Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

42 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Glad you are ok, nobody was hurt, the car is driveable with no serious damage. 

Depending on the car, brace yourself for the price of a mirror. I spent $1,200 on one, installed. Granted, it's one of those high tech mirrors with Blind Spot monitoring, heated & dim-able, built in turn signal and folds when you lock the car. Still, that's a far cry from the $20 "sport" mirrors I used to buy at Sears Auto Stores in the 1980's & bolt onto the car myself.

Now I sound elderly. 😄

Yup, my mirror does a bunch of stuff too (except it doesn't disappear as you are sliding down a big hill into a mailbox).    James Bond probably has one of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup, my mirror does a bunch of stuff too (except it doesn't disappear as you are sliding down a big hill into a mailbox).    James Bond probably has one of them. 

I am glad you weren’t hurt but I would at least report it to the police so they aren’t investigating a hit and run. The homeowner could have contacted them since you didn’t leave a note. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Sunshine3601 Debbie sorry about your car, but so glad you weren’t hurt!  That must’ve been a heart pounding several seconds as you were sliding.  

@Sea Dog best wishes for your surgery tomorrow and an easy recovery.  You’ll be home watching the Chiefs parade before you know it.  

We ended up with about 10 inches of heavy, wet snow from today’s storm.  It sure looked pretty coming down today, but I’d be fine if it all melted tomorrow (it won’t)!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Well it looks like I have a new 2nd condo near PC. I have a buyer here with 2 small kids she wants to start the new school year in the school here. My condo I own is rented until sept 1st. Plus i think it's not as big as i now want. When i used to live in boca Raton before i moved back to texas i had more visitors than usual lmao. And i just wanted BIG. 

Under contract to buy new condo. Over 2k sf. Huge for a one level condo, no stairs. Huge balcony off 3 rooms. I dont own any balcony furniture but I'm hoping for a close by furniture store. All I've seen is walmart lol. Gotta be something there. Moving in blind, people ask havent you even checked for doctors there and stuff. Just assuming they got doctors and stores I need there besides publix and walmart. 

Closing there in a couple of weeks, but not moving until may 20th. I have mariner 7 day first cruise out of Galveston booked and paid for, then driving home and assuming a mover can pack me up and move me in. May 6 to may 13. Hiring packing and moving out, not doing it myself. Though I will start sorting and throwing out. 

Clearly I need some balcony furniture lol. 7.75 miles from the port my cousin says google maps. Hes Mr. IT. Still within close uber reach. Pool tennis/pickleball courts, library. Maybe I need to learn pickle ball. Close walking trails and lake to walk around. Need to get in shape is my plan this year. Oh and its Penthouse top level. Not sure I can see fish from that high, maybe birds? 

20240205_163430060.jpeg

• Like 24

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sunshine3601 Debbie sorry about your car, but so glad you weren’t hurt!  That must’ve been a heart pounding several seconds as you were sliding.  

@Sea Dog best wishes for your surgery tomorrow and an easy recovery.  You’ll be home watching the Chiefs parade before you know it.  

We ended up with about 10 inches of heavy, wet snow from today’s storm.  It sure looked pretty coming down today, but I’d be fine if it all melted tomorrow (it won’t)!

Thank you Deb. Hopefully the snow will end and it will be the last one of the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It is heavy & wet. About 12-13 inches was the final total.  Temps for the 5 days are mid-to-high 30's daytime & mid-20 night time but with the longer days & stronger sun, most of it might be gone by next week.  We won't be seeing 40's until middle of next week.

You beat us.  We had 9.5 to 10 inches come down in 5 to 5.5 hrs.   

Did you start with freezing rain/sleet like us?   We had that for about 1/2 hr before change to snow.   

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Deb. Hopefully the snow will end and it will be the last one of the season.

Good luck in your surgery. Hope the last one and you are done.

Wanted to wish you good luck but not bury it in my moving news.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am glad you weren’t hurt but I would at least report it to the police so they aren’t investigating a hit and run. The homeowner could have contacted them since you didn’t leave a note. 

Oh I didn't think of calling the police.   Not sure police would even investigate a hit and run for a mailbox on that hill during a snowstorm. 

It is notorious for people having trouble maneuvering.   

Not only is it a big mountain but it is a narrow winding country road.   

My office is at the very top of the mountain.   

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well it looks like I have a new 2nd condo near PC. I have a buyer here with 2 small kids she wants to start the new school year in the school here. My condo I own is rented until sept 1st. Plus i think it's not as big as i now want. When i used to live in boca Raton before i moved back to texas i had more visitors than usual lmao. And i just wanted BIG. 

Under contract to buy new condo. Over 2k sf. Huge for a one level condo, no stairs. Huge balcony off 3 rooms. I dont own any balcony furniture but I'm hoping for a close by furniture store. All I've seen is walmart lol. Gotta be something there. Moving in blind, people ask havent you even checked for doctors there and stuff. Just assuming they got doctors and stores I need there besides publix and walmart. 

Closing there in a couple of weeks, but not moving until may 20th. I have mariner 7 day first cruise out of Galveston booked and paid for, then driving home and assuming a mover can pack me up and move me in. May 6 to may 13. Hiring packing and moving out, not doing it myself. Though I will start sorting and throwing out. 

Clearly I need some balcony furniture lol. 7.75 miles from the port my cousin says google maps. Hes Mr. IT. Still within close uber reach. Pool tennis/pickleball courts, library. Maybe I need to learn pickle ball. Close walking trails and lake to walk around. Need to get in shape is my plan this year. Oh and its Penthouse top level. Not sure I can see fish from that high, maybe birds? 

20240205_163430060.jpeg

Beautiful view.   I'm sure you will find some patio furniture.  Is that all glass or screened?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Happy Mardi Gras everyone!  Tonight is pancakes for dinner for Shrove Tuesday.🥞

To you as well. We just finished off our pancakes here, as a bit of snow is falling. Mmmm, maple syrup.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

20240205_163430060.jpeg

Congratulations on your new condo purchase. With this new unit do you think you will sell your other place or look for new tenants when the current ones move out?

Sounds like you have some exciting days in the months to come. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh I didn't think of calling the police.   Not sure police would even investigate a hit and run for a mailbox on that hill during a snowstorm. 

It is notorious for people having trouble maneuvering.   

Not only is it a big mountain but it is a narrow winding country road.   

My office is at the very top of the mountain.   

It is more just a CYA just in case the homeowner is upset.  With all the Ring cameras these days, someone likely saw it happen.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great sense of humor, Debbie!  I'm so glad that you were uninjured.  It could've been a lot worse!🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful view.   I'm sure you will find some patio furniture.  Is that all glass or screened?

It's both glass windows and screened and all the windows have electric hurricane shutters. My oceanfront is older and has those sticks you need to put in a hole and turn to close hurricane shutters the windows, though the balcony has electric hurricane shutters. This bldg is 30 years newer. 

Dates set, just have to make it happen now. I saved a post from someone who moved who recommended a mover. My 14 day inspection ends tonight at midnight, so no backing out. Hired a inspector and needs a new water heater, we asked sellers to pay for it. They called asking size. So they might agree, but not backing out over a water heater. Had to get someone to go over and get a estimate, then write up addendum. So my request for seller to pay came in kinda late. Sounds like maybe? We close march 4, so very soon. I nailed it down before signing to sell my house here. Paid new HOA to join. But we are down to minor details. It's a go. 

I've kept this post saved all this time about moving lol. 

20240213_172822799.jpeg

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Wanted to wish you good luck but not bury it in my moving news.

Jane, Congratulations on your new Condo.  Your Linaii is massive!  Big enough to host your CC friends!!!!  I wish you much happiness in your new home, come May.  Not to worry about Doctors.  I've been fortunate to have found a great doctor or two here in Naples, you'll find yours in PC

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congratulations on your new condo purchase. With this new unit do you think you will sell your other place or look for new tenants when the current ones move out?

Sounds like you have some exciting days in the months to come. 

Idk the condo market there is very soft. John sold perfect time imo. The HOAs are going up like crazy. Since that ft Lauderdale disaster every condo 3 stories and more has to have more $$$ in HOA and inspections are by a higher certified whomever. My HOA there went from $475 to $680. The one I'm buying I think advertised $601 and I told my realtor to dig and new board agreed to $741. Not happy but I dont feel it's safe to leave a single family home for a long time to cruise. I want to lock a door and leave as long as I want. Condo is the only option. 

The current renters have rented for will be 3 years. I wouldn't raise the rent and I suspect they might renew a 4th year. Covers my fixed costs. A agency is handling the rental, not me. I was going to give them notice, but I now think I just want more space. I have stuff! I'm a pack rat. I'm not losing by holding it. It's not going up in value but not losing either, per zillow whom my realtor thinks ignore. It went up when I bought but now not gaining in value. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

It is more just a CYA just in case the homeowner is upset.  With all the Ring cameras these days, someone likely saw it happen.  

I work for a security company and we also install video surveillance cameras for many residences and businesses including police departments in PA and NJ.   So yes, I am very aware that we are always on video no matter where we are.   

Most of our cameras (except some for our high profile clients) our service department can access the video recordings and give to police when a report is filed.    

I'm hoping I am on video to watch my slide.

I will definitely leave my note in their mailbox tomorrow morning at 730 am.  I already have wrote and placed in envelope to deliver.   

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

20240205_163430060.jpeg

Wow sounds great. Maybe you need roommates 🤓

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk the condo market there is very soft. John sold perfect time imo. The HOAs are going up like crazy. Since that ft Lauderdale disaster every condo 3 stories and more has to have more $$$ in HOA and inspections are by a higher certified whomever. My HOA there went from $475 to $680. The one I'm buying I think advertised $601 and I told my realtor to dig and new board agreed to $741. Not happy but I dont feel it's safe to leave a single family home for a long time to cruise. I want to lock a door and leave as long as I want. Condo is the only option. 

The current renters have rented for will be 3 years. I wouldn't raise the rent and I suspect they might renew a 4th year. Covers my fixed costs. A agency is handling the rental, not me. I was going to give them notice, but I now think I just want more space. I have stuff! I'm a pack rat. I'm not losing by holding it. It's not going up in value but not losing either, per zillow whom my realtor thinks ignore. It went up when I bought but now not gaining in value. 

Condo life is definitely great for frequent cruisers.   Sounds like you will enjoy the amenities too!

Zillow estimates are hit and miss but give a good idea.  Too many variables  to determine an exact value with online websites.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

20240205_163430060.jpeg

Congratulations! Gorgeous balcony! 

Best wishes Greg for a minimal pain surgery and speedy recovery!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Condo life is definitely great for frequent cruisers.   Sounds like you will enjoy the amenities too!

Zillow estimates are hit and miss but give a good idea.  Too many variables  to determine an exact value with online websites.  

im trying to convince DW to go back to condo life but she still wants a house with a yard. 

• Like 3