Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

It is hard to tell if they are selling you something that is iffy . This new dentist is now doing tooth implants in addition to laser treatments . The previous dentist did none of that . 

I think as older dentists retire and the newer younger ones come along new treatments will be offered. 

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

Is Owen enjoying his new car ? 

He is loving it, but hasn’t had too much time with it. We just got it home from a week at my friends shop.  It got leather protection, clear bra, ceramic coating, wheel coating and full ceramic window tint.  It will be good for a long time. We took delivery with winter wheels on the factory rims. 

IMG_3708.thumb.jpeg.c29d015e352aceb0f0080b776aec5ea1.jpeg

The summer wheels and rubber will be a bit more aggressive.

IMG_3622.thumb.jpeg.63cbc40315a42d0f3fdcfd38ec82bc6f.jpeg

Meanwhile, the stormtrooper has been relegated to outside for now. (Edit in the sad trumpet sound)

IMG_3711.thumb.jpeg.8268cc53b989dd70392abf26ef46427e.jpeg

He just came home from visiting Grandma Sharon. He went for a visit and ended up staying for dinner. 

Tuesday will be his first day taking it school and his work co-op program. He is working with DE kids a near by elementary school. He enjoyed his class this semester past in peer support with the DE kids. His first fill up is soon, and then he will know the pain we all know. 

He snapped this photo tonight. 

IMG_3385.thumb.jpeg.aff523220be97f03f83ba011bfc1ef40.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

We are preparing for our March cruise on Oasis. We just booked dinner at Ramsey’s Hells Kitchen in Miami. 3 weeks tomorrow we board the ship. 

It is great when you have the anticipation of an upcoming cruise. I've been back for a week. Right now it is better to be in your position than mine.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I would like a full review. Heard good things.

We enjoyed our meal there in Vegas so thought why not try it in Miami. The menu is the same, but we can now try other items.  It’s a 5 minute walk from our hotel. We already for our meals booked for on the ship, and probably going to the fish fry in Nassau. It’s going to be a food extravaganza.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

We enjoyed our meal there in Vegas so thought why not try it in Miami. The menu is the same, but we can now try other items.  It’s a 5 minute walk from our hotel. We already for our meals booked for on the ship, and probably going to the fish fry in Nassau. It’s going to be a food extravaganza.

Didn’t you and Owen split a tomahawk ?

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Our friends Carol and Andy will just be getting off the Oasis when you and Lisa and Owen will be boarding.  Carol and Andy were with us on the Bella cruise last year.  Jim and I will be getting on the Beyond the following day.  Graham & Nikki, and Jennifer and Dave will be sailing on our cruise also.😊

Can’t wait MaryAnn!  But, first I get to join Deb and Andy on Adventure!!😊😊

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Can’t wait MaryAnn!  But, first I get to join Deb and Andy on Adventure!!😊😊

Have a great time with Deb and Andy, Jen!  Looking forward to seeing you and Dave, and Graham and Nikki!  Have you been on Beyond before?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It was painful. Upper gums both sides had the flap surgery & lower gums had the root scaling, which I guess they call deep cleaning now.  4 separate appointments, one for each quadrant spread out over 3 months, I think. This was over 10 years ago, maybe closer to 15.

Also, I loved my former dentist. He had a very conservative approach - the old, it it ain't broke, don't fix it attitude. 

The procedures you went through for 3 months sound very painful.    I hope those issues were resolved and all is good now.      

This was my Father's approach and our approach on most things.    

I appreciate everyone's advice and information about their dental issues.   

I am leaning towards cancelling the appt for Tuesday and getting a 2nd opinion from another Dentist.   As Eric says, "go with your gut feeling"  and my gut is telling me I don't need this and it could cause another problem which I definitely don't want before our March 3rd cruise.    

@A&L_Ont    Owen's Bronco is looking Great!   The window tinting makes a big difference.   Plus I think ceramic coating gives a nice glossy look to cars.   

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The procedures you went through for 3 months sound very painful.    I hope those issues were resolved and all is good now.

For sure. There is no way I ever want to go through that procedure & have done a complete 180 when it comes to taking care of my teeth.  I might have become borderline OCD when it comes to flossing, brushing etc & make sure I go for my regular cleanings & check-ups. One good thing is I got approval from the insurance company for 4 cleanings per year, every 3 months.  That lasted until I changed insurance companies & it went back to standard 2 free cleanings per year. However, I still go for 4 & just pay the additional 2 out of pocket. It's worth it to me

• Like 4

@A&L_Ont Thanks for the photos ! I’m sure , Owen will take good care of the car and will drive responsibly.  Just from experience, not that Owen needs to be instructed , who is to ride in the car and how many passengers.  If you are planning on Gordon Ramsay in Miami , I believe that is where J &L ate before the WC . Pics on the f b page.

@Ocean Boy I refused X-rays until the dentist had me sign a waiver and then told me he couldn’t treat me anymore without x-rays . Just protecting himself .   And with the dental implant it was numerous scans .  That was the first time a surgeon has called me at home to check up on me . Nice touch . 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

What is a DE kid? 

Developmentally challenged.  Owen got to work with some kids that have small challenges to those that have great life challenges. He has found this to be a calling, enough to do his work co-op in this.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, NHProud said:

Thanks for the photos ! I’m sure , Owen will take good care of the car and will drive responsibly.  Just from experience, not that Owen needs to be instructed , who is to ride in the car and how many passengers.  If you are planning on Gordon Ramsay in Miami , I believe that is where J &L ate before the WC . Pics on the f b page.

You are 100% correct in regards to all the safety aspects.  Lisa and I have spoken to him about all the aspects. I will have to check out f b. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Developmentally challenged.  Owen got to work with some kids that have small challenges to those that have great life challenges. He has found this to be a calling, enough to do his work co-op in this.

Thanks. 

Owen is an awesome young man.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am looking for some advice.  My Dentist that I went to for many years retired last year and the guy that bought his practice is nice but also seems to be focused on selling extras.   

I do not have any issues with my teeth or gums.  In fact I have never had a cavity and the previous Dentist prior to retiring told me to just keep up with what I am doing as I have great teeth.     

The new Dentist scheduled me this Tuesday for a deep clean (as preventive maintenance) which I understand can be rather invasive of gums.   They set up two (2) separate appointments 2 weeks apart so he can do one side of the mouth then other side so I won't have discomfort from doing the whole mouth at once.    

I am a bit nervous about doing this deep clean.   Has anyone ever had one?    

Debbie, to add my 2 cents, I had deep cleaning, I think they call it "scaling" a few months ago.  No pain at all since they numbed my mouth.  Dentist did it in 2 appointments.  No pain at all when the numbing wore off.  I know my dentist wasn't upselling since Jack was not told he needed it done.  It cost $$$ but thankfully my insurance covered it all.

Smooth sails to all on cruises and about to embark in the near future.

@Sea Dog Greg, hope your pain is lessening.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Debbie, to add my 2 cents, I had deep cleaning, I think they call it "scaling" a few months ago.  No pain at all since they numbed my mouth.  Dentist did it in 2 appointments.  No pain at all when the numbing wore off.  I know my dentist wasn't upselling since Jack was not told he needed it done.  It cost $$$ but thankfully my insurance covered it all.

Smooth sails to all on cruises and about to embark in the near future.

@Sea Dog Greg, hope your pain is lessening.

I have had deep cleaning many times , I have them put me to sleep . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

i've been reading this thread since its inception, but have  only posted once. Now I have question for you fine people, when does the entertainment become available for reservations on the "O" class ships? Thanks

39 minutes ago, BOATBOI said:

i've been reading this thread since its inception, but have  only posted once. Now I have question for you fine people, when does the entertainment become available for reservations on the "O" class ships? Thanks

I think it might be around 30 to 45 days out. Anyone else know for sure. 

Love seeing this in my inbox. 😁

image.png.e42ae99bd535fb206779142f825d284a.png

One more sleep until Punta Cana. It's been a while since we've been to an AI but it seems very much like a cruise on land, but with bigger "cabins", and hopefully better food.  Live music and various activities throughout the day and a show every evening in the theater.

• Like 17

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love seeing this in my inbox. 😁

image.png.e42ae99bd535fb206779142f825d284a.png

One more sleep until Punta Cana. It's been a while since we've been to an AI but it seems very much like a cruise on land, but with bigger "cabins", and hopefully better food.  Live music and various activities throughout the day and a show every evening in the theater.

And if your flight is delayed the place will still be there waiting for you.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, BOATBOI said:

34 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think it might be around 30 to 45 days out. Anyone else know for sure. 

I think they start releasing them around the 1st of the month the month prior to your cruise.  So, if you are sailing in April start looking around March 1.  Have heard of some a day or so before and some a week or so after so no official this is the day.

• Like 1