Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Patti, I had a BCC removed about 12 years ago, and it never occurred to me to check that box.  🙀

Thank you, Pat. It has just been kind of a weird day.  ☺️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

Thank you, Pat. It has just been kind of a weird day.  ☺️

I’m sitting on a plane to FLL and board the Celebrity Equinox to Lisbon.  Hope we cruise together before too long.  Take care, this too will pass. Hugs.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I’m sitting on a plane to FLL and board the Celebrity Equinox to Lisbon.  Hope we cruise together before too long.  Take care, this too will pass. Hugs.

How exciting! Have a wonderful cruise. Please share photos. Did you book the 2026 Ascent cruise? 

Fondest, 

~Patti ☺️

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

LA traffic is the worst!  It's gridlock most of the day but later in the evening I'll be doing 75 mph on the 10 and I'll regularly be passed like I'm standing still.  There is no speed enforcement at all on any major highway that I have ever seen.

That being said I'm loving living here... There is so much to do all the time.  You'll have to explain to me what a tiki bar is vs. a regular bar.

Really , if I remember correctly you wanted out of CA . I must be mistaken.  
The LA freeways are not the German autobahn . Be careful ! 

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes that’s one my list to visit too while we are there along with the Bamboo Club, both in Long Beach. Love to meet up. We will be there Wednesday October 16th and Thursday October 17th. I can give you my cell. Email me at gpsteele7 at g mail dot com.

My husband visited Long Beach on business quite a few times before we moved to Santa Clarita in 2006 . I would go with him often . We cruised out of San Pedro in 2023 and believe me or not you are going to be bored staying in San Pedro . The Tiki bar Dave referenced is within walking distance of the Long Beach Westin which @Jimbo has also mentioned.  Laguna Beach is very nice and with a rental car should not be a problem. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton .  

This October , we are staying one night at the Crowne Plaza . Last year , we stayed at the Doubletree. It’s because , we’ve been there , done that.  I’m sure , you have your itinerary planned and know what you want to do. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Dorothy, same here.

Too many unknowns right now, we're fearing an attack from Iran, and no cease fire as yet.....

Prayers uplifted for you every day Dani @dani negreanufor your safety.

53°F and sunny here at 08.22am.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

So yesterday, our youngest grandchild, William, became a teenager, since he celebrated his 13th Birthday!🎈

Happy 13th birthday Maryann for your youngest grandson William.

happy-birthday-william-4.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday our tree man came and trimmed all of our high conifers in our back and front garden.

Afterwards we booked another cruise then got a takeaway and went to the beach.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

IMG_20240410_163527.jpg

• Like 14

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yesterday I did a Zoom conference with the Actor Brett Gelman.During the course of conversation he mentioned acting in the show Stranger Things.I never watched it.Did anyone see it and if so would you recommend it ?

Hi Lenny.  I watched the entire series with my son.  We loved it. I loved all the 80s references. Honestly, hard to say if you would like it or not.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Yesterday our tree man came and trimmed all of our high conifers in our back and front garden.

Afterwards we booked another cruise then got a takeaway and went to the beach.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

IMG_20240410_163527.jpg

Sounds like a very productive day and that banana bread (?) looks rather nice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

So yesterday, our youngest grandchild, William, became a teenager, since he celebrated his 13th Birthday!🎈

Adding my Happy Birthday wishes to William. 🎂🎂🎉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I'm sitting in a hospital having a cup of coffee while still digesting yesterday's visit to my accountant. I suspect that you are going to have a better day than I am.😊

Have a great time!

• Like 10
  • Haha 5

Those scheduling people at Southwest have been busy trying to annoy me.  

Yesterday, they made two changes to our flight to San Francisco.  The first change, they moved our departure time up by about 10 minutes.  I thought, ok, I can live with that.  Then, about 2 hours later, they send this.  

IMG_0936.thumb.jpeg.2f1e41b5aee8aa9d9bbec90627d1fe97.jpeg

New times, new plane, new flight!  So now, instead of a change in Chicago, we have one in Denver.  And that new departure time got moved to 5am, which would mean getting up at 2am to be ready for a drive to the airport.  Not happening, so we booked a hotel at the airport.  

Now, I wake up this morning to see that our flights to and from Myrtle Beach this summer were changed. Differences of 10 minutes to 1.5 hours.  Can’t wait to see if they change again later today. 

I am fairly confident they will change our flights to and from our Utopia cruise. 

Maybe they are reshuffling the fleet to find planes that haven’t had parts fall off. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Those scheduling people at Southwest have been busy trying to annoy me.  

Yesterday, they made two changes to our flight to San Francisco.  The first change, they moved our departure time up by about 10 minutes.  I thought, ok, I can live with that.  Then, about 2 hours later, they send this.  

IMG_0936.thumb.jpeg.2f1e41b5aee8aa9d9bbec90627d1fe97.jpeg

New times, new plane, new flight!  So now, instead of a change in Chicago, we have one in Denver.  And that new departure time got moved to 5am, which would mean getting up at 2am to be ready for a drive to the airport.  Not happening, so we booked a hotel at the airport.  

Now, I wake up this morning to see that our flights to and from Myrtle Beach this summer were changed. Differences of 10 minutes to 1.5 hours.  Can’t wait to see if they change again later today. 

I am fairly confident they will change our flights to and from our Utopia cruise. 

Maybe they are reshuffling the fleet to find planes that haven’t had parts fall off. 

Whenever I have booked flights and get an email from the airline my first reaction before I read it is to gringe.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yesterday I did a Zoom conference with the Actor Brett Gelman.During the course of conversation he mentioned acting in the show Stranger Things.I never watched it.Did anyone see it and if so would you recommend it ?

Yes, we watched the series.  I would recommend you check it out.  Not for everyone but you may enjoy.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Whenever I have booked flights and get an email from the airline my first reaction before I read it is to gringe.

+1, missing a beat.

"Important information about your next flight....."

• Like 4

Yesterday, I read an article about a proposed change in Pennsylvania’s cell phone use in a vehicle.  No texting or talking, which isn’t bad, but they would expand to not permit you to have a cell phone in your lap or hand for any reason.  That includes snapping a picture, or taking a video.  

Now I have been known to snap a picture or two, so I am not pleased with that part. 

And speaking of snapping a photo, I encountered an odd phenomenon in our new vehicle.  If I open the camera app, it will automatically shut off Sirius radio, and the time on the infotainment screen will be surrounded by a red bubble. 

IMG_0939.thumb.jpeg.7e76479aae12724888c18ed0891b03b0.jpeg

As soon as you close the camera app, the music returns.  Not sure if this is something new and unique to Toyota, or if others see this. 

Still getting familiar with Apple CarPlay, plus all the new symbols.  

Anyone know why I get the ref signaling touchdown, when I shift in reverse?

IMG_0938.thumb.jpeg.b4add67429b1b62371edb902905c36b4.jpeg

Susan thinks it means she backed into the garage without hitting anything. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

14 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I think the symbol appears to provide verification that the rear distance sensors are operational. If they are dirty, or in bad weather like heavy rain, you might get a notice that they are temporarily unavailable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

If you touch that icon, it will change the rear camera angle.  Usually 3 different viewing angles are available.

EDIT TO ADD:  Also, if the music stops when you open the camera app, it is useful because if you take video footage and the music is playing, it is troublesome if you wish to upload to a service such as YT and get hit with copyright warnings.  On a technical side, your (most) phones may not be able to enable the microphone and stream music simultaneously.

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm sitting in a hospital having a cup of coffee while still digesting yesterday's visit to my accountant. I suspect that you are going to have a better day than I am.😊

Have a great time!

Do you.make estimated quarterly payments.  It still hurts but in smaller bites and more often.  Sigh.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Do you.make estimated quarterly payments.  It still hurts but in smaller bites and more often.  Sigh.

I do make quarterly payments. Let's just say my estimates were "slightly" off last year. Very untypical of me.🙄😑😢🤧

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I do make quarterly payments. Let's just say my estimates were "slightly" off last year. Very untypical of me.🙄😑😢🤧

Been there done that.  Definitely a drinking moment for sure.  At least you didn't loan the government money all year.  😒

• Like 4