Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

OMG … Pork Belly  burnt ends turned out amazing.  Soo good.  Big fan of this recipe.

IMG_3393.thumb.jpeg.f6b7ac73315af26594c87951e45f16c1.jpeg

IMG_3394.thumb.jpeg.3af515ab872e817b8393556e470d9850.jpeg

Those pork belly burnt ends look delicious!  So much yummy food being posted here atm 🤤

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When we were in California, we received an email offer from Kennywood Amusement Park that included tickets, preferred parking, and food vouchers.  So we bought six, and told our daughter to bring her two to the park.  What better way to spend a 90°+ day than with coasters and water rides.  

And so, it begins.  The kids map out their plan of attack. 

IMG_1359.thumb.jpeg.20b92a57224cef54d706651d072bab49.jpeg

One of the favorites for the day was the Pittsburgh Plunge. 

IMG_1376.thumb.jpeg.099c4a598d06be9e6c5a03bf3669f2ce.jpeg

You get just as wet standing here, as you do on the ride. 

IMG_1378.thumb.jpeg.c6952998e2d1ad7675a3ee3a989129d0.jpeg

I thought there would have been big crowds and long lines, but at times it felt like we had the park to ourselves. 

IMG_1403.thumb.jpeg.d10571e9790cf2b874e317d7cf7800a3.jpeg

Lots of coaster rides too, but the kids want to stick with the wooden coasters only. 

IMG_1406.thumb.jpeg.56a45e1164d1386e5f1ecc5c89d56931.jpeg

Kennywood, always a good time. 

IMG_1413.thumb.jpeg.83d56975216d96def9f0daf9fd3ca59c.jpeg

• Like 26

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

When we were in California, we received an email offer from Kennywood Amusement Park that included tickets, preferred parking, and food vouchers.  So we bought six, and told our daughter to bring her two to the park.  What better way to spend a 90°+ day than with coasters and water rides.  

And so, it begins.  The kids map out their plan of attack. 

IMG_1359.thumb.jpeg.20b92a57224cef54d706651d072bab49.jpeg

One of the favorites for the day was the Pittsburgh Plunge. 

IMG_1376.thumb.jpeg.099c4a598d06be9e6c5a03bf3669f2ce.jpeg

You get just as wet standing here, as you do on the ride. 

IMG_1378.thumb.jpeg.c6952998e2d1ad7675a3ee3a989129d0.jpeg

I thought there would have been big crowds and long lines, but at times it felt like we had the park to ourselves. 

Lots of coaster rides too, but the kids want to stick with the wooden coasters only. 

IMG_1406.thumb.jpeg.56a45e1164d1386e5f1ecc5c89d56931.jpeg

Kennywood, always a good time. 

IMG_1413.thumb.jpeg.83d56975216d96def9f0daf9fd3ca59c.jpeg

I'll make my regular request early this year...will you adopt me?

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

After a full day at Kennywood, we headed to the Waterfront for supper.  

IMG_1416.thumb.jpeg.06dc7abd9799785f1e0e1d6897c270a2.jpeg

Our destination was Storming Crab.  The kids were excited, because they could write on the walls.  

Not sure if he heard about the benefits of oysters, but this one ordered a plate full. 

IMG_1421.thumb.jpeg.86f42f077fdcb2db112670c30983cda1.jpeg

And, of course, some good seafood

IMG_1423.thumb.jpeg.f5da5c5daa1783b884370dbef9a7b6fa.jpeg

There might have also been some adult beverages ordered. 

IMG_1417.thumb.jpeg.89e9d7149098e9a27769c7c85c7a36c6.jpeg

On the lobster, outside the entrance, there might be a message that says “Daryl was here”

By the way, drinks and meals for the six of us here was less than our five Chick Fil A sandwich meals in CA.   I know which I prefer. 

• Like 16

We’re on the last and hottest day of a mini heat wave here. It’s supposed to be 92 today, so I plan on some time in the pool on my lounger, reading.  We had the pool heater running last week but with temperatures around 90 the past few days, the water feels like bath water. 
Speaking of food and smoked burnt ends, Andy bought an electric smoker a couple of months ago and finally got around to trying it last night.  He did a small roaster, using a beer can chicken recipe. It turned out fantastic, so moist and flavorful.  I can’t wait to try more recipes.  IMG_2063.thumb.jpeg.8f2d4628da29992244e55a754c44ed01.jpeg

@Sea Dog congrats on your Tiki cocktail selection! 

@h20skibum Your CA grandson looks quite grownup now.  I look forward to following along on your Summer of Fun 4.0 adventures and will take some inspiration from you. We’ll have our three PA grandsons for a week in August and I’m already planning activities.  Pool time, possibly a beach day, a visit to Battleship Cove in nearby MA, an adventure park in CT, trying out different ice cream parlors around RI.  Finding things to entertain the age ranges is a challenge, they’ll be 13, 11 and 7.  Needless to say, I’ll be taking notes on what you do!

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 18

14 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Pork Belly Burnt Ends are started on the smoker.  This is my first time trying this cut of meat and recipe so hopefully it turns out ok.

Earlier today I made a batch of potato & cheese pierogies.  😋

IMG_3389.thumb.jpeg.fff144d3f357a9defb3f14148804e99b.jpeg

When can I come bye please,and can I bring some boxes for pierogies leftovers? SO GOOD! Yum!😁

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re on the last and hottest day of a mini heat wave here. It’s supposed to be 92 today, so I plan on some time in the pool on my lounger, reading.  We had the pool heater running last week but with temperatures around 90 the past few days, the water feels like bath water. 
Speaking of food and smoked burnt ends, Andy bought an electric smoker a couple of months ago and finally got around to trying it last night.  He did a small roaster, using a beer can chicken recipe. It turned out fantastic, so moist and flavorful.  I can’t wait to try more recipes.  IMG_2063.thumb.jpeg.8f2d4628da29992244e55a754c44ed01.jpeg

@h20skibum Your CA grandson looks quite grownup now.  I look forward to following along on your Summer of Fun 4.0 adventures and will take some inspiration from you. We’ll have our three PA grandsons for a week in August and I’m already planning activities.  Pool time, possibly a beach day, a visit to Battleship Cove in nearby MA, an adventure park in CT, trying out different ice cream parlors around RI.  Finding things to entertain the age ranges is a challenge, they’ll be 13, 11 and 7.  Needless to say, I’ll be taking notes on what you do!

I really like Battleship Cove. Stayed overnight once on the battleship. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Well, we finally made it back from California.  We had that early flight on Tuesday morning, so we had to grab some breakfast at the airport and pay for some more of that high price California food.  

Three breakfast sandwiches with home fries and drink for $100

IMG_1346.thumb.jpeg.ec61e6cbd332bf05d22c9992ab9b697c.jpeg

Thank goodness we returned to the land of more reasonable prices.  Time for supper at Burgatory.  

IMG_1350.thumb.jpeg.eb55faad0531cca4204117a546107ccf.jpeg

Yeah, there was actually more than a milkshake, but it made the best photo.  

Next, it was time for some pool time workout

IMG_3246.thumb.jpeg.9d8aa1b3a5c3d4c4aa5c2ae59f20f9d0.jpeg

We decided to stay the night in Pittsburgh, even though our flight got in around 4 in the afternoon.  Why?

It was time to hit the ground running for the kick off of Summer of fun 4.0. 

He looks so grown up this year!

I am looking forward to your summer of fun reports.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Your CA grandson looks quite grownup now.  I look forward to following along on your Summer of Fun 4.0 adventures and will take some inspiration from you. We’ll have our three PA grandsons for a week in August and I’m already planning activities.  Pool time, possibly a beach day, a visit to Battleship Cove in nearby MA, an adventure park in CT, trying out different ice cream parlors around RI.  Finding things to entertain the age ranges is a challenge, they’ll be 13, 11 and 7.  Needless to say, I’ll be taking notes on what you do!

That sounds like a fun time.

More things that we have planned this summer is a cruise with them on Utopia (with Daryl, of course), and a week at Disney with our CA grandson.   Also, our normal week at Myrtle Beach with all of them.

The one advantage of being in California was I was able to check us in to the cruise at 9:00 pm, so I didn’t have to stay up till midnight.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'll make my regular request early this year...will you adopt me?

Get in line mister!
Lot of "grandchildren" in line before you.😁🤣 I wonder if Mark and Susan are accepting applications for adult grand children yet?

• Haha 7

29 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

He looks so grown up this year!

All those grandkids are growing up too fast.   We wonder how long it will be before they don’t want to spend time with the old folks anymore.  

By the way, my pro tip for doing those water rides where you get soaked.  Put you wallet, and put your car fobs in a zip lock bag in a zipper pocket in cargo shorts.  It keeps them dry.  

Yes, we do ride every ride with them because we are still kids at heart.  

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Looks great!  I’ve never tried that method.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Lots of coaster rides too, but the kids want to stick with the wooden coasters 

That roller-coaster looks like it was designed by Picasso. 😃

Old wooden coasters are the best. The creaky, clickety clack sounds, safety bar thats not quite tight enough & splintered wood gives the impression it's going to collapse at any time. Far scarier than any of the modern steel coasters with upside-down loops.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

That roller-coaster looks like it was designed by Picasso. 😃

Old wooden coasters are the best. The creaky, clickety clack sounds, safety bar thats not quite tight enough & splintered wood gives the impression it's going to collapse at any time. Far scarier than any of the modern steel coasters with upside-down loops.

I am not sure what the issues are with that steel coaster, but it has been closed for a year.  They still have a couple other steel ones that are open, along with the three wooden ones.  

• Like 2

Where better to spend a 95 degree day than in a giant frying pan known as Yankee Stadium with 50,000 other hot sweaty souls.

20240619_1914252.thumb.jpg.f3efc29f37f5efbcc9fa3193e41b1515.jpg

Honoring Willy May's

20240619_185725.thumb.jpg.f886ae15284e4881adb4dd1e0b7be346.jpg

An almost full moon & finally some relief from the heat.

20240619_205551.thumb.jpg.54431f4007fa11577f2ab4f116d87c38.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I don’t like roller coasters anymore but DH will still do them.  Our 45th is Sunday and we’re going back to Branson to celebrate.  It has completely changed since our honeymoon there.  We usually take some grands with us but this time we’ll be on our own.  It’s supposed to be in the high 90’s so I’m pretty sure we’ll find a wet ride to cool down on. There’s also a cave that might sound good for an afternoon. 

• Like 12

On 6/18/2024 at 9:04 PM, firefly333 said:

I dont know about bocce court. I heart the tennis courts are pickle ball these days.  I used to play tennis and won for all of dallas back in the day, which is why I got too much sun, playing too much tennis in the hot sun no hat. 

I went out to buy a swim noodle for water aerobics and then publix so i didnt even get to Sandbsr Bar and grill until 6 pm.

I got home and tried to call the cancel utilities in my name. Just missed their hours. Ooops and it says closed tomorrow for holiday. Schedule a call back Thursday. 

Title company called while I was down inquiring about bridge. We funded today, closed, finished. The moving company reached out and I know from experience I'm not going to get much, I settled for $400. Hardly pay for the new 6 ft ladder, a new vacuum etc. I used to live in boca Florida and worked disputes for amex. Believe it or not they required a college degree, paid little but paid for health care. Getting insurance was why I took the job. Anyway, moving disputes are the very very worst of any disputes. I maybe could have pushed for another $100 but she offered 300, I said 500 and we agreed on 400. Unless I had insured individual pieces separately they pay damages by weight. Bill of lading says this, i know from doing disputes for other people moving is almost impossible. Me doing a claim and taking pictures and all that I wasnt going to get what the cost was. I'm ready to move on with my new life. A claim for damages by the lb wasnt going to get me what my antiques are worth undamaged. You have to take out insurance on each piece individually.  

I went to John's sandbar bar and grill about 6 and boy is it busy. I got baha fish tacos. Shhh.,dont tell john but I prefer crunchy tacos not soft. They were ok, but not to die for. It sure is popular. MSC cruise was in town. The girls in front of me at the beach stores where I went to get a pool noodle were off a msc cruise. Lol she thought it was luxury. Ok lol. I got 3 new tee shirts hahaha. Cant turn me loose lately or I'm spending. How could I resist tee shirts that said space coast. Hope they dont shrink too much. Finest quality I'm sure .....not!  My dad worked for NASA couldn't resist.,

You can see my purple pool noodle in the background of the fish tacos. I'm not quit sure how one does crunches with a pool noodle I was late this morning. Now I'm ready for thursday class. Does this pool noodle look extra skinny? I havent had one in years, but this looks skinny to me. Going to look awful but I'm going to join in. Still 6 of 7 wardrobe boxes to unpack but no hurry. I can't take all the boxes down same week anyway. Small price to pay to live here. So move claim settled and house sold and funded late today. Done and done. Bridge tomorrow. I hope. I see it's a holiday. Couldnt remove utilities from my name, closed until thursday. 

Baha fish tacos john was always raving about and you can see my noodle.. life is good. 

20240618_184129.jpg

Excellent news!    Congratulations.    I hope you have a great day with meeting more new people and exploring.

11 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I don’t like roller coasters anymore but DH will still do them.  Our 45th is Sunday and we’re going back to Branson to celebrate.  It has completely changed since our honeymoon there.  We usually take some grands with us but this time we’ll be on our own.  It’s supposed to be in the high 90’s so I’m pretty sure we’ll find a wet ride to cool down on. There’s also a cave that might sound good for an afternoon. 

There is a great steakhouse in Branson I highly recommend. It’s called level 2 Steakhouse in the Hilton convention center. I had best seared ahi tuna appetizer I had ever eaten there. Also you are presented with a box of custom crafted steak knives for you to choose for cutting. Very classy place.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

All those grandkids are growing up too fast.   We wonder how long it will be before they don’t want to spend time with the old folks anymore.  

with the relationship that you have with your grandkids I don't think that will ever happen, too many amazing memories with you, they will want to keep going on vacation with you,

• Like 8

Yesterday I went to the office in Buckingham boy was it getting hot there.    left at 6:30 am and was back at shore house around 8:30 pm.    Was a long day but got a lot done. 

Had an issue with a farmer loosing his load of hale bays from his truck on rte 529 near Warren Grove area.   Not the usual type of traffic jam😅

Today we are expecting a high of 78F with sunny skies and light wind on the beach.    Perfect place to beat the heat.

Our last day of peace and quiet before family starts arriving tomorrow.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They are. I have seen them in the Windjammer before. The problem is they are so good that I keep eating them and then there is no room for anything else. Sometimes I will ladle some tomato sauce on them if there is any around.

I love love Pierogies.    My Nana and Mom made them all the time.   I'll have to make them soon. 

Never had with tomato sauce, will have to try to that. 

I usually saute with butter, onion and garlic(sometimes).

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

OMG … Pork Belly  burnt ends turned out amazing.  Soo good.  Big fan of this recipe.

IMG_3393.thumb.jpeg.f6b7ac73315af26594c87951e45f16c1.jpeg

IMG_3394.thumb.jpeg.3af515ab872e817b8393556e470d9850.jpeg

They look mouth watering delicious.   They would disappear quick in my house.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love love Pierogies.    My Nana and Mom made them all the time.   I'll have to make them soon. 

Never had with tomato sauce, will have to try to that. 

I usually saute with butter, onion and garlic(sometimes).

I like tomato sauce on everything.🤷‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Haha 4