Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, akcruz said:

We used to get a newborn fawn about every other year in our yard in NJ, heard the screeches from the the mama's as they were delivering quite often.  Adorable yes but oh I don't miss the damage they did to my plants.  

Not quite as little but this was a common sight in our yard each spring

IMAG0630..thumb.jpg.75226d1b4501204f5ef92cc5e04a7f7e.jpg

Very cool. One year I had twins, too.

20180713_184636.thumb.jpg.d59c609b67a27e2ef129ef31d5ee52e4.jpg

• Like 15

12 hours ago, Arzeena said:

William deserves twice the honor! Congratulations!

Thank you so much, Arzeena!🥰

11 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@Lucky Nana

Hope your eye feels good fast. Is it from that bug or your laser procedure? Did your surgeon prescribe drops?

Thank you!😘  It was from the bug that was in my eye.  I went to the eye doctor the next morning and he prescribed antibiotic eye drops, but my eye went from irritated to huge stye both under and on top of my eyelid.  I was afraid my laser surgery for the following week might have to be postponed, but the surgeon said there'd be no problem with getting the laser done.  (What a piece of cake that was!😉 you don't feel anything!!)  Thank you for asking, Arzeena!

How have you been?

• Like 5

11 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie is much improved.  We are going to try to get to Atlantic City next weekend 🙏

Oh yay!!! That is wonderful news, Marietta!   May you both win big!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Greg!  🥰

Thank you, Jane.  😊  He is a hard worker!

How are you doing with your hand, after your PT last year?  

Thank you, Graham!🥰

I can now make a pretty tight fist, almost normal. 

No word yet from the movers. It's the waiting that drives you crazy. I really am surprised a moving company has no idea when the moving company will be leaving from dallas. The fee upfront is just a brokerage fee to hand you over to the movers. 

It's nice out to sit in the evenings here. I'm still at the extended stay premier suites. Some people love here full time so it's like a community staying here where they already know each other. Some say they cant find affordable rentals, first last and a months rent, cheaper to stay here, they dont have 3 months rent saved up, or mold re mediation, their insurance is paying for them to live here. Another says in her wheelchair it's hard to find a place where she can just wheel into the shower.

I've got a stupid question. Every hotel survey asks me for a eco rating. I must be stupid but how would I know if a hotel is eco friendly. What am I looking for at a hotel that woukd make it eco friendly. I just check the box and say sure, but I really have no idea if a hotel behind the scenes is eco friendly. Are they asking about how the hotel does laundry? What would make a hotel eco friendly? A certain kind of furniture. I really dont understand the question. The kind of little tube of shampoo they give me in the shower? Wouldnt that be a demerit, plastic is bad?

That little boutique hotel I stayed at in Tallahassee I said wow the donuts were so good. I saw the same kind of mini donuts in publix. They are Krispy creme donuts. No wonder they tasted so good and I'm sure a million calories. 

Enjoy those grandchildren while they are young. Life is too short. 

• Like 5

Finally! Tyler Joseph made his appearance at 4:45 pm today weighing in at 8 lbs 2 oz.  Mom and baby are doing great.  Tyler is my SIL’s middle name and Joseph has a long history in both families.  Maybe now I can start trying to keep up with this thread again!

IMG_9921.thumb.jpeg.4b0803d41f0241b9a20dc58bb63b4263.jpeg

• Like 36

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Finally! Tyler Joseph made his appearance at 4:45 pm today weighing in at 8 lbs 2 oz.  Mom and baby are doing great.  Tyler is my SIL’s middle name and Joseph has a long history in both families.  Maybe now I can start trying to keep up with this thread again!

Hes a beauty, but I'm sure you know that already. So cute already. Enjoy. And congrats 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Flamingos too?  Really? 😲 

@Luckynana Maryann, congrats on William's achievement.  I enjoyed looking at his handsome picture twice.  Hope your eye feels better.

I was surprised to hear about flamingos too!  I love flamingos and have two flamingo statues in the house!

Thank you, Bonnie!🥰

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sunshine3601  + 1 🌺

@Luckynana

Maryann, + 1 on all counts ((( )))

Thank you, Dani!😘

How are you doing?🙏

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Congratulations to your grandson,his parents and loving grandparents.

Thank you so much, Lenny!😘

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congratulations to this outstanding young man. 

Thank you, Andrew!  How is Mr. Owen doing with his new wheels?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Congratulations on the new addition.  Wishing him a happy and healthy life, and hoping you have many enjoyable adventures with him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

New visitor to our backyard. Baby does not look very old at all. What a beautiful creature. 
IMG_4581.thumb.jpeg.2ff9e060269950ad2460d6f9df84ca33.jpeg

So little!!!!  I didn't realize that baby deer have so many spots on their coat!  So cute!

Speaking of so cute, we haven't seen pictures of Charlie and his sister for a while!🤔

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Congratulations all.  Looks like he's saying what are you all looking at, I waited for my perfect day.  Give him lots of hugs for all of us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Oh Deb, Tyler Joseph is so precious!!  So alert, too!  He's perfect!!!  Congratulations to you and Andy, and to your daughter, SIL, and granddaughters.  I'm glad that Mom is doing great!  Tyler is a good sized baby boy!!!  I am so happy for you all.  I wish so much happiness for you all!  Babies are the best!!!!👣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So little!!!!  I didn't realize that baby deer have so many spots on their coat!  So cute!

Speaking of so cute, we haven't seen pictures of Charlie and his sister for a while!🤔

Every fawn that I have seen has spots but as they grow older they disappear. This got me wondering why? I found this interesting information.

“Fawns are born with a reddish-brown coat and white spots that run in two lines from their ears to their tails, with other spots scattered on their flanks and bodies. The spots help camouflage them as they lie still on the forest floor or in fields, making it harder for predators to find them. By winter, the spots fade and the coat turns brown.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

We found a newborn a couple years ago. 

3A558B8A-A74B-4990-A647-394390BD57F7_Original.thumb.jpeg.897180e861519c30903a9ece02e53a5f.jpeg

The mother left it under a picnic table.  You can tell the size better when compared to Susan’s hand. 

IMG_7884_Original.thumb.jpeg.c9effb31735aa7d9089b1dfeed9035fb.jpeg

• Like 11

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

We found a newborn a couple years ago. 

3A558B8A-A74B-4990-A647-394390BD57F7_Original.thumb.jpeg.897180e861519c30903a9ece02e53a5f.jpeg

The mother left it under a picnic table.  You can tell the size better when compared to Susan’s hand. 

IMG_7884_Original.thumb.jpeg.c9effb31735aa7d9089b1dfeed9035fb.jpeg

Years ago, Our neighbors had a newborn in the kids playhouse in the back yard.  They called the game commission because they thought something was wrong with it.  Conservation Officer came and said it’s normal for Does to leave fawns in what they believe is a safe place while they go off and feed before nursing.  Eventually Mom came back and baby followed.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Congratulations 

• Thanks 1

Tyler Joseph is adorable!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Years ago, Our neighbors had a newborn in the kids playhouse in the back yard.  They called the game commission because they thought something was wrong with it.  Conservation Officer came and said it’s normal for Does to leave fawns in what they believe is a safe place while they go off and feed before nursing.  Eventually Mom came back and baby followed.

That was what we initially thought, and that is what they said.  The mother came back for it at the end of the day.  It was amazing how still it stayed.  

• Like 3

Our grandkids have a multi-level playhouse in their back yard.  Robins had built a nest in the upper level, and there are three eggs in it.  

When we came home from the movies today, there was a hawk perched on top of that level, and both robins were diving at the hawk, trying to drive it away. The kids got out of the car and ran to scare the hawk away from the nest.  

It probably doesn’t look good for those eggs, now that the hawk has discovered it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Tyler and congratulations to the family. Beautiful baby boy who will surrounded by love the rest of his life. Cheers to all of you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you so much, Arzeena!🥰

Thank you!😘  It was from the bug that was in my eye.  I went to the eye doctor the next morning and he prescribed antibiotic eye drops, but my eye went from irritated to huge stye both under and on top of my eyelid.  I was afraid my laser surgery for the following week might have to be postponed, but the surgeon said there'd be no problem with getting the laser done.  (What a piece of cake that was!😉 you don't feel anything!!)  Thank you for asking, Arzeena!

How have you been?

Styes do not grow that fast and are not due to infection. It sounds more like you had a chelazion. Just say'n'.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Congratulations!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2024 at 3:35 PM, dani negreanu said:

Lately, I've read lots of Nora Roberts' romantic novels for a light mood and to cheer me up -- Identity and Whiskey Beach were excellent, as well as Sophie Kinsella's "Party crasher"....

People are always surprised to find out that I pretty much exclusively read trashy romance novels, but I look at it the same way you are now -- reading is my "mental vacation" from the real world. (Reading was my coping method for surviving my childhood.)  There are so many unhappy things in the news these days, that it's nice to just read some "fluff" for a change of pace.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1