Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Ski season in BC.  Last year, the season at Silver Star began on the 12 Nov.  Today, Management officially announced that due to lack of snow, the resort will open for the Alpine season on Dec 8 (currently only open for Nordic XC skiing & snowshoeing)

Photos from DD’s early morning flight Portland to Denver.  There was a cat travelling with a passenger in her row….043A6EE0-AA33-4F1E-8FE7-BFCD95BE42E3.thumb.jpeg.793138b43d8fc844c8d9ca7e9b1ac704.jpeg

81D36C1E-2ECB-403D-9732-185F88E8C783.thumb.jpeg.a52febce3995dd91483ede601745af3a.jpeg

8B0DE8B9-1009-4E5C-B521-14AC9F747031.thumb.jpeg.c96259e370bb6e1f918696beef86e9e3.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

With a new router you will need to set it up by creating a password. It can be your same old password but you will need to re connect every device to that new router that uses wi-fi since that new router will have a different IP address. Pretty simple to do

Andy & I thank you for the info Greg.  I think he was hoping it would be a simple ‘plug and play’ transition.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

So....holiday miracle story time. We knew in the back of our minds that someday our kitty Maxx would figure out the dog door in the slider to the back yard of the rental house we're in while our house is being rebuilt, but we have to have it so our dog Stevie can come and go outside.  On October 5th, Maxx finally figured it out and went missing.  

I posted in the FB neighborhood page, had a few "I think we saw a black and white cat" responses, spent days/weeks looking, but nothing.  I guess you never really give up hope, but we gave up hope.

Last night, Andi and I were sitting at the dinner table and heard some meowing.  Not super unusual, since there are a few feral cats around the neighborhood.  Andi went to the back door and sitting at the dog door meowing was Maxx.  Seven weeks later.

He came inside and immediately knew he was home.  No running or hiding.  We put out some water and some of his cat food we had kept in the garage and he wolfed it down like Joey Chestnut at the Nathan's hot dog eating contest.  Tears of joy flowed.  He (and we) barely slept last night but kept going between Andi and me for snuggles and petting pretty much all night long.

He is noticeably skinnier, but no other physical signs of wear and tear.  We sure missed him while he was gone.  Blessed.

Maxxhome112723.jpg.fc231ed8abecbe40dbbb19a4dbd57d7b.jpg

So glad your sweet Maxx returned home safely.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Ski season in BC.  Last year, the season at Silver Star began on the 12 Nov.  Today, Management officially announced that due to lack of snow, the resort will open for the Alpine season on Dec 8 (currently only open for Nordic XC skiing & snowshoeing)

Photos from DD’s early morning flight Portland to Denver.  There was a cat travelling with a passenger in her row….043A6EE0-AA33-4F1E-8FE7-BFCD95BE42E3.thumb.jpeg.793138b43d8fc844c8d9ca7e9b1ac704.jpeg

81D36C1E-2ECB-403D-9732-185F88E8C783.thumb.jpeg.a52febce3995dd91483ede601745af3a.jpeg

8B0DE8B9-1009-4E5C-B521-14AC9F747031.thumb.jpeg.c96259e370bb6e1f918696beef86e9e3.jpeg

I love airplane window views. So beautiful.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jimbo said:

That's the World Cruise Group? I don't think so is it?

FB

21 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No, it's on the main rd, LBI Boulevard.  2 blocks to the beach.

Walleys Carrot Cake was wonderful!  So was their Butternut squash soup.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

This is amazing news. So thankful he returned home.

I do have a suggestion, get a deworming treatment for your cat. After being on the prowl for so long you have no idea of what he was eating. When Lucy returned after being away for almost 3 weeks, a few years ago, she had them.  After a phone call with our vet it was their immediate suggestion. 

Would you consider getting him chipped just in case he goes missing again?  He might never leave your side again, but you never know. 

Give Maxx a rub for me. 

Very good suggestions Andrew, thank you.  We have our dog chipped but I honestly can't remember if we had Maxx chipped.  I would tend to doubt it since he has always been an inside cat.  We may indeed do that now.  We are going to get (in fact, it should be delivered tonight by Amazon) a cat collar with an Apple Air Tag...funny enough I put them on my Christmas list and my wife bought a four pack, so I may bust out the gift early and put it on him tonight.

The dewormer is a great idea.  I've thought of that all day today, what he's been eating and how it's affected his inner workings.  So far he's pooped and peed in his litter box, but we're definitely going to have him checked out soon.  Did you get a prescription from the vet or try an over the counter dewormer like you can get on Amazon?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

So....holiday miracle story time. We knew in the back of our minds that someday our kitty Maxx would figure out the dog door in the slider to the back yard of the rental house we're in while our house is being rebuilt, but we have to have it so our dog Stevie can come and go outside.  On October 5th, Maxx finally figured it out and went missing.  

I posted in the FB neighborhood page, had a few "I think we saw a black and white cat" responses, spent days/weeks looking, but nothing.  I guess you never really give up hope, but we gave up hope.

Last night, Andi and I were sitting at the dinner table and heard some meowing.  Not super unusual, since there are a few feral cats around the neighborhood.  Andi went to the back door and sitting at the dog door meowing was Maxx.  Seven weeks later.

He came inside and immediately knew he was home.  No running or hiding.  We put out some water and some of his cat food we had kept in the garage and he wolfed it down like Joey Chestnut at the Nathan's hot dog eating contest.  Tears of joy flowed.  He (and we) barely slept last night but kept going between Andi and me for snuggles and petting pretty much all night long.

He is noticeably skinnier, but no other physical signs of wear and tear.  We sure missed him while he was gone.  Blessed.

Maxxhome112723.jpg.fc231ed8abecbe40dbbb19a4dbd57d7b.jpg

So happy to hear that Maxx made it back home safe and sound.😊  I know how heart wrenching it is wondering if they are okay.   

He sure does look very happy to be back home.

Hopefully he doesn't use doggy door ever again.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Very good suggestions Andrew, thank you.  We have our dog chipped but I honestly can't remember if we had Maxx chipped.  I would tend to doubt it since he has always been an inside cat.  We may indeed do that now.  We are going to get (in fact, it should be delivered tonight by Amazon) a cat collar with an Apple Air Tag...funny enough I put them on my Christmas list and my wife bought a four pack, so I may bust out the gift early and put it on him tonight.

The dewormer is a great idea.  I've thought of that all day today, what he's been eating and how it's affected his inner workings.  So far he's pooped and peed in his litter box, but we're definitely going to have him checked out soon.  Did you get a prescription from the vet or try an over the counter dewormer like you can get on Amazon?

We just picked it up from our vet, but they do small and large animals.  They didn’t see Lucy they only had to hear about her journey and that I saw a couple of worms. As they said then, outside cats tend to get into a fair amount of things that can help them get worms. Ever since that summer we dose her in the spring and once again later in the season.  I do the secondary treatments.  When we used to have livestock we picked many different types of medications prescribed from phone discussions.  

Not sure if your local vet would be as easy to work with but I think either way of getting it would work. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would check with your vet as to what to look and or test for.  Some of the worms are transmitted by fleas not necessarily by eating things.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I never even heard of YouTube TV. If I can get local stations then I have to look in to this. I'd love to cut the cable cord. Cox just had another price increase.😡

Add me to the list of people who like YouTube TV.  I used to have Cable TV, then moved to Dish and the ATT Uverse, and now YouTube TV for the past 2 years.

You can go to their website and drop in your zip code and it will list all the channels you are eligible to receive for your area.  They typically have all the major networks like ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC/PBS as well as a few other local channels.

YouTube TV gives you around a  week of free trial period to try it out for free.  So if the channel list is acceptable, you can sign up for a one-week trial period to see if you like it.

Screenshot2023-11-28144937.thumb.jpg.f1f4d639281204b65e7e9efa52080c8f.jpg

Besides the advantages others have listed, I also want to point few more in case others are interested:

1 – It’s $73/month out the door.  No taxes or no additional DVR fee or regional sports add-on fee or the “we are greedy and want to charge you more just because we don't like you” fee.  So if you have multiple TVs and want to watch TV at various places, no additional charges setup box in each room.  $73 out the door

2 – My son is in college a few hundred miles away but he can access the same account as ours remotely and he can watch TV there without having to pay for his TV fee.  Especially if he wants to watch the local sports team on TV.  He can’t get that from another region even if he gets TV services down there.  He just needs to come “home” every 3 months to re-set his account to prevent people from sharing the accounts with their brother-in-law living out of state

3 – If you are late for a sports event that you are mildly interested in and don’t want to start from the beginning, there’s a feature that will show you the highlight plays of the game up to where you are so you don’t need to miss anything

4 - If you watch any old series in syndication, YouTube automatically records and sorts them by season by episode so you can watch them in order.  For example, I’m a big Law and Order fan and it’s annoying to watch them live in syndication as they mix up the years but YouTube TV automatically records all the episodes (even from different stations) and drops them in the season order so I can just follow the story season by season similar to Netflix format

Screenshot2023-11-28182746.thumb.jpg.c6b834faa9554dbf65754d56e54f892f.jpg

And no, I don’t work for Google and don’t get any sales commissions…🤪

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

6 hours ago, George C said:

Had a nice lunch in Izumi, wife is going for her massage in a few minutes, then happy hour, followed by ice show followed by chops . Still debating on booking this same cruise in an owners suite or MSc yacht club for next year . Need to do something to celebrate my 75th. On bad thing about grande suite s getting in and out f shower , owners suite has separate shower . WiFi is included in grand suite and above and is working great so far. 

I did a chair massage today. It was very relaxing. Went down to next cruise to get Bella3. 

KH it is coming your way.

Thanks Dani for all the info.

D4 deck 6.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy is calling Jade out to play, now that she got her night time snack. The snow has started, hopefully it will be melted by the weekend. 🤞

IMG_2593.thumb.jpeg.7098957182d7359dbc3af53898cdcf07.jpeg

It looks to me like she is asking to come inside where it is warm.  🔥

• Like 7

1 hour ago, harryfat1 said:

Add me to the list of people who like YouTube TV.  I used to have Cable TV, then moved to Dish and the ATT Uverse, and now YouTube TV for the past 2 years.

You can go to their website and drop in your zip code and it will list all the channels you are eligible to receive for your area.  They typically have all the major networks like ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC/PBS as well as a few other local channels.

YouTube TV gives you around a  week of free trial period to try it out for free.  So if the channel list is acceptable, you can sign up for a one-week trial period to see if you like it.

Screenshot2023-11-28144937.thumb.jpg.f1f4d639281204b65e7e9efa52080c8f.jpg

Besides the advantages others have listed, I also want to point few more in case others are interested:

1 – It’s $73/month out the door.  No taxes or no additional DVR fee or regional sports add-on fee or the “we are greedy and want to charge you more just because we don't like you” fee.  So if you have multiple TVs and want to watch TV at various places, no additional charges setup box in each room.  $73 out the door

2 – My son is in college a few hundred miles away but he can access the same account as ours remotely and he can watch TV there without having to pay for his TV fee.  Especially if he wants to watch the local sports team on TV.  He can’t get that from another region even if he gets TV services down there.  He just needs to come “home” every 3 months to re-set his account to prevent people from sharing the accounts with their brother-in-law living out of state

3 – If you are late for a sports event that you are mildly interested in and don’t want to start from the beginning, there’s a feature that will show you the highlight plays of the game up to where you are so you don’t need to miss anything

4 - If you watch any old series in syndication, YouTube automatically records and sorts them by season by episode so you can watch them in order.  For example, I’m a big Law and Order fan and it’s annoying to watch them live in syndication as they mix up the years but YouTube TV automatically records all the episodes (even from different stations) and drops them in the season order so I can just follow the story season by season similar to Netflix format

Screenshot2023-11-28182746.thumb.jpg.c6b834faa9554dbf65754d56e54f892f.jpg

And no, I don’t work for Google and don’t get any sales commissions…🤪

So you are paying like $73 a month for YouTubeTv, so then what does your internet cost per month?

I put in  our zip code and it says we get 121 channels, so that wouldn't be bad.

I see NFL Network but don't see MLB Network ?

Edited by Jimbo

7 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

The bow is fine, it is that stupid Dutch oven lid over the bow, that makes it fugly.  how does the designer who built that get a job?  

I think that is the dome like thing  is where they will have shows isn't it?

Aquatheater is upfront on this ship, not in the back.

Edited by Jimbo

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So you are paying like $73 a month for YouTubeTv, so then what does your internet cost per month?

I don’t have you Tube TV, but internet is a separate transaction typically.  

I use DirectV Stream, but it is the same only more expensive and I can’t watch my local CBS affiliate because they are in a dispute.  I only stream.  At my house, we have a fiber option, that is 65 a month and can deliver between 300 and 1000 MPS.  At our lake house we are now using T-mobile home internet (50 per month) which is a 5G cellular service that delivers between 100 and 200.  It will be going with us in January, along with my wife’s AT&T cell phone and my Verizon cell phone where she pays $60 a month and I am paying 90.  If when we are in the Airstream I get frustrated, I will buy Starlink for about 600 and another 150 a month (pausible) for the Airstream.  The content is expensive but having the internet provider much more expensive.  Especially if you are like us in the Airstream needing multiple because you want internet when you get to your campsite, and who knows what system works best there.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I don’t have you Tube TV, but internet is a separate transaction typically.  

I use DirectV Stream, but it is the same only more expensive and I can’t watch my local CBS affiliate because they are in a dispute.  I only stream.  At my house, we have a fiber option, that is 65 a month and can deliver between 300 and 1000 MPS.  At our lake house we are now using T-mobile home internet (50 per month) which is a 5G cellular service that delivers between 100 and 200.  It will be going with us in January, along with my wife’s AT&T cell phone and my Verizon cell phone where she pays $60 a month and I am paying 90.  If when we are in the Airstream I get frustrated, I will buy Starlink for about 600 and another 150 a month (pausible) for the Airstream.  The content is expensive but having the internet provider much more expensive.  Especially if you are like us in the Airstream needing multiple because you want internet when you get to your campsite, and who knows what system works best there.  

Right now we have everything with Xfinity

2 cell  phones   $63 total for both

Cable TV and Internet Combo $179.00

Now I'm wondering what we  would pay if we only got internet from Xfinity

and got Youtube Tv  @$73.00

and Kept the phones  @ $63.00

• Like 1