Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 4/1/2024 at 11:53 AM, ReneeFLL said:

@Ocean Boy If you remember what we talked about, it's happening on April 16th. 😑

19 hours ago, derorim said:

I had to search back to see that you mentioned you had TKR surgery.  I'm considering the same.  My concern is timing between trips we have planned.  In your situation, is 12 weeks enough time to get recovered sufficiently to cruise?  I know everyone's experience is different so I can't bank on yours, but I thought I'd ask.  Anyone else is welcome to chime in (@Sea Dog).

I didn’t really mention it on here earlier, except for a cryptic message to @Ocean Boy on April 1st. Unfortunately, we don’t have a cruise for another month, but I’m ready to go now and was even earlier. I hope yours comes out like mine. I guess I will find out just how ready I will be if I have to walk up a lot of inclining terrain next month.

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If I were you I would be very careful about stepping on @Arzeena 's toes when her nails are freshly painted. She might not be as good natured about it.

Too funny!!

52 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Just you wait till I meet you on a cruise with your fresh painted nails!😁😉😆

It will snow on St. Maarten before my nails ever get painted.

• Haha 15

On 7/4/2024 at 2:13 PM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Shoes of the day from Amsterdam 

IMG_0317.thumb.jpeg.a2a9db6f02551cea99233791b878b58d.jpeg

IMG_0320.thumb.jpeg.bb4c499e425386289fc0aa20e1105be3.jpeg

Where in Amsterdam are those at? We didn’t see any that big last year.

Edited by ReneeFLL

19 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I didn’t really mention it on here earlier, except for a cryptic message to @Ocean Boy on April 1st. Unfortunately, we don’t have a cruise for another month, but I’m ready to go now and was even earlier. I hope yours comes out like mine. I guess I will find out just how ready I will be if I have to walk up a lot of inclining terrain next month.

You have anything booked for this coming winter?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Hope you feel great now and knees are as good as new.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

…I had no idea you had knee surgery, was it a TKR?

Yes, back on April 16th. Years ago I had a torn meniscus done on that knee. Unfortunately, this time it had to be a TKR. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

HA HA HA......😁

Now my good doc has not heard of Revenge in a Bottle, and he does seem to snooze/relax on the lounge chairs in the Solarium on his cruise? hmmmm....(yes, I have heard too many of those port talks !!!!!!!)
Noooooo, do not worry, I would never dare!😁.....I promise, honest. Just Kidding.

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Where in Amsterdam are those at? We didn’t see any that big last year.

I saw similar huge ones in Curacao and St Maarten at the cheese guy's!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@ReneeFLL  Glad to hear you are doing well post TKR.  I worked at a physical therapy office for 5 years and in my opinion, it takes a good 4-6 months to feel better so, YAY!  

Thanks, I’m very happy with the outcome.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well.  Stairs and inclining terrain are the two things that are leading me to consider TKR.  Sounds like I'll have to deal with those for a while after surgery too, but hopefully not for too long.  Let us know how you do on your cruise next month.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I know since I asked if I could do them on our last cruise. 👣 😆

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I saw your post months ago about getting an injection in your knee and then the cryptic date message to OB saying you got a date.  I figured you had TKR when I saw a different message saying you were at 105 or something close to that. 🙂 I am happy that had good results and are ready to cruise soon.😀

• Like 4

I don’t think I have posted for a couple days.  

Friday, Susan and I worked a funeral dinner for a young (40 year old) man who was killed on his motorcycle when a car pulled out in front to him.  He had three young sons.  The dinner was hectic and stressful, because we were told we would be cooking for, and serving 50.  We did a lot of scrambling when 153 showed up. We had to call a few more in to help, and cooked and bought more food.  

Our grandson spent time with his cousins, while we were busy.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Yesterday, I won’t even talk about our trip to Med Express, tests, x-rays, prescriptions, etc., but all turned out ok.  Our CA grandson has had a persistent cough, so we wanted to make sure he was good to travel.  It is, after all, the Summer of Fun. 

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday, I won’t even talk about our trip to Med Express, tests, x-rays, prescriptions, etc., but all turned out ok.  Our CA grandson has had a persistent cough, so we wanted to make sure he was good to travel.  It is, after all, the Summer of Fun. 

Good to hear it turned out okay for your grandson.  I hope he's feeling better today after starting a prescription for his cough.  When will you all begin your travels??

Does anyone know a website that will let you break up a road trip such as what we are considering?  Something that would easily tell you what is say 300 miles from a point then 300 from that point.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oh my, I can't imagine anything worse than the Cross Bronx Expressway during rush hour. Whoever named that road "Expressway" was doing drugs. 

Especially when a Yankees home game lets out!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Good to hear it turned out okay for your grandson.  I hope he's feeling better today after starting a prescription for his cough.  When will you all begin your travels??

We are already there.   Spending the week here.  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Does anyone know a website that will let you break up a road trip such as what we are considering?  Something that would easily tell you what is say 300 miles from a point then 300 from that point.....

John, not exactly a website, but you could look at the Waze app and see how it routes your trip.  Then just look at third points, and map it that way.  That is how we do our drives to Florida, although we already know where to stop based on our prior trips.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

John, not exactly a website, but you could look at the Waze app and see how it routes your trip.  Then just look at third points, and map it that way.  That is how we do our drives to Florida, although we already know where to stop based on our prior trips.  

48 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You might want to look at travelmath .  com  or google maps app has a feature measure miles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2