too, I think.  Seems like Texas used him more in middle relief roles where the pressure isn't as intense.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

These warm air blankets are the best.IMG_3690.thumb.jpeg.610b205c08a8333fc2ad291fcfa2204e.jpeg

I see you will be taken your phone into the operating room,please by all means take plenty of pictures. Maybe  a stand in taking some photos when you are out. 😉

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, George C said:

Should be a great day in Dallas area for the Texas Rangers parade will be sunny and about 70. I am still a diehard Yankees fan but glad Rangers won there first World Series.

Enjoy the celebrations, we'll deserved by the Texas Rangers, especially winning every game on the road. 

Meanwhile, the New York Rangers won all 5 games on their road trip out west for the first time in team history & came home last night to make it 6 wins in a row. 

Granted, it's still early in the season & there are 5 more months to go but hope this continues. 

20231102_214129.thumb.jpg.49e789ed063f4c37d991420c32b4d2cc.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

We are on our final leg of our B3B on our way to FLL on Adventure.  The seas really picked up and we are bouncing around pretty good. Last cruise with @Sea Dog and others we had similar weather courtesy of Tammy, but the captain changed course and escaped the weather. We'll see what happens later.

We had a surprise delivery yesterday, received a crystal block for 770 days.  Guess we weren't expecting one.  I knew we were close, just not that close. 

I am looking forward to going home this time, I am getting my feeding tube removed on Monday, finally. Food still working OK, but saliva  is not what it was prior to the radiation.

I'll have a lot of Dr appointments coming up, missed a lot of them during cancer treatment, need to get back to normal, especially BP,   which was very low during chemo so I basically cut most of them out.

Sending @Sea Dog wishes for a good outcome for todays surgery.

Best wishes for a wonderful improvement getting back to your previous normal.

16 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Enjoy the celebrations, we'll deserved by the Texas Rangers, especially winning every game on the road. 

Meanwhile, the New York Rangers won all 5 games on their road trip out west for the first time in team history & came home last night to make it 6 wins in a row. 

Granted, it's still early in the season & there are 5 more months to go but hope this continues. 

I've posted this before but I will repeat.  When I first moved to TX I met a gal with a teenage son.  The chat followed:

Her:  My son is so excited to be going to a Rangers game.

Me:  Where are they playing?

She:  Here in Dallas

Me: When do they play home?

She:  They ARE playing home

Me:   Your son must love sports

She:  Oh he does, especially baseball

Me:  How does he like ice hockey

She:  Not so much

Me:  Then why is he excited to go to a Rangers game.

This line of chat went on and on until we both realized we were talking about 2 different sports.  We couldn't stop laughing.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

13 hours ago, Keksie said:

Whew.  I am exhausted.  Fairy lights on tree, charcuterie boards ready,  tents, dance floor, aisle runners up, still to do a million little things.  Reversal dinner big success.  Too much Moscato for me.  Lol. Tomorrow is the big day.  Whew.

Resized_20231102_140450.thumb.jpeg.6c8cf805190f9cda27f470f2fbd5e732.jpegResized_20231102_172854.thumb.jpeg.91537ca7091ea279583c1035a1c79472.jpeg

Much happiness to you all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I have sailed with several famous athletes, one of the nicest was in 1979 on a ten day cruise from New York he is Phil Esposito, he talked to everyone and during a talent show his wife threw a pie in his face . 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Yes, ski season work & accommodation secured.  DS, DD and my nephew will all be working at three different ski resorts in BC this winter. Definitely a popular thing to do in your 20s.

Lucky kids!!  This is the time to go and enjoy these opportunities!  I was 20 when I moved to Ft. Lauderdale with two of my friends, and then began the drive to California.  Good for them all!  What fun!!!

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes it completely flabbergasted me. I know he was under stress but still uncalled for

Wow!  Shame on that Pharmacist!  What nerve he had to talk to you like that, never mind that he refused to assist you.😠  I get it that his hours were over, but still.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Keksie said:

Whew.  I am exhausted.  Fairy lights on tree, charcuterie boards ready,  tents, dance floor, aisle runners up, still to do a million little things.  Reversal dinner big success.  Too much Moscato for me.  Lol. Tomorrow is the big day.  Whew.

Resized_20231102_140450.thumb.jpeg.6c8cf805190f9cda27f470f2fbd5e732.jpegResized_20231102_172854.thumb.jpeg.91537ca7091ea279583c1035a1c79472.jpeg

Congratulations Karen, and to the happy couple!

Your charcuterie looks amazing, and the setting for the Wedding is beautiful!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, NHProud said:

My oral surgeon called me at 8:15 PM last night to check on me .  He told me to call him if I experienced a problem.  That was a nice gesture . 

I woke up this morning at 4:00 thinking of The Marathon Man . 

My cousin Charlie’s late father in law was the Producer of that movie.