Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I watched the movie Oppenheimer today.My granddog who came here this afternoon for his week stay had no interest in watching the movie.I thought it was very good especially the last 40 minutes.

I am thinking of watching it tonight.  Although I’ve got to finish a long Wes Anderson movie first.  Have you watched The Royal Hotel @lenquixote66  Australian movie but stars Julia Garner. Very Australian but I thought it was good. 

• Like 1

Good evening.  Just had the most beautiful weather in Burnie, Tasmania.  Just rolled back on the ship after visiting 3 wineries including one with a lovely long  lunch, a very scenic distillery, a few scenic lookouts, a waterfront place  called Penguin (where the fairy penguins come ashore), looking for platypus in their natural environment and having the best strawberry ice-cream I’ve ever eaten /  courtesy of The Berry Place just out of Devonport.  Phone battery died mid-afternoon but here are some photos…B18E1E5A-B0D1-4F76-B568-8421832AE969.thumb.jpeg.164f041f48cfe3f6abcfc22dc6d353e3.jpeg

B8DAA02D-71D6-4C74-B778-5C3F2BFE54BF.thumb.jpeg.b104eafd389e38d1d5b783cec2d2c6a7.jpeg

2051518F-04A0-47B2-916A-243B2689CD8F.thumb.jpeg.aaa3be926acb0b62c3671a485d854710.jpeg

Peek-a-boo - Pademelon

AE39CC8B-AB09-4147-B431-EE2BA12CFB1B.thumb.jpeg.50744b8c72de85794842ed37337adaa2.jpeg

CAA666A3-5950-4E1F-9DCE-21FDAA5ADD93.thumb.jpeg.b331113de93c460646d42454ec97d66d.jpeg
searching for Platypus

5E7FEA6D-39B1-4427-A993-92A924F1F785.thumb.jpeg.fcfd8f6c25f8ba21743992907f22a5e3.jpeg

Beautiful environment for platypus 

14A65C35-5163-4E7B-A502-462AD2211DB4.thumb.jpeg.64d01993e06aa490da38c7c2ad01448b.jpeg

For @Ocean Boy

D31E3AC5-BE60-4814-8D48-5EBBB57F2A96.thumb.jpeg.9422db0d0342a398de143b0adb8483af.jpeg

49C42493-5A02-4D0F-8348-B09565DB597F.thumb.jpeg.04328c68b0e293c6f6b2bcefa570427f.jpeg

We had perfect weather today ☀️

Next stop was a chocolate factory. This Tasmanian Devil was made of chocolate.  3A2C33A6-343B-49D5-8BE8-875978B5D37E.thumb.jpeg.153c62a1081e7660627d9937ccc0f5ba.jpeg

Afternoon winery was like a villa in Tuscany.  Sadly my phone died at this point. Beautiful place to have wine tasting & sit and enjoy our wines.

Final stop was The Berry Factory (10mins out of Devonport).  Long queues for the strawberry or raspberry ice-cream but we all agreed it was worth the wait.

18800AA0-9C9B-4415-98CD-589219B3DA20.thumb.jpeg.13f41f8fbe92d3e2c8f8947c1bd594ce.jpeg

• Like 23

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I am thinking of watching it tonight.  Although I’ve got to finish a long Wes Anderson movie first.  Have you watched The Royal Hotel @lenquixote66  Australian movie but stars Julia Garner. Very Australian but I thought it was good. 

I watched a documentary about Oppenheimer before I watched the movie.  It helped because the movie jumps back and forth in time.  For the first 30 minutes or so, Micheline kept having to ask me what was happening, since she didn't have the context of the documentary.  It's on YouTube if interested, but is 90 minutes long.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Started to get a little........mundane, for lack of a better word.

Edit: Strictly my opinion, of course. I'm sure its not mundane for those on the cruise or avid WC followers.

I will say slightly boring, "cliquish" and going in all other directions but of the "cruise". I also got the feeling that some people were getting too full of themselves.

So I had a choice to fast forward most posts.
This is where John's ability to hold a captive audience in his excellent reviews is most missed.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 11

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good evening.  Just had the most beautiful weather in Burnie, Tasmania.  Just rolled back on the ship after visiting 3 wineries including one with a lovely long  lunch, a very scenic distillery, a few scenic lookouts, a waterfront place  called Penguin (where the fairy penguins come ashore), looking for platypus in their natural environment and having the best strawberry ice-cream I’ve ever eaten /  courtesy of The Berry Place just out of Devonport.  Phone battery died mid-afternoon but here are some photos…

I always enjoy your photos! I think they are excellent!

Hope your DD is doing OK.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I will say slightly boring, "cliquish" and going in all other directions but of the "cruise". I also got the feeling that some people were getting too full of themselves.

This is where John's ability to hold a captive audience in his excellent reviews is most missed.

I think @island ladybeing off of the ship now is not helping to keep the thread focused.

It is also very hard to follow where the ship was going, is going, and may go. I just don't find it quite as interesting now.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We had lived in Fernandina Beach for over a year before a friend took me to St. John’s.  OMG!!!  The Dillard’s there is better than the Lenox/Phipps Rich’s and Neiman Marcus in Atlanta in their heyday!!!  I LOVE that store!!  I bought a $300 dress I have absolutely nowhere to wear…except on cruises…😆

I absolutely love Dillard’s!  We don’t have them here in the Northeast, which is probably a good thing lol, but I always hit at least one when we’re in FL.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Safe travels, Deb and Andy!  The two of you sure pack a lot of visits on your journeys to your cruises.  Our friends Carol and Andy went with two other couples to Margaritaville just two days ago to check the place out.  They said it is beautiful!  Their Margarita's were pretty good too, as well as their lunches while there.  Have a great time in the next couple of weeks!🥰

Thanks Maryann.  We’ve been to the M’ville in Hollywood Beach a few times and the one in Orlando twice.  Great stays every time.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I absolutely love Dillard’s!  We don’t have them here in the Northeast, which is probably a good thing lol, but I always hit at least one when we’re in FL.  

I love Dillard's too!
We have one in Florida Mall on OBT if you are in the area. I never found one in/near NJ when I was living there.

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

I love Dillard's too!
We have one in Florida Mall on OBT if you are in the area. I never found one in/near NJ when I was living there.

I’ve been to that one many times Arzeena!  I used to like Lord & Taylor but they’re all closed now.  That leaves Macy’s and Nordstrom around here anyway.  I find Macy’s to be hit or miss and Nordstrom just confuses me with how their stores are laid out.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is also very hard to follow where the ship was going, is going, and may go. I just don't find it quite as interesting now.

Not hard at all to find out where it is going up to May 9th. and after June 20th, until those in between dates get confirmed with changed itinerary because of the Suez Canal Issues.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/ultimate-world-cruise/itinerary/

In Hilo, Hawaii today, not going to Lahaina because of the fires.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I never heard of that movie .I will check it out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

A guy who I have been friends with since high school is a Hollywood movie Director.He gave me a list of movies to watch by a Director who he is very close friends with-Jesse V. Johnson.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not hard at all to find out where it is going up to May 9th. and after June 20th, until those in between dates get confirmed with changed itinerary because of the Suez Canal Issues.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/ultimate-world-cruise/itinerary/

In Hilo, Hawaii today, not going to Lahaina because of the fires.

I find it difficult. It is fine if you find it easy. Perhaps I don't really have all that much interest now that folks aren't showing pictures of where they are and what they are doing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Here in PA..I believe I have now had enough snow....

We now have 6” that arrived this morning .My daughter and her husband stayed overnight in a PA town on their way to visit their daughter in IN.

They drove through a lot of snow.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I find it difficult. It is fine if you find it easy. Perhaps I don't really have all that much interest now that folks aren't showing pictures of where they are and what they are doing.

They haven't been at any ports since Island Lady got off the ship in LA last week.....that is why you haven't seen any pictures........Pictures should show up late tonight or tomorrow again...........Hawaii is 5 hours behind us.....

They only have 5 ports the rest of this month(February), and 8 more sea days to go this month.

I'm like you I want to see pictures from the ports, I don't care what they are eating on the ship or what drinks they are drinking on the ship, so many of those pictures like that get boring.

March is 15 port days and  16 more sea days

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope your pain goes away ,Greg.Have you ever tried meditation ?I have been meditating since I was in college.I have a mantra that I have been using many years and I meditate at bedtime.I am in a relaxed state and able to sleep pain free.

Never tried meditation much. Might have to try.

Just when I thought I was recovering good with the hernia. My prostrate decided to be stubborn again. I was in pain all day as I couldn’t urinate. Ended up having to go to the ER late last night and had a catheter put in (that was not fun at all) and they drained 1200ml off of me. Now I’m back home catheter and all. I’m very uncomfortable but at least not in the pain as I was in. Now I have to get back to urologist and see how long this thing will have to stay in. Life is not fun right now.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Just when I thought I was recovering good with the hernia. My prostrate decided to be stubborn again. I was in pain all day as I couldn’t urinate. Ended up having to go to the ER late last night and had a catheter put in (that was not fun at all) and they drained 1200ml off of me. Now I’m back home catheter and all. I’m very uncomfortable but at least not in the pain as I was in. Now I have to get back to urologist and see how long this thing will have to stay in. Life is not fun right now.

Sorry you are having so many problems with this, hope the days ahead  for get better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Strongly agree.   Lots of meaningless posts that I skip over too.     I really wish John was able to do a review on CC of the WC 😔  He is truly missed, especially for this adventure.

• Like 9