Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

We've been having heavy rain and wind since this afternoon.  We got our tree late morning, and got it into the house just before the sky opened up.

Jim has a doctor's appointment tomorrow on Staten Island, and according to the weather app on my phone, the rain should be stopping here and on Staten Island around the time he'll be leaving here, thank goodness!

Rain is expected to stop here at 9:30 tomorrow morning but there are still heavy winds expected.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I’m dreading turning 65. I barely understand my medical now. Through Medicare into the mix and I’m in trouble. 

I am currently in the sign up period, with impending retirement at the end of the month.  I am reminded of the great RR words.  There is nothing more terrifying than hearing … “ I am from the government and I am here to help you.  What a clown show.  

It is clearly a system set up to make sure you know that no matter how successful you have been in life they are here to make sure you don’t think you are special.  

You are mine now!  

That is my feeling about the experience….  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

When you cruise to the Far North Queensland, to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef, one of the ports listed is Willis Island.  It’s a remote weather station about 50km off Cairns.  You don’t stop there but you slowly Cruise past & a crew member will chat with one of the four scientists who permanently live on the island.  

Yesterday, those four scientists were evacuated by helicopter as Cyclone Jasper is bearing down on the area.

• Like 7

On 12/9/2023 at 5:10 PM, voyager70 said:

Hate to ask but is a she-wee the Aussie version of a porta potty?

On 12/9/2023 at 5:21 PM, Coralc said:

Diaper. No port-a-potties in the pen. 

A she-wee is a device that allows someone with female private parts to go "number one" while standing up like a guy.  There are a few different designs/brands, but the basic premise is the same -- an "extender" that gets inserted through the fly of your pants.  

It is NOT a diaper, just gives gals a way to "spell their name in the snow" like guys can.

• Haha 9

On 12/7/2023 at 10:21 AM, Keksie said:

Lately it is so hard to not post but it is the Holidays and I don't want to play Monopoly.  Sigh.  Therefore, I am going to make a couple different cookies for the tractor party tomorrow and put together a white elephant gift for my yarn party Sunday.  

On 12/7/2023 at 10:49 AM, Ocean Boy said:

But you know I love lighthouses.

I just KNEW someone was gonna mention lighthouses.... those darn things are gonna live FOREVER on this thread!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 12/8/2023 at 6:39 PM, jagsfan said:

My younger brother had a bad case of chicken pox. I was at least 13 or 14 and remember it clearly. 
My other brother and I never caught it. 
3 years ago, after a friend went through hell with shingles, I asked my primary about getting Shingrex.
He tested Dick and me and we both had the virus in our systems. 
Neither  of us has any recollection of having chickenpox. 

That's why my doc insisted on testing me.... he figured I had it when I was too young to remember having it, because it was VERY rare for someone born before 1990 to not have gotten chicken pox in childhood.  It's an EXTREMELY contagious disease that spreads like a wildfire in California.  

He was shocked that I was correct and had never been exposed to the virus!

• Like 2

On 12/6/2023 at 3:11 PM, bobmacliberty said:

I'd go for it if you're at all thinking of doing so.  Don't feel pressured to post on any frequency or with any specific content.  If you feel like it's too much after a few days, just stop.  Do what works for you. It's your vacation.

From personal experience, live reviews can definitely take a fair amount of time, especially if you want the content to be well edited/polished.  It's sometimes easier just to treat it like a journal where you dump thoughts from your brain into words, with accompanying pictures as you see fit.  No matter what you do, someone will complain, but many more people will recognize that you're on vacation and appreciate your efforts.

That's why I loved doing the co-author thing with @Ozark_Kid... I didn't feel obligated to post something regularly, because I knew he'd be posting as well.  

I don't think I'd enjoy doing a Live Thread all on my own, especially with how slow the internet can be once in a while on board!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

That's why I loved doing the co-author thing with @Ozark_Kid... I didn't feel obligated to post something regularly, because I knew he'd be posting as well.  

I don't think I'd enjoy doing a Live Thread all on my own, especially with how slow the internet can be once in a while on board!

Try Odyssey, the internet is very good.

During one sailing on Adventure several if us were posting on the same thread. It was fun!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

It is so warm outside and we can’t even enjoy it🥴

Saturday was really nice.  60 and sunny skies.  We picked up our tree.  We bought a 7.5' Douglas fir for $70.   

Eric bought a Tree Genie stand on a black friday sale.   It worked great!  Made the job of setting up the tree so much easier than a traditional tree stand.   

Eric will hang tree lights today.  He likes to give the tree a day to settle in or as I call it watch football.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We've been having heavy rain and wind since this afternoon.  We got our tree late morning, and got it into the house just before the sky opened up.

Jim has a doctor's appointment tomorrow on Staten Island, and according to the weather app on my phone, the rain should be stopping here and on Staten Island around the time he'll be leaving here, thank goodness!

Best wishes to Jim at his Dr appt.😊

• Thanks 1

Check your Amazon accounts.   

People on my next door neighbor app are posting to check shipping addresses on their Amazon accounts.

A lot of people are noticing strange / unknown addresses being added to their accounts.

Checked ours last night and nothing added but will definitely keep an eye on it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

16 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Never heard of this mansion but familiar with Stetson hats.  Love the places we discover via posts on Dani’s thread.  Hope you enjoyed the tour.

That and the surrounding 300 + acres belonged to Mr Stetson (the hat guy). Has a new owner now and the mansion is decorated and open for Christmas tours. I really enjoyed it. Was not allowed to take pictures inside.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is sunny and 7°C here at 11.47am.

I was out early to see a customer and then relaxed looking at the North Sea.

I hope everyone is safe and well 

IMG_20231211_091853.jpg

Always enjoy your beautiful sea pics Graham. Can’t get over how green the grass is this time of the year. Hope you and Pauline have a wonderful day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First snow of this Winter last Night. Just a dusting. 31 degrees presently.

20231211_083829.jpg

You can see the higher up the mountain where the temperature is colder the snow and ice is still clinging to the tops of the trees. Even prettier in person.

20231211_083837.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 15

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hope Jim's doctor appointment goes well.   Hope the weather cooperates for you.

I saw your post about heading to Florida on the 27th.  Do you go for the whole winter season?  If so what part of Florida to stay?   We are thinking of eventually getting a place down there when Doug retires (hopefully next year) and am starting to look into some Florida locations.   Thanks for any input. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Hope Jim's doctor appointment goes well.   Hope the weather cooperates for you.

I saw your post about heading to Florida on the 27th.  Do you go for the whole winter season?  If so what part of Florida to stay?   We are thinking of eventually getting a place down there when Doug retires (hopefully next year) and am starting to look into some Florida locations.   Thanks for any input. 

Near to me  so we can meet up for a cup of coffee is the BEST location!!!!! 😉😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 1