Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, George C said:

I have owned a house in Dallas for 30 or so years and never mowed a lawn 😁😁,  pay just 25 a week and they do a great job . Flying to New York City tomorrow morning,

Linda has urged me to hire out our mowing but I actually enjoy mowing. I don’t even want a riding lawnmower I prefer a powered push mower. I like the exercise but do agree it would be so much easier having it done by someone else.

• Like 4

I remember a Jeopardy category on Davy Crockett…and the contestants didn’t get any of the questions correct.  At the end Ken Jennings sang “Davy, Davy Crockett, we’ve forgotten about you!” to the song tune.  It was hilarious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I remember a Jeopardy category on Davy Crockett…and the contestants didn’t get any of the questions correct.  At the end Ken Jennings sang “Davy, Davy Crockett, we’ve forgotten about you!” to the song tune.  It was hilarious.

I have Davy Crockett episodes on dvd , really enjoyed seeing the Alamo in San Antonio, but haven’t been there in several decades need to visit again nice city . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Since I have a wooded back yard, every time I finish mowing I have to check for ticks. I am amazed where I find them underneath my clothes and sometimes in areas I can’t figure how they got there. I am able to get them off before they settle in deep but they always leave an itchy little welt for a few days. Wish I could figure out how they get underneath my clothes so fast.

Are you mowing your artificial turf or do you have more grass back there ?

Hubby is undergoing cataract surgery next Wednesday and at his last exam the doc found a tiny hole in his retina. Fortunately, the retina guy was in the building and easily and quickly fixed with a laser. No long saga story here about his cataract surgery. He’s getting plain lenses and doing both eyes the same day . 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I have real grass in the front, sides and behind our retailing wall in the back yard.

IMG_4511.thumb.jpeg.06410327d88d1db54376d34c0590f54a.jpeg

i just use a leaf blower and artificial lawn sweeper for the artificial grass area.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I have real grass in the front, sides and behind our retailing wall in the back yard.

i just use a leaf blower and artificial lawn sweeper for the artificial grass area.

Very beautiful and bucolic backyard ! 

How are you and Linda doing ? I’m seeing a PT for the first time . Trying to keep an old lady upright with exercises to improve stability.  

Have you checked out the dining options on the Queen Mary in Long Beach ?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Seeing the Alamo for most people is a shock…they had no idea it was so small!  Kind of like the first time you see the Mona Lisa…

That was my exact impression when I visited the Alamo. Also was shocked it was right in the city. I had no idea! Loved San Antonio

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What a lovely yard! Does it ever get buggy outside?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

What a lovely yard! Does it ever get buggy outside?

We do have problems with mosquitoes but we keep a big fan out on the patio. To keep them away. Mosquitos can’t fly in the wind very well. We mainly have lists of critters that come through. Lots of deer, raccoons, possums, rabbits and coyotes which we really watch out with the dogs.

40 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Very beautiful and bucolic backyard ! 

How are you and Linda doing ? I’m seeing a PT for the first time . Trying to keep an old lady upright with exercises to improve stability.  

Have you checked out the dining options on the Queen Mary in Long Beach ?  

We are doing pretty good. Both are done with PT but continuing on our own with exercises. I’m still real stiff and trying to get a better range of motion.

i have not checked the dining options. We almost booked it for our stay but ended up booking the Double Tree. We plan on taking the tour so I check out the options. Thank you for the suggestion Judy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

Hubby is undergoing cataract surgery next Wednesday and at his last exam the doc found a tiny hole in his retina. Fortunately, the retina guy was in the building and easily and quickly fixed with a laser. No long saga story here about his cataract surgery. He’s getting plain lenses and doing both eyes the same day . 

Sending best wishes to your DH.

I was delighted with my cataract operations in both my eyes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I really enjoy mowing the lawn.  As much as I like my Ryobi electric push mower, my legs can't do the whole front lawn any more, and I now use the ride on mower and use the Ryobi in small areas where I'm not comfortable using the ride-on.  Anyway, after mowing the front yard yesterday, I moved onto the back yard, where there are two trees with low branches that I will ride under, while at the same time, I'm ducking my head and hoping a tick isn't in the tree.  As I got to the first tree, I felt something go into my eye, but I thought it was just pollen.  I continued mowing, and moved on to cleaning pollen off all of the patio furniture.  

As I was eating dinner, my eye started really bothering me, and so I moved my finger to the outer part of my eye, and as I did,  I felt a little something there.  As I got it out of my eye, it was a little tiny bug.  I put it on my dinner napkin, and thought to myself, do I see it moving?  I got my old glasses to get a good look, and sure enough, it was moving!   Needless to say, my eye and swollen lid don't look very pretty.  I called my eye doctor at 8:00 this morning and luckily they said come right in.  I was particularly concerned, since i am scheduled for lazer surgery next week on this eye.  The doctor prescribed  antibiotic eye drops and told me no worries....surgery can be done next week.  Phew!!

Sending you our best wishes for your surgery next week.

Sorry to hear about the bug in your eye but hopefully the antibiotic eye drops will help you.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

That was my exact impression when I visited the Alamo. Also was shocked it was right in the city. I had no idea! Loved San Antonio

Well similar to all Athens and Rome having everything in the middle of the city . I saw this week is fleet week which is pretty normal in New York City there will be 14 ships docked in the city . A few years ago I was talking to a marine either two or three star general while we were both waiting on tkts line .

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Very nice garden Greg.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Very nice garden Greg.

Thanks Graham. What you don’t see is our Hosta garden. It’s still being worked on when I finish I post pics of it and our Tiki patio.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have had some beautiful weather this week.   Expecting sunny and 89f today (I'll be in the office 😔)  but evenings have been really nice for our mulching project.   

Enjoy your day😊

74 and very sunny here today.I just finished my zoom singing .We sang songs of the 1920’s.

• Like 4

Tonight is the final episode of Season 46 of Survivor.If my granddog is correct and Liz wins it will be a total farce.There is no way that she should win.

Although there is nobody left that I am rooting for in my opinion Charlie played the best of the remaining cast.

• Like 3