Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Someone should do a psychological case study on Rob.  Whether Survivor or Deal or No Deal Island, everyone knows and says that they should get rid of Rob first, because he's too dangerous.  Yet that never happens.  Through some combination of smarts, charm, celebrity, people thinking it's smart to ally with him, he never seems to get eliminated.  I think he figures out individually what people want (boost their self-confidence, stroke their ego, etc.) and gives it to them, so they end up wanting to keep him around.  It's fascinating to me.

As for last night, the girl who didn't follow the plan should have gone for her first instinct.  She could then pretty easily explain to others why it would have been the smart move.  As she said, she succumbed to peer pressure and now she has a target on her back.  

Having been a Psychologist for 40 plus years I would agree with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are back from the orthopedist.  Charlie has a tear in his shoulder,  MRI scheduled to see how bad.  Could be just therapy needed or an operation.  Hoping for therapy🤞🙏

Hopefully just therapy,Marietta.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are back from the orthopedist.  Charlie has a tear in his shoulder,  MRI scheduled to see how bad.  Could be just therapy needed or an operation.  Hoping for therapy🤞🙏

Seems like you just cant catch a break. Hope he doesnt need a operation. 

I've promised myself to walk and exercise more once I'm moved in and work on myself. Get in better shape so I can live a better life. Dont want to be unders a doctors care like you are dealing with. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Speaking from Linda’s experience better off with therapy than rotator cuff surgery. Rehab is long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve not had time to play on my iPhone for a while   My 35 person group cruise took up more time than they did back when I worked. 
maybe it’s because of the demographics?

I don’t want to betray my favorite gender, but herding cats is what it has been like. 
The result  was a really great cruise; dinners in the MDR were actually excellent, and the dining department on Allure did exactly what asked for. We were in the side room with an entrance directly from the elevator lobby.
No winding through the tables to get to ours, and quiet enough we could all talk. 
I can attend my women’s club luncheons without fear that someone is going to come after me with a pitchfork!

I’ve been keeping up with our friend who is on the World Cruise, and y’all may have already posted this.  I hate to think of all I have missed. 
Anyway, he is now a certified Sydney Harbor Bridge climber!

IMG_8733.jpeg

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 21

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Deal or No Deal Island last night was a very interesting show.

I find myself rooting for Boston Rob be because he plays the game like he did on Survivor.

19 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Now we have 2 with targets on them which protects Boston Rob. 

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Someone should do a psychological case study on Rob.  Whether Survivor or Deal or No Deal Island, everyone knows and says that they should get rid of Rob first, because he's too dangerous.  Yet that never happens.  Through some combination of smarts, charm, celebrity, people thinking it's smart to ally with him, he never seems to get eliminated.  I think he figures out individually what people want (boost their self-confidence, stroke their ego, etc.) and gives it to them, so they end up wanting to keep him around.  It's fascinating to me.

I think Boston Rob is one of the reasons I stopped watching Survivor. Specifically because the producers kept bringing him back year after year under various formats (All-Stars! Hero vs Villains! Fan Favorites!)  until he finally won one season.  It seemed like the producers really wanted him to win, although he kinda won a few years earlier when he started dating and eventually married fellow contestant Amber who won that season. Since then he's been in several other reality shows including Amazing Race where he tried to manipulate his way to a win. It failed.

I know reality show producers like a strong "love-them-or-hate-them" personalty as they are good for ratings but enough already.  And as to why his fellow contestants don't eliminate him earlier, I wonder if the producers subtly suggest to the contestants (during the interviews) that it might be in their best interest to keep him around. Again, for the ratings.  Or to do their "dirty" work of double-crossing other contestants.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, akcruz said:

Don't remember who mentioned using Irish Spring shavings to keep the mice away but will tell you it didn't work here.  Left a partial bar, in the box, in one of the kitchen cabinet.  The mice loved it, finished it all, left the box.  Was probably the worst year for mice.

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm surprised the mice didn't eat the box too. It is amazing how much damage such small critters can do.

Ever since my step-daughter brought her cat Leonard home some 18 months ago, I've found 3 dead mice in my house.  At first I was like "Great job Leonard, nice work earning your place in my house"! 

Then I started to wonder if I've had these mice living with me for all these years and never knew it. I've never seen any trace of droppings, chewed up things, nests, etc.  😱

• Like 7

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for Paulines lovely birthday wishes.

We went out for lunch and Pauline had smoked Salmon and cream cheese sandwichs and I had a steak sandwich.

IMG_20240313_122303.jpg

IMG_20240313_122051.jpg

Happy belated birthday to your wife!  Wishing her many more!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I think Boston Rob is one of the reasons I stopped watching Survivor. Specifically because the producers kept bringing him back year after year under various formats (All-Stars! Hero vs Villains! Fan Favorites!)  until he finally won one season.  It seemed like the producers really wanted him to win, although he kinda won a few years earlier when he started dating and eventually married fellow contestant Amber who won that season. Since then he's been in several other reality shows including Amazing Race where he tried to manipulate his way to a win. It failed.

I know reality show producers like a strong "love-them-or-hate-them" personalty as they are good for ratings but enough already.  And as to why his fellow contestants don't eliminate him earlier, I wonder if the producers subtly suggest to the contestants (during the interviews) that it might be in their best interest to keep him around. Again, for the ratings.  Or to do their "dirty" work of double-crossing other contestants.

That is a possibility.I guess we will not know until someone writes a book about him which is quite likely.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Reality TV has evolved and many have now made it their career.  Boston Rob, Johnny Bananas, CT, Kate Chastain, Cirie Fields, Cody Calafiore, etc have all been on multiple shows including Survivor, Big Brother, The Traitors, Deal or No Deal Island, The Challenge, Below Deck, and many more.  Boston Rob has even had two of his own shows and also does a lot of celebrity gambling events.

I have no issues with Boston Rob, he knows how to work the charm and manipulate people without them even realizing it.  If it works for him and supports his family, go for it.  He has the most adorable four girls that look just like their mother.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Been there, Done that. Definitely not one of the better periods in my life.

They say the rehab is worse than my knee replacement and I believe it seeing my wife.

Just now, DaniDanielle said:

Just what we need🥴

I don't think her pain is any worse than mine. She hasn't really had bad pain. I think the main thing is that the rehab is so much slower. She has been in rehab now for over 3 months and is just now starting to use weights.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My son had both shoulders done and sailed right through.  He was fairly young then, maybe that helps.

Everyone reacts differently to pain and rehab, he might do just fine with it.  Some tears are left to heal on their own and don't require surgery.  The MRI will tell you what is up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1