Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

@Sea Dog Greg, a biopsy while invasive and not something to have on your bucket list will give you more information to make treatment decisions. If negative continue with checking PSA, If positive, the Gleason Score will help guide further treatment decisions as you will know how aggressive the cancer is. This is obviously very worrying but it is not an emergency so take the time to make the right decision for you,

M

Thanks for your information. All these comments will help me in making a good decision.

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Greg, I hope you can avoid a biopsy.  One out of three I had done was a horror. Don’t know if you are on any drugs for it, but they double mine to figure what the actual psa would be without. 

Last time I was in, my doctor said it was up to me if I wanted to continue psa screening. He said they usually don’t recommend screening after 70, because any cancer would be slow growing, and you would die from something else before it became a problem.

I said I am healthy and plan to live at least another 25 years, so I still do the yearly screening.  

I’m 68. Maybe I should roll the dice.

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Glad to hear there was nothing glaring in the report Greg.  The biopsy won’t be pleasant for sure - we have a good friend who has one every year - but better to get a firm answer to know where things stand. I hope you start feeling better soon so you can enjoy a nice, well deserved cocktail!

Thanks Deb! No cocktail tonight need to be able to empty the ole bladder first. Very uncomfortable right now. Hopefully the anesthesia will get out my system to help me soon. Trying to avoid another trip to the ER to get a catheter put in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So if I'm extra worried about you forgive me, I'm a worrier. It's a fear I have of that in particular.

Thank you for your concern Jane. Isn’t it fun the older you get.😉

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Greg, I hope you can avoid a biopsy.  One out of three I had done was a horror. Don’t know if you are on any drugs for it, but they double mine to figure what the actual psa would be without. 

Last time I was in, my doctor said it was up to me if I wanted to continue psa screening. He said they usually don’t recommend screening after 70, because any cancer would be slow growing, and you would die from something else before it became a problem.

I said I am healthy and plan to live at least another 25 years, so I still do the yearly screening.  

That's what I just heard from my friend. His doctor said prostate cancer he has he would die of something else first.

I guess for me it would worry me to know i had cancer cells growing slow or not. You could say that about a lot of skin cancers too. If you are 100 great, the cancer is slow growing and something else will get you first .. I plan on living as long as I can. I am aware of the cures, but I would be worried saying oh let it go. But of course greg should do whatever he feels is best for him. 

• Like 2

Greg, I'm sure you're so glad that the MRI and the debacle of finding your vein is over.  I hate MRI's.  Also, trying to read the results on our own, and then googling what we're reading?  Good grief!  Every MRI I've had done says I have MS, among other things.  Neurologist said I don't have MS..of course, after googling, I have this symptom or that....🤔  I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry too much until after you see your Doctor.  Start your peeing, so you can have that Bourbon on the rocks!!!  Seriously, I wish you well, my friend.  I know all about anxieties...

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Greg, I'm sure you're so glad that the MRI and the debacle of finding your vein is over.  I hate MRI's.  Also, trying to read the results on our own, and then googling what we're reading?  Good grief!  Every MRI I've had done says I have MS, among other things.  Neurologist said I don't have MS..of course, after googling, I have this symptom or that....🤔  I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry too much until after you see your Doctor.  Start your peeing, so you can have that Bourbon on the rocks!!!  Seriously, I wish you well, my friend.  I know all about anxieties...

Oh how wish I could do my cruising with cocktails tonight. But I’m going to wait until my system wakes up from the anesthesia. It’s very frustrating going to the bathroom every 5 minutes. I will say all the doctors and nurses were awesome. I felt very embarrassed about my anxieties and claustrophobia but they reassured me that I am not alone. Many people have the same issues.

• Like 11

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am still trying to wrap my head around some of these crazy prices in California, since they created that high minimum wage for fast food workers.  

We ordered this for a lunch one day our grandson was home from school early.  What a $37 pizza looks like.  

IMG_1323.thumb.jpeg.5c47a92486be01ca72f0bf8a8c8b4871.jpeg

I was not impressed.  

Last night, we decided to order in five meals from Chick Fil A.  Total cost for five chicken sandwiches, a drink and a side was $140.   I don’t know how these places will keep in business. 

image.gif.e5732d0f2c1778153496873a63a7a61b.gif

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

That's a really big kitty!

And it’s funny that when she was a mischievous kitten we named her Denise the Menise (feminine form of Dennis the Menace) but as she grew older she’s less a menise so I call her Minnie.  That’s not “Mini.”

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We went to our favorite restaurant for lunch (we do lunch there most Fridays) they have 4 dollar martinis at lunch time . We go here a lot , when we were introduced to the new manager several years ago the owner told him we were there best customer. I told manager a few weeks ago they and almost every bar in the area doesn’t have my favorite drink Johnny Walker Gold , today bartender showed us a bottle of Gold that I will have at least one on Sunday our next visit . 

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Happy  Bourbon Day 🥃 😀

Having a bit of Woodford Reserve Double Oak this evening.  

I’ll have one for you Greg @Sea Dog Hope everything works out for you!

IMG_3365.thumb.jpeg.b3a4ee916c0e9dbe5afd99beb16ce5a6.jpeg

That looks very tasty. I may have to postpone until tomorrow night. Cheers my friend!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, George C said:

We went to our favorite restaurant for lunch (we do lunch there most Fridays) they have 4 dollar martinis at lunch time . We go here a lot , when we were introduced to the new manager several years ago the owner told him we were there best customer. I told manager a few weeks ago they and almost every bar in the area doesn’t have my favorite drink Johnny Walker Gold , today bartender showed us a bottle of Gold that I will have at least one on Sunday our next visit . 

I love it when you have relationships like that. We go to a great Italian restaurant where I know the owner. He always sends over some complimentary lemoncello and sometimes will surprise us with a fresh unique side dish that he whips up in the kitchen.

• Like 9

Leave tomorrow morning for LBI.  Yippee!!   

We were going to start packing our cars while still light out but mother nature stopped that plan.  Nasty thunderstorms with downpours passed through.  Kitties are all wound up with the storms and seeing us pack.  Poor babies

• Like 13

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Leave tomorrow morning for LBI.  Yippee!!   

We were going to start packing our cars while still light out but mother nature stopped that plan.  Nasty thunderstorms with downpours passed through.  Kitties are all wound up with the storms and seeing us pack.  Poor babies

Safe travels wished for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I love it when you have relationships like that. We go to a great Italian restaurant where I know the owner. He always sends over some complimentary lemoncello and sometimes will surprise us with a fresh unique side dish that he whips up in the kitchen.

We don't get restaurant perks..but the owner of the termite company did buy us a new bathroom vanity, countertop/sink and backsplash for the bathroom repair/remodel. LOL 😄 I was his government pesticide inspector since he started the company, and we did have a good working relationship. ☺️

I couldn't have accepted it back then, but as a retired person I can. (And with great thanks) 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Our favorite Italian restaurant closed a few years ago we went there weekly for 30 years, owner chef was a fellow Sicilian who is still a great friend, we have had a monthly poker game for last 20 years, luckily he was a better chef than a poker player. Now I don’t know of a restaurant that has better sauce than we can cook at home , that’s one of the reasons I love my New York City trios.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Happy  Bourbon Day 🥃 😀

Having a bit of Woodford Reserve Double Oak this evening.  

I’ll have one for you Greg @Sea Dog Hope everything works out for you!

IMG_3365.thumb.jpeg.b3a4ee916c0e9dbe5afd99beb16ce5a6.jpeg

Woodford Double Oaked is a nice one!  I like OF 1910 also on the double oaked side.  I haven't had the Peerless DO yet, but have heard good things about that.

I myself am having a pour of WT Rare Breed...one of my Friday night go-to's.

• Like 3

I worked so hard Wednesday helping the movers I didnt do much yesterday, but today I opened a few boxes.  My back says stop, no more.

I am sure I am missing my 6 ft step ladder. It's not a expensive item, bought at harbor freight. Its listed separately on the bill of lading and I didnt notice until today no step ladder. I use it to change light bulbs for instance in the ceiling fans. I dont really need a 6 ft here, but did at the house. I dont think there is any way its packed in a box, though I've only opened 1 of 7 wardrobe boxes. The other boxes are smaller. I listed some broken stuff on the bill of lading but didnt realize the step ladder is missing. I got a reply about filing a claim and told I have 90 days to file the claim but once filed I cant add stuff later. She said wait until I've gone over everything. 

Lol ray the maintenance man here helped me run a few boxes I've been using down to bldg A, I got some from some delivery guys Monday. He said its Friday,  I need to wait for a pick up before I dispose of more boxes. I've reached my limit lol. I cant hog the whole bin. Next week I can get rid of a few more boxes.

I'm missing my 6 feet step ladder I bought at harbor freight. I cant see this fitting into a box, im pretty sure its stolen ..missing. 

20240614_231510857.jpeg

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 6