Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Jim always said the same thing about shows about Firefighters.  He won't watch them.  Not realistic at all!

In the 1960’s there was a TV show about medical doctors called Breaking Point.One of my former neighbors who had been a doctor was on the set to insure that everything was accurate.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Coralc said:

It is hard to get used to. We lost Gray Kitty almost 2 years ago and then Bobby in September. Bobby became a lot more interactive and talkative after Gray was gone. I swear that I still hear him jumping up on the nightstand in the morning to get us up or see him out of the corner of my eye. 

Joebob wasn’t much of a jumper wife bought a little staircase so he could get into our bed

• Like 10

Charlie is day by day.   He has a lot of issues.  Right now getting his blood pressure regulated is top priority.  We have been dealing with his health problems for thirty years so I guess we should be happy he is still here but it gets very tiring.  Everyday is something it seems.  Thanks for asking.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, George C said:

Thanks everybody for your kind words about Joebob passing, love this thread which is super pet friendly. Totally strange waking up in a house without a cat .

I'm so sorry to hear your news George about Joebob passing.

I have had a problem with my phone and missed 4 days posts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie is day by day.   He has a lot of issues.  Right now getting his blood pressure regulated is top priority.  We have been dealing with his health problems for thirty years so I guess we should be happy he is still here but it gets very tiring.  Everyday is something it seems.  Thanks for asking.

Best wishes for Charlie Marrietta.

Your granddaughter looks lovely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Tomorrow will be an interesting day in my house.

A friend in HS who I last saw on graduation day 62 plus years ago is coming with his wife to visit my wife and I .They are in NY visiting relatives.

Later in the day my granddaughter will be in our house .She is flying in from college for the Thanksgiving holiday and will stop off here on her way home.

Very cool!

On 11/12/2023 at 12:44 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Jade has a bathroom issue too.😐

Ours do too, except Lilo will jump on the sink and give us the stare down until we turn on the sink water. Not sure why since they already have a water fountain type water bowl.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 11/12/2023 at 12:51 PM, dani negreanu said:

DH is still cooking... DS1 asked for some comfort food for the weekly Friday night get together, and DH was happy to oblige with my late mom stuffed cabbage recipe. It was excellent. I've managed to get a pic before DH had a chance to "stage" it....

image.thumb.jpeg.505045acbffe8495785fc5b350921ec3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2066b8d615883fd7512c35f206c3a271.jpeg

Food shopping - luckily, we have a supermarket a few mins walk from our building. Usually, we manage to stop by between air raids, since there is a "cease fire" of at least 30 mins between them. Many products are missing, since, for poultry, many workers were Palestinians coming over daily from the Gaza strip. Moreover, the area which was attacked is agricultural, now a war zone, many products are just wilting in the fields. Prices have risen considerably.

Many of our neighbors have moved with family/friends outside the range of air raids. Others, like our next door neighbors, are all reservists who have been called to duty -- mom, dad + daughters...

This morning DH found a "squatter" on our car, who refused to move... Not until DH started moving very very slowly.

image.thumb.jpeg.5e257f1180ada1e28534b9442d61c2e5.jpeg

Since the number of air raids has slowed down considerably in the last days, I've decided to be brave and went to the hairdresser. My first question was: "where are we going to 'congregate' in the event of an air raid?" "Behind this wall" was the answer... [May be 4 people might fit there securely....]

The saloon was empty. It is on ground floor, and the 1st floor is occupied by the nail lady and the eye brows lady, both of them were not in.

My hairdresser employs 2 helpers, one is doing the washing and phones, and the other minor jobs like fan and coloring. Today, the hairdresser's wife was doing the first job. I asked if Antony has left for another position... The reply shocked and saddened me enormously -- "Antony was killed in the music festival, along with his wife and 5 of his friends"....They left behind a 4 year and 7 year old.

It really hit home, since it is someone I've known for years, a free spirit hippy style guy, always with a smile and a laid back attitude. It is so different from hearing that 1400 people were killed, but, luckily, you don't know personally one of them.

Dani, the cabbage sounds delicious. Sorry to hear about Antony and his family.

On 11/12/2023 at 6:51 PM, Jimbo said:

Here's how we make Stuffed Cabbage 😁

image.thumb.png.778d850ce765f0e7e513f2c4ff83fb2b.png

How does it taste?

On 11/12/2023 at 8:12 PM, taznremmy said:

Yesterday in Honolulu I walked to the Iolani Palace and the statue of King Kamehameha.

IMG_5643.thumb.jpeg.cbb535a1d3a31e6f95d9a1dedba8a209.jpeg

IMG_5644.thumb.jpeg.389ce6b71ccd585a5ea405d929cc7853.jpeg

IMG_5639.thumb.jpeg.b831d2cdd7a7ba63f0b00c8e519bbc3d.jpeg

Unfortunately, the day did not end well for me.

IMG_5654.thumb.jpeg.cfbd900dbd569a884fcc56a7049df32c.jpeg

Fortunately, nothing broken or fractured.  A torn meniscus is the diagnosis.  Not how I planned on spending my time in Hawaii, but I’m very thankful it wasn’t worse.

Tomorrow is Kona, then we head back to SF.

Oh no, sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.

• Thanks 2