Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Today, we drove to New Wilmington for lunch.  When our daughter was in college there, we discovered a restaurant called The Tavern on the Square.  It had been around since the 1930’s

IMG_1179.thumb.jpeg.74f94fe96d6746104ccda4f8647ad8e3.jpeg

It always had good comfort food, and the best sticky buns.  Sadly, it closed during the pandemic.  The last couple years, new owners did some remodeling and additions.  Today was a soft opening, so we thought it may be a good time to try it out.

Anyplace that has a Cuban on the menu will see me ordering it to see if it is good. 

IMG_1176.thumb.jpeg.1f2adaf8b5435fd4c4677f4d57cd419f.jpeg

The Cuban wasn’t too bad, although many things on their menu were higher in price than normal for the area.  

It was rather novel that they use old books to deliver your check.  

IMG_1178.thumb.jpeg.d1f56c1ae00c3d3c1f97e18519b98a45.jpeg

It is not unusual to see those Amish buggies, like depicted on the sign, drive by as you are eating.  This is, after all, the heart of Amish country in Western Pennsylvania. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Tonight is the final episode of Season 46 of Survivor.If my granddog is correct and Liz wins it will be a total farce.There is no way that she should win.

Although there is nobody left that I am rooting for in my opinion Charlie played the best of the remaining cast.

I'll make my decision when it's the final three. And at that IMO, none of them will deserve the million. I hoping Maria gets blindsided tonight. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Graham. What you don’t see is our Hosta garden. It’s still being worked on when I finish I post pics of it and our Tiki patio.

I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of your Hosta garden Greg.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It has been raining all day here but it is a mild 55°F.

For information to my friends on here.

July 4th will be a general election in the UK.

I pray everyone is safe and well especially Dani @dani negreanu and her family.

The general election comment could elicit many responses that could get someone banned from here for life.  My reality shows are court cases fictional or otherwise. I’m a big fan of Law & Order and Perry Mason . I’ve watched all the televised major cases and currently hooked on the big one which might just be hearsay meaning second hand info. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NHProud said:

The general election comment could elicit many responses that could get someone banned from here for life.  My reality shows are court cases fictional or otherwise. I’m a big fan of Law & Order and Perry Mason . I’ve watched all the televised major cases and currently hooked on the big one which might just be hearsay meaning second hand info. 

I received a warning this week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Thank you.

It was for information only to my friends on Dani's thread and not a subject I ever discuss.

There are lots of mentions on UK threads but not by me.

I had an Epiretinal membrane repaired when they did my first cataract op and had an intraocular lens put it which gave me excellent distance vision and I asked for the other eye to be done a couple of months later and an intraocular lens was put in that eye too.

I used to have varifocal glasses that I wore all of the time but now I only have reading glasses.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

EEEWWW.  Thankful you were able to get the bug out and can proceed with your scheduled procedure😊

Thanks Debbie!  

Don't work too hard at your Shore home this weekend!

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Boy, you sure had a premonition about a tick. Maybe you should play the lottery! I’m glad it turned out okay and you can have your procedure. 

Thanks Deb!

I hope your new grandbaby makes his appearance by this Memorial Day weekend!

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Hope you eye is ok.  Stay away from those ticks.  Susan had Lyme disease last summer from a tick, and it was horrible.  

She found two ticks on her yesterday while she was out weeding. 

Thank you, Mark!  Has Susan had any longtime effects from the tick?  I surely hope not!

7 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Good Luck Maryanne!

I am happy you are bug free and good to go.🥰

Thank you,  Arzeena!

@BonTexasNY  Thank you so much, Bonnie!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I hate being at musical events when who think that they can sing.... can't.

Years ago while at the Broadway play "Phantom of the Opera", the woman sitting next to me sang the songs along with the actors.  🥺  As if that wasn't bad enough, her plastic water bottle made the krinkling noise each and every time she took a sip.  So rude!!🤬

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Absolutely stunning day on the Southern New England coast.

20240522_101802.thumb.jpg.b50e6221f5b33011876d4f6edddbd15d.jpg

Does your Mamma know that you are not in school?

20240522_103700.thumb.jpg.032e8d7efc1345cc2b706374f6da7c5b.jpg

Perhaps they're College kids?  My grandchildren are all done with the Semester.

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Maryann, feel better!

Thank you Marietta.  While my eye hurts, the prescription drops as well as advil helps.  I went to my youngest grandson's band concert last night, and my daughter told me I looked very tired.  Yeah..no makeup on these eyes surely make me look tired even if I'm not..lol!  

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@NHProud

Good luck to Steve on his cataract surgery, and to Maryann ( @Luckynana) on her laser surgery 🌺

Thank you, Dani!

@NHProud  I also wish Steve good luck with his cataract surgery!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending you our best wishes for your surgery next week.

Sorry to hear about the bug in your eye but hopefully the antibiotic eye drops will help you.

Thank you, Graham.  The drops are helping!

3 hours ago, George C said:

Well similar to all Athens and Rome having everything in the middle of the city . I saw this week is fleet week which is pretty normal in New York City there will be 14 ships docked in the city . A few years ago I was talking to a marine either two or three star general while we were both waiting on tkts line .

Have a great time in NYC and Buffalo, George!  Safe travels tomorrow.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

From me too.

Thank you, Lenny!  I'm glad that you enjoy your zoom singing so much!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Greg!

Excellent info.

The web site you posted would be a good resource for them.

One other question. With the two of them travelling, is KC a safe city?

They are NY savy, but not knowing the area, do they need a head’s up?

Also, any hotel recommendations?

Maybe Linda may have some ideas about accommodations-from a woman’s perspective.

Thank you!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️b

• Like 2

@George C Safe travels tomorrow!

Memorial Day weekend and Fleet Week usually coincide.

With 14 ships in town, there will be a lot of sailors in NYC.

Enjoy the delicacies that you are planning on -pizza, deli sandwiches and ,maybe some bagels?

Beautiful day here today. 
Warm again tomorrow-maybe some thunderstorms.

But the forecasters could be wrong !

🙄 

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 7

6 hours ago, CelebrityHybrid said:

From some 🐾 on X - See most of you in 2025 ❄️ 🍸 

If you have not X over to Celebrity yet, you must.

Hello my friend!  We can discuss this evening's Survivor winner when you get home from your cruise!😉

• Like 2

Sharon got sushi for me today.   They call it American Dream.

Shrimp tempura roll, avocado, masago, cream cheese topped with spicy crab meat.

20240522_114338.thumb.jpg.394abaf07bd3174f06c0d1df21f0515c.jpg

Speaking of Sushi,  do you know what the Sushi said as the bee flew by?  ......    Wasabi 

• Like 3
  • Haha 16

35 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Has Susan had any longtime effects from the tick?  I surely hope not!

Nothing long term, but she was really sick for quite a while.  I told her not to do that this year, because she missed about a month of fun with our grandson last summer. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

We are big fans of Judge Judy and medical detectives on TV.

• Like 4

Well, I just booked another cruise today.  Is it still considered a S2S when you get off one cruise line (Sun Princess), and get on another (Oasis)?

Gives us an excuse to stay in Florida longer this winter. 

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Hello my friend!  We can discuss this evening's Survivor winner when you get home from your cruise!😉

I have to avoid this thread for awhile.  We are two weeks behind on Survivor because we were on a cruise.  We will hopefully watch those weeks tonight.  NHL and NBA playoffs have been the priority.  Now that the Bruins are out, there isn't a playoff game every night to watch and we can get back to reality tv. 😄 I was four episodes behind on American Idol and was trying to catchup without finding out the winner but that didn't work out.  DH turned Good Morning America on before he left for work on Monday and first thing I saw was an article about American Idol.  Oh well......

• Like 7

1 hour ago, doghog said:

I'll make my decision when it's the final three. And at that IMO, none of them will deserve the million. I hoping Maria gets blindsided tonight. 

I agree that none enjoy the million .Tommy Sheehan who won Survivor a few years ago lives in my part of NY.He is a School Teacher .I never met him but his family is good friends with someone that I know.

I was very happy with how he conducted himself on Survivor and that he won,

best 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

We are big fans of Judge Judy and medical detectives on TV.

My comment wasn’t directed at you as I know you wouldn’t stir the pot .  I looked up what is happening in the UK on the 4th and too confusing for me as are your remarks about your lenses.  

Judge Judy could not have been that rude when she presided in family court.  Again, manufactured to keep people interested.  My hubby watches medical shows real and fictional.  I have to avert my eyes. 

I bet the people in Windsor are not happy . 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Graham.  The drops are helping!

Have a great time in NYC and Buffalo, George!  Safe travels tomorrow.

Thank you, Lenny!  I'm glad that you enjoy your zoom singing so much!

We are 203 people from all over the world .There is a chat board on the zoom and we converse about the areas where we live .

An hour after that ends is my Parkinson’s Creative Writing group.

We are like a family there.Thirteen regulars from all over North America .We discuss our illness but also other things such as cruises we have been on.Todays topic was regrets we have .

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Nothing long term, but she was really sick for quite a while.  I told her not to do that this year, because she missed about a month of fun with our grandson last summer. 

Good to know that she's all good!  After you mentioned the ticks earlier, I was running my fingers through my scalp again.  Just checkin!!!😉

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Well, I just booked another cruise today.  Is it still considered a S2S when you get off one cruise line (Sun Princess), and get on another (Oasis)?

Gives us an excuse to stay in Florida longer this winter. 

As far as I know, it's still considered S2S!  Good for you!!🛳️2🛳️

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CelebrityHybrid said:

Yes we sure will 😎 look forward to it.

I an going to avoid CC and FB from 8pm tonight until we get home.

We will watch when we are having our brunch on Friday.

Great idea!😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

My wife’s sister has a good friend who is an actor.He has appeared on many episodes of the various Law and Order Shows.In 1999 he arranged for me to be an Extra in an episode.I did not have a speaking 

part,I was just a face in a crowd but I got to meet Angie Harmon an actress on the show.

• Like 4