Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Nice sunny day at sea , we will have lunch in Chops and dinner in Jamie’s, dinner at Wonderland was interesting but wouldn’t return. Seeing Grease this afternoon then aqua show tonight. Was thinking of booking another suite on harmony for next year but really disliked suite happy hour since there was lots of pinnacles who took all the tables , MSC yacht club we now most likely be cruise #2 for next year. Bills lost a heartbreaker yesterday despite a great game by Josh Allen. Rccl showed both Bills and Chiefs games on tv. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Congrats on the purchase.😉😊😄

Thank you doc. I promise I did not have to sing for it like the girl friend.

I do think this belongs to either Billy Joel or Eric Clapton....someone like that. ☺️But, I'll take it.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 6

On 11/25/2023 at 10:07 PM, Jimbo said:
AIDAaura is a cruise ship, built in 2003 by the German shipyard Aker MTW in Wismar, and operated by AIDA Cruises for twenty years, as was her sister ship AIDAvita. In November 2023 the ship was sold to the Greek cruise line Celestyal Cruises and is expected to re-enter service in 2024 as Celestyal Discovery. Wikipedia

Length: 666′
Construction started: January 11, 2002
Launched: September 7, 2002
Place built: Wismar, Germany
Capacity: 1,266 passengers
Cost: $350 million
Crew: 389

For those who are superstitious (or even kindastitious), this was not an auspicious sign!!!

Edited by brillohead
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, George C said:

Nice sunny day at sea , we will have lunch in Chops and dinner in Jamie’s, dinner at Wonderland was interesting but wouldn’t return. Seeing Grease this afternoon then aqua show tonight. Was thinking of booking another suite on harmony for next year but really disliked suite happy hour since there was lots of pinnacles who took all the tables , MSC yacht club we now most likely be cruise #2 for next year. Bills lost a heartbreaker yesterday despite a great game by Josh Allen. Rccl showed both Bills and Chiefs games on tv. 

We have had similar happen on Oasis class ships out of Port Canaveral, so that is why we avoid sailing from that port now.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2023 at 1:16 AM, harryfat1 said:

Some people get really festive on their holiday door decorations from previous cruises but I don't want to fill up my precious luggage space for that.

I was shocked at the number of people who had full-on door wreaths last year when I was cruising at this time.  I'm guessing that they were Florida residents who drove to the port -- I can't imagine packing that in a suitcase and flying!

• Like 2

On 11/23/2023 at 7:26 PM, A&L_Ont said:

With the new tipping madness this should give you a chuckle.

For those that don’t like their current drugstore, like @Sea Dog, this will make you like them even less. 

I made an online order today (25% off Cyber Monday!), and at checkout I had the option to LEAVE A TIP!!!

I couldn't believe it... a tip for an online order.

• Haha 11

On 11/24/2023 at 10:36 AM, Sea Dog said:

If she has surgery right after Christmas it might take a good 6 months to rehab and would mean we might  have to cancel our April 1st Celebrity Beyond sailing.

Definitely talk to her doctor... while she may not be able to go rock climbing, I can't imagine that she'd be unable to just cruise in general three months after surgery (or the same for you with hernia surgery). 

My orthopedic surgery is aware of my intention, when I have a knee replacement, to do my first month of PT at home, and my second and third month aboard a cruise ship.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That is the truth.  25.99 for December cruise, 28.99 for January cruise, and the going rate for the one in August is 31.99.  Looks like they will continue to raise it, because people can’t disconnect.

DH was looking at pricing for Australia.  $15.99 so pretty good but 7 weeks is over $700.  I said no.  We can live on 4 days per cruise and if we really NEED another day or 2 we can buy it.  We will pay an extra $100 per month to our cell carrier while we are gone so on port days and days in Sydney we will have access as we’re doing a lot of things on our own and will need it.  He will have internet withdrawal.  I do just fine as long as my kindle works. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

I made an online order today (25% off Cyber Monday!), and at checkout I had the option to LEAVE A TIP!!!

I couldn't believe it... a tip for an online order.

There’s a tip line on on-line food delivery.  I also noticed a tip option on Walmart shipping or maybe it’s delivery.  

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Definitely talk to her doctor... while she may not be able to go rock climbing, I can't imagine that she'd be unable to just cruise in general three months after surgery (or the same for you with hernia surgery). 

My orthopedic surgery is aware of my intention, when I have a knee replacement, to do my first month of PT at home, and my second and third month aboard a cruise ship.  

She met with the surgeon today he thinks she would be able to do the cruise. We might need to save back some of the excursions but he thinks it’s doable. My physical therapist thinks otherwise. I am confused.

• Like 7

On 11/26/2023 at 12:37 AM, NHProud said:

Rebooting helps except the time I held the reset button down too long on the modem and erased all of  my TV recordings .  That was very bad Google advice . 

This afternoon it started up again. I called Yahoo. You have to pay to talk to them. 
He had me sign myself in to Yahoo and send myself an email. 
I got the email, so he said it was fixed. 
I had to give info for premium care, $1.99 per month. 
I am receiving emails right now but still can’t send them. 
Got off the phone and tried to email Dick who’s getting the oil changed. Same darn message. User name or password incorrect!!   
I’ve powered down, I’ve deleted the mail icon and reinstalled it. 
I guess I’ll try Apple next!