Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The surgeon thought she could go but my therapist who also does rotator cuff surgery rehabs says no way will she be ready. Also I need to get this hernia fixed and usually you can’t lift anything heavy for 8 weeks and I can’t schedule surgery till after 3 months of my knee replacement which would put surgery around mid February. That would be cutting it close.

Wise decision,Greg.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Most of our cruises on X where Sky Suites. When I saw all of the extras you get with that now, I said wow. All we had was a butler, and I never figured out to do with him.  He did bring treats everyday. 

All of our celebrity cruises were also suites , they recently removed the butler from  sky suites but I don’t think that’s a big deal , love there suite restaurants and lounges way better than rccl , there outdoor area on Edge class has private pool and bar for suite guests. MSc yacht club is very similar, suite restaurants, and lounge with live music and private pool for suite guests.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

All of our celebrity cruises were also suites , they recently removed the butler from  sky suites but I don’t think that’s a big deal , love there suite restaurants and lounges way better than rccl , there outdoor area on Edge class has private pool and bar for suite guests. MSc yacht club is very similar, suite restaurants, and lounge with live music and private pool for suite guests.

The older ships did have a lounge , but we didn't have access.  No special area for the suites , That cane with the next generation of ships. We did 4 TA cruises on X, 3 on M class, and 1 on Century. We did turn Elite on the last cruise, we never cruised as Elite, just converted it to Diamond and came to  Royal.

• Like 3

We are way behind some of you in putting up Christmas decorations. Tonight I put a few ornaments on the tree. This musical one always makes us smile. Andy used to own a Buick Grand National with a license plate BBBBAAD. He said he could see in his rear view mirror people in the car behind him moving their lips when they read it. 

IMG_8758.thumb.jpg.350d79801dbbb9b289244e2e19a4dcf2.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

@Sea Dog

Sorry to hear you guys had to cancel, health takes precedent all day long, but still must have been tough. 

As you say there are plenty more cruises booked and future cruise opportunities 

Wishing you and Linda well with surgeries and recoveries 🙏🏻

Nancy & Grant 

Thank you! That’s the way we are looking at it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

A couple of things.

Happy Birthday wishes to all those having birthdays coming up. 

As far as the comments on Live reviews I am not going to respond as to say a lot of us work hard in time to provide readers of this forum our experiences out at sea on a ship. We can’t control all the other comments and side chatter that people including those here post. I would hope that people would respect the original poster’s intention and not turn a live review into a free for all.

Sad to report that Linda and I have cancelled our April 1st Beyond 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise. We angonized over it but feel with Linda’s shoulder surgery on December 26th and me scheduling a hernia surgery will not give us enough time in rehab to really do this physically. It’s not like we don’t have cruises coming up. Navigator in October, Bella 2, Bella 2.5 in February of 2025 and Bella 3 in January of 2026. We will try again and book Beyond but I’m sure the prices will be more expensive by then. Oh well.

Sorry to hear that Greg.  But as I always say to myself and Andi when we are faced with those decisions...the Caribbean will always be there, your (and Linda's) health may not be...and good for you for making that the priority.  We'll raise more than one OF toast to your new knees and everything else health-wise on Bella 2, 2.5, and 3!!!

• Like 5

Just now, Husky1987 said:

Sorry to hear that Greg.  But as I always say to myself and Andi when we are faced with those decisions...the Caribbean will always be there, your (and Linda's) health may not be...and good for you for making that the priority.  We'll raise more than one OF toast to your new knees and everything else health-wise on Bella 2, 2.5, and 3!!!

Absolutely. I figure skipping a cruise will help get my liver in shape too. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

So the end of 2023 is quickly approaching. Earlier this year my family doctor reminded me it was time for my 10 year colonoscopy. 

At that time, I said no problem I would schedule and have it done before the years out.  Well it’s time. 

So, after I had the procedure  scheduled for December 11, my daughter put my granddaughters first birthday party on for that Saturday.  December 9.  

Now, to keep the effects of the prep from being a vast explosion of by-products, I start the liquid diet for 2 days  instead of 1. 

So while guest are enjoying 

chicken stir fry

cheesy potatoes 

pasta and meatballs

pepperoni sandwiches 

nachos with cheese sauce

cake

ice cream 

I will be enjoying black decaf coffee and green jello. 

So once we get home on Sunday afternoon it begins. 

I  already bought a book and as always:

It is what it is. 

I am only asking for prayers for a healthy report. 

Be safe. 

• Like 21

41 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

@Sea Dog Greg, sorry to read that you had to cancel Beyond, but better to be healed and able to enjoy a cruise.

Thank you Mark!

33 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I think Maxx is getting better…back to trying to steal Stevie’s dinner.  🤣

IMG_4523.thumb.jpeg.66e4ddccb71e03e26d503a1d4f7e0831.jpeg

Great news!

19 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

@Sea Dog

How frustrated you must be canceling a cruise.  
But you as well as Linda’s health is a priority,  As you well know and acted upon.  

Here’s hoping when surgeries occur for a quick safe healing rehab phase. 

Take care. 

Thank you Sue!

• Like 1

Well, it's that time of year again!  Our Fire Department just drove their Fire Truck bedecked with Christmas Lights, playing Christmas music, followed by Santa waving and saying Ho Ho Ho.    I sure do love this Town!🎄🎄❤️

• Like 12

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Never a good sign when after making an online booking and the cruise line (Virgin Voyages) has taken full payment  from your bank account - you don’t get a confirmation email.  Instead,  you get “this is your last payment warning” email and “you need to pay xxx immediately”.  Spent  all day on hold trying to reach them via phone to no avail.  Stayed awake tonight  to call them at midnight my time and they could not  find the booking - despite repeatedly spelling my name, stating booking number & cabin number listed on warning notice. After 30mins of searching, they finally find the booking.  Phew!  

Yikes! I’m glad we didn’t have that experience.  We will be giving Scarlet Lady a try in February.  🤞🏻

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Next step is a midnight call to tech to fix app issues…Hope you enjoy Scarlet Lady.

The app is definitely sub-par even when operating properly in my experience so far.  Hopefully once you get that straightened out it will all be smooth sailing from there on.  Sorry for the bad pun.  😂  Cheers 🍻 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1