Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Thursday morning, and Susan and I were already talking about canceling our cruise in two weeks, depending on the results.  Thursday afternoon, the call comes. I am glad they prefaced their call with “It’s good news!”  No sign of cancer.

You can’t imagine the weight that was immediately lifted from our shoulders when we heard that news.   I know many of our friends here said a prayer for her and her family over the past couple years, and I thank you all for that.  I guess you could say that this is our Christmas miracle.  

Best news ever!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DeltaOne said:

One of the strange things about YTTV is some changes are better made on a certain device, some changes can only be made on a certain device.  

For example, it's much easier to create a custom channel grid on a computer using a web browser.  It's much easier to mark shows in the library as watched on a smartphone (works okay in a web browser too).  

I'm kind of obsessive with the New Shows in the library.  YTTV is great at recording everything, I spend a few minutes each morning and evening clearing the library of things we've already seen.

Yes, that is the thing my Wife noticed, on Xfinity after you watched a taped show you could delete it right away on the final screen of the taped show. Can't do that on YTTV.

If you are watching a series with lots of shows in one season, can you delete just the one show you all ready seen or does it delete the whole season? on YTTV ?

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@h20skibum Wonderful news regarding your daughter and a big relief.  May she stay cancer free for a very long time.

So happy for your family.  I have been praying from the beginning and will keep doing so.  I have a list of my CC friends and we know from all the prayers Charlie has gotten over the years the prayers work🙏

• Like 10

@h20skibum  Oh Mark, I found I was holding my breath when I began reading about your daughter and all of the stressful days and sleepless nights you all endured this past week.  Not to mention the insurance refusal.  How dare they!  I'm so glad to hear the happy news that she is all good.  Glad also that you will not have to cancel your plans.  You and Susan really need this!  Prayers for her continued good health, with great reports.  I do hope that you will take care of yourself now, Mark!  🙏  🛳️🌴🙏

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

@h20skibum  So happy for that bit of good news Mark!  I was holding my breathe as I was reading it which is only a fraction of the feelings you and your family had last week.  Blessings to you all!

OMG, me too, Jen!  I said the exact same thing to Mark.  So much stress.  They sure need their get-away!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

So happy for your family.  I have been praying from the beginning and will keep doing so.  I have a list of my CC friends and we know from all the prayers Charlie has gotten over the years the prayers work🙏

Amen to that, Marietta!!  I call it my bucket list of prayers for friends.🙏

Btw...great news on your successful trip to AC!!🥰

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We had a wild lightning storm come through on Saturday night. Dad was looking out the kitchen windows to watch the lightning, when he suddenly realised his ladies of the night were flowering again (bit out of focus but gives you an idea of how many he has)

ECAD7F0E-A73C-4FAE-A824-C6E7D281F64D.thumb.jpeg.52644293d2d422e88dbabdc6643bb8da.jpeg

Three more flowered tonight

A42D9A1C-8487-4633-914C-EF56AAB5F26F.thumb.jpeg.f837f3126344921c5c680f15e90088fc.jpeg

Beautiful flowers!!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh dear!  I am so not ready for snow, Graham!  It's pouring rain here in New Jersey, but at least it's not freezing cold.

I hope you and Pauline are having a wonderful day!

Thank you Maryann.

That was the view from our back bedroom window this morning.

We have been home all day and watched a lot of Judge Judy on TV.

I hope you both are having a lovely Sunday.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Maryann.

That was the view from our back bedroom window this morning.

We have been home all day and watched a lot of Judge Judy on TV.

I hope you both are having a lovely Sunday.

Did the burst water freeze before that snow?

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Marrietta.

Prayers 🙏 uplifted for your family.

4fb348aca76f1cc68f2a32675a89a763.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, that is the thing my Wife noticed, on Xfinity after you watched a taped show you could delete it right away on the final screen of the taped show. Can't do that on YTTV.

If you are watching a series with lots of shows in one season, can you delete just the one show you all ready seen or does it delete the whole season? on YTTV ?

YTTV records everything on every channel they carry.  When you add a show to your library it's simply creating a link to the show they've already recorded or will record in the future.  So there's nothing to delete.  But there's also no storage capacity to worry about.  So forget about deleting anything.  All you can do is add or remove shows and movies from your library.

You can mark individual shows, or entire seasons, as being watched.  I often use my smartphone to mark individual shows as being watched.  I've found it easiest to use Safari on my Mac to mark entire seasons as being watched.  I did a bit of marking seasons as being watched in our first few months of YTTV, but haven't done so lately.

BTW, your YTTV watch history is recorded right along with your other Google stuff.  You can log in to your Google account to check your history settings.  If you've never changed them they're most likely fine.  Some new YTTV users see problems with their YTTV history because they've gone in to their Google account and changed the defaults.  For example, some users don't want Google recording the things they search for and they've gone in and changed the defaults.  Then they have trouble with YTTV not working the way they expect.

Edited by DeltaOne
  • Like 2

Just now, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you Graham.  It has been such a privilege getting to know all you Dani friends.  Hope to someday get to meet.❤️

It has been a privilege Marietta getting to know yourself and everyone on Dani's wonderful thread.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

For your dear daughter.

de50ad9aa9c6c6b520faceb3ec4b23bc.gif

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Mark, you brightened my day 🙏

Your daughter and John ( @Ozark_Kid) are always in my thoughts.

As a big bonus, glad ALL your approaching holidays plans are going ahead 😘

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@h20skibum Wonderful news regarding your daughter and a big relief.  May she stay cancer free for a very long time.

3 hours ago, derorim said:

@h20skibum I'm sorry for the stress your family had to endure last week.  It's unfortunate that insurance did not want to pay for the test she needed, but I'm glad you were able to help her with getting it done.  I'm happy to hear the results were good and that everyone can breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy the "Christmas miracle." 

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

What great news Mark!  I'm sure the relief after all of that stress is tremendous.  Enjoy your cruise!

3 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

@h20skibum  So glad to hear the test results had a positive outcome.  Sending continued prayers to your family. 

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

This is amazing news. ❤️

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Wonderful news Mark!  Now you can all truly enjoy the holidays and your upcoming trip. 

2 hours ago, akcruz said:

Woo hoo🎉.  You had me nervous there for a bit, I can imagine how stressful that would be, glad to hear all is good. Enjoy your cruise!

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Wonderful news Mark! I’m so happy for your daughter and your family. My wish is for her to continue to get stronger. And remain cancer free. Thank you for sharing your life with us. We love you!

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is great news. I also find it disgusting that insurance companies leave people hanging in the breeze at times when people need them most. I see this over and over again.

1 hour ago, jmh2006 said:

@h20skibum  So happy for that bit of good news Mark!  I was holding my breathe as I was reading it which is only a fraction of the feelings you and your family had last week.  Blessings to you all!

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Best news ever!

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@h20skibum  Oh Mark, I found I was holding my breath when I began reading about your daughter and all of the stressful days and sleepless nights you all endured this past week.  Not to mention the insurance refusal.  How dare they!  I'm so glad to hear the happy news that she is all good.  Glad also that you will not have to cancel your plans.  You and Susan really need this!  Prayers for her continued good health, with great reports.  I do hope that you will take care of yourself now, Mark!  🙏  🛳️🌴🙏

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

OMG, me too, Jen!  I said the exact same thing to Mark.  So much stress.  They sure need their get-away!

59 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Amen to that, Marietta!!  I call it my bucket list of prayers for friends.🙏

Btw...great news on your successful trip to AC!!🥰

25 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@h20skibum  I’m so happy for your daughter and your family.  What happens to our children happens to us whether it is good news or not so good news.  Enjoy your cruise and the holidays in peace .

J. 

Thank you all for your kind words for our great news.  

So what happens next?  The type of cancer she had, has a history of recurrence.  Cleveland Clinic is in phase 1 clinical trials for a cancer vaccine for the specific type she had.  Since her tests came back good, they have accepted her to participate in the trials. She will receive the first of the three vaccines before Christmas. Since she will be in the trial, they will keep close tabs on her. 

I thought it was strange that the sponsor for the clinical trial is the Department of Defense.  I would have never guessed. 

Their results over the last three are promising. 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Owen has been called up to the rep team, last week and again this weekend. They had 5 players each get a 5 game suspension for a line brawl against another team.  Then the next game they lost a player to a broken collarbone, so they were down from 15 to 9 players. That’s when Owen got the call.  He and Lisa signed a contract to play up, no money😉, but he does get the experience. 

The first game last week they won with 10 players VS a team with 15.  During that game another player got a 3 game suspension for a high hit.  They were leading 4-0, and a play that was just dumb. He literally played for his team, then the ice was cleaned and less than 10 minutes later he was playing for the rep team.  Owen got an assist in that game.  I will add this is the team that we, and others thought he should have made.  Those others are kids and parents that are on the team.  After these games parents have said, why isn’t Owen on our team and we just shrug our shoulders. A few of the parents have kids on both the rep and Owen’s actual team. We have no answer and yet he fits right in. 🤷‍♂️

As it stands he has already been asked to play for them on Wednesday night, and in a tournament on Friday.  After that all but two of the players will be back, so they will no longer need his help. It is good experience, and we have also said to Owen that it shows the head coach that he made the wrong decision in September.

Last night he had 2 hours between games, but we had to drive 1 hour and 10 minutes from one arena to the next one. We left home at 4:40 and didn’t get home until just after midnight. He won with the rep team first and then lost 3-0 with his team. Owen had more energy than his own team, after playing in a game where he had to double shift hours before.

Celebrating the rep win yesterday.  They scored 2 goals in the last 1:20 seconds to tie it up and then win. 10 players VS 15.  They beat the second placed team, and their team is the 5th placed team out of 13 in the division. They played great. 

IMG_2609.thumb.jpeg.f494d8499ae90cfbef13d01d7f2a1800.jpeg

Lisa and I had dinner from the cantina at the arena before the first game started. I had cashew chicken stir fry and Lisa had chicken satay and a salad. Have to love when arena food goes from Thai food to arena classics of burgers and fries. 

IMG_2599.thumb.jpeg.7a1edf7f6f3c441f2a2782141f28547b.jpeg

IMG_2601.thumb.jpeg.d3ac78bf602b97d06694978f7c95cc76.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 28

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

As @DeltaOne pointed out, you need to change how you think about stored shows, since there's nothing to delete.  YTTV is pretty good at automatically marking a show as watched but there are a couple of situations that have tripped us up a bit:

1. If you stop watching a show when there's still a few minutes of commercials and maybe previews for the next week, YTTV may not think that you're done watching and won't change the show's status to watched.  Edit: To help with this, I'm now in the habit of fast forwarding all the way to the end when I'm done watching.  

2. If someone else using your account watches the show before you do, it will be marked as watched and therefore won't appear in the "New in your library" area. This happens to us for shows like Survivor that our daughter and SIL may watch before we get a chance.  When it first happened, we thought YTTV had somehow missed recording it.  If this happens, just go to the "Most watched" or "Shows" section of the library to find and watch the show.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The type of cancer she had, has a history of recurrence.

Excellent news that she was accepted into the trial and will be under constant (and free) follow up.

Any chance she can dispute with her insurance the non-covered Cleveland Clinic tests?

• Like 12

This morning’s fun for Lisa and I is laundry, along with sweaty hockey gear.  Meanwhile Owen is doing school work. 

We did take a break for our first Dukoral dose in preparation for Mexico after Christmas. From reading on the AI’s unofficial group FB page it is not a bad idea to take. Who wants to suffer the consequences.  Never took it for a cruise but Lisa thought it would not be a bad idea to take for a week long vacation. 

IMG_2611.thumb.jpeg.ef667ebdc41940938f041d89f5463a7d.jpeg

Also seen on their FB page, pool side lunches and these photos were from one this week. Caribbean Lobster anyone?  I’m looking forward to this week away. 

IMG_2605.thumb.jpeg.20f661ee8205ac59b0c541705e4a6c22.jpeg

Beef and chicken. 

IMG_2606.thumb.jpeg.b0df1d7feb3ee1152537ac2803490c01.jpeg

Paella.

IMG_2604.thumb.jpeg.d56d77d1d26ccfd570eb294130a7c894.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 24

29 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Excellent news that she was accepted into the trial and will be under constant (and free) follow up.

Any chance she can dispute with her insurance the non-covered Cleveland Clinic tests?

@h20skibumAnother option, if your daughter's insurance doesn't provide a satisfactory explanation for the denial, is file a complaint with her state's dept of health and dept of insurance regulation. Sometimes these insurance companies are just to exasperating to deal with on your own.

One time an insurance company sent a letter saying that in their provider directory they were going to list provider social security numbers. I call them to see if this was a mistake. They said it was true. My next call was to the state attorney general's office. I explained the situation, faxed a copy of the letter, and within one hour was notified that it was all a mistake and this would not be happening.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1