Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

So, his wish was to do the Riverboat Postman Cruise on the Hawkesbury River and see where he paddled.  

What a delightful thing to do with your dad.  It's interesting how they combined the necessity of postal service with the charm of a boat cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@aussielozzie18  What a fun outing you had with your dad.  

It has me thinking if the post river boat in our area offers something similar.   We are very close to the Detroit River which runs between Detroit, Michigan USA and Windsor, Ontario Canada.  

This river is used mostly by freighters.  However, I know there is a postal boat that delivers the mail to the freighters as they pass through the river.  I’m going to have to do some investigating.  

Thanks for the wonderful photos. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Reason I have never been to Bali, I have no interest in getting ‘Bali Belly’ seems a rite of passage if you travel there.

😁LOL! Try to stay away from Bombay Belly too. Bali was very polite in comparison to the other one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, dbancroft said:

My oldest Daughter just told me today that Matt Yee passed away they loved his shows in the Schooner bar.

I saw it on FB too.  Loved his shows too.  From following him on FB he had been fighting cancer for a few years. Heaven will be ringing with chants of Oi Oi Oi, and sing alongs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

Have you looked into Google Fi for cellular service?

I switched to them from Verizon last year and I'm only paying ~$35/month including fees and taxes. (I don't use a lot of data, as I have wifi at home and at work, so that plan works well for me.)

Looking at it now, we would probably need Simply Unlimited for 2 phones ($80 per  month).

Paying  extra $10 per GB for data  in Flexible plan would really jack up our cost per month.

What does 5 GB of hotspot tethering mean?

Looks like Google Fi uses Tmobile towers.

Edited by Jimbo

38 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

@aussielozzie18  What a fun outing you had with your dad.  

It has me thinking if the post river boat in our area offers something similar.   We are very close to the Detroit River which runs between Detroit, Michigan USA and Windsor, Ontario Canada.  

This river is used mostly by freighters.  However, I know there is a postal boat that delivers the mail to the freighters as they pass through the river.  I’m going to have to do some investigating.  

Thanks for the wonderful photos. 

You are 100% correct. Here is a quick video about it. I got into watching some of their videos a few years ago. 

Here is a longer video if interested. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Looking at it now, we would probably need Simply Unlimited for 2 phones ($80 per  month).

Paying  extra $10 per GB for data  in Flexible plan would really jack up our cost per month.

What does 5 GB of hotspot tethering mean?

Looks like Google Fi uses Tmobile towers.

The plan you choose really depends on how you use it.  Like I said, I have minimal data usage because most of the time I'm on wifi.  I was really impressed with the fact that they prorate the data -- I figured you'd have to pay $10 for each partial GB used, but if I only use .66GB, they charge me $6.60. 

The most I've used so far has been 2.25GB in one month, and that was when I traveled to AL for my family reunion, so I was using cellular data a lot more while I was down there.  My bill that month was $47.13.  Most of the rest have been $31-$33 per month.  

Tethering is when you use your phone as the wifi for another device, like a laptop or tablet.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2023 at 12:49 PM, Tree_skier said:

Top 5 greatest Christmas movies that must be watched each year... 

5. Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer (1964)

4. Frosty the Snowman (1969)

3. How the Grinch stole Christmas. (1966)

2. A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)

< insert drum roll here>

1. Die Hard. (1988)

406401785_829560572507436_4263031729688941417_n (1).jpg

• Haha 10

58 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

@h20skibum

Mark and Susan. 
GREAT NEWS. 

Continued prayers. 

❤️

Thank you Sue.  Congratulations on that Miami win. 

You know you put that motorhome away to early.  Campground is open year round here, and I still see a lot camping. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

Our friends just called us this evening to tell us that. He had liver cancer, for about 11 months. We loved Matt Yee and spent some time with him. Our friends spent more time with him and his partner. That is very sad. He was such a great guy, and so funny, friendly and entertaining. He will be sorely missed. One of the best Schooner Bar and comedy show entertainers ever! 😌

That’s sad. I don’t think I ever had the opportunity to hear him. I would have liked to to see him play and sing.

• Like 1