Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

50 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Belgian chocolates are delicious. I was never in Belgium but a friend was there and raved about the chocolates.

40 minutes ago, davekathy said:

@grapau27 should chime in here as he is our resident expert on chocolates. 🍫

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Dave.

Belgian chocolates are delicious.

As with the Belgian waffles, I "have to agree" also about the Belgian chocolates, especially Neuhaus and Leonidas.

Before arriving in Belgium, I heard only about Godiva.

The custom was that whenever a new family was relocated to Brussels, one of the "veterans" will show the newbies the ropes in the first days. When I asked to be shown where is the nearest Godiva shop, I was told: "Nooo, there are much better than Godiva", and was taken to Leonidas.

Never looked back....😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I do not have any souvenirs from the 1964 Worlds Fair ,not even pictures.

I have a ladies head scarf, and a mercury dime that you could buy at the stand near the mercury capsule.

Lost my kiddie rings.

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Mrs. Maisel is a fantastic show & I might re-watch the first 3 seasons while waiting for it to come back.

I didn't know they were working on a season 4 - excited to hear that. 

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

She said she took the role to avoid being typecast as Alexis Rose.

I could see why she wanted to do that and the show kevin can F himself, should help with that. 

3 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

20210807_164206.thumb.jpg.06f69f3037fbf34288c43c17e592b433.jpg20210807_170744.thumb.jpg.f1825f610a06ff58c566b36830ed1584.jpg

20210807_171138.thumb.jpg.8ecbc13b76f5d87d521709251c774720.jpg

What is the name of this adorable town?    

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I didn't know they were working on a season 4 - excited to hear that. 

I could see why she wanted to do that and the show kevin can F himself, should help with that. 

What is the name of this adorable town?    

Solvang. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

The town's name is Solvang . Which is supposed to mean "Sunny Fields". If you Google the towns name or search on YouTube, you will find lots of info.

Basically every store in the town has Denmark feel to it.  They called themselves the Danish capital of US.

Just saw your response earlier today.     Beautiful, I will add to my list of places to visit.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

There were massive thunderstorms in NYC,parts of NJ and PA last night.

Yes, there were several storms that rolled thru my area in PA.    One felt like it was right on top of the house as it shook with the thunder.     My Mother always told me as a little girl that was my GrandFather bowling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had to give up chocolate ,wine and several kinds of cheeses.

I cannot drink alcohol due to another medical problem.

Sorry to hear that. I don't know what I would do if I had to give up chocolate. That is my weakness.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

You are welcome Dave.

I have often eaten at least half a pound of chocolate before we get back to the ship.😋

Graham...while the chocolates look phenomenal, please tell me about the salmon sandwiches you and Pauline have been eating lately on your pleasant outings.  I love smoked salmon, and I love cooked salmon, both for dinner, and cold as leftovers (when there is a leftover piece), but I've never had a salmon sandwich!  Please tell me about them.  It is cooked salmon, or smoked salmon?  What do you put on the sandwich?  Any condiments?  Cream cheese?  Any special kind of bread or rolls that you make the sandwich on?  I'm very curious and I would probably very much like one!😁 TIA!!!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Talk about being a kid in a candy store. I would go nuts in there. So many choices...yummmm.

There is a store in NY that sells candies that were popular in the 1950’s.A huge store full of delicious candy.My wife and I went there in 2015.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Did you see what I posted about my parents being there ? They were at an exhibit predicting what the future would be like.

We could have been five feet away from them!

My mother had 7 siblings, all unmarried for several years after my parents married. 
Consequently, when we were on Long Island, I was taken everywhere. 
I remember being on the roof of the RCA Bldg, now 30 Rock. Being dragged down subway steps…my uncles always ran in case there was a train about to leave. 
Visiting Radio City Music Hall backstage, 

eating a hot dog at The Orange Room (My Uncle Hugo’s name for Nedicks).

• Like 6

Just now, jagsfan said:

We could have been five feet away from them!

My mother had 7 siblings, all unmarried for several years after my parents married. 
Consequently, when we were on Long Island, I was taken everywhere. 
I remember being on the roof of the RCA Bldg, now 30 Rock. Being dragged down subway steps…my uncles always ran in case there was a train about to leave. 
Visiting Radio City Music Hall backstage, 

eating a hot dog at The Orange Room (My Uncle Hugo’s name for Nedicks).

I remember Nedicks being referred to as the Orange Room.

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

As with the Belgian waffles, I "have to agree" also about the Belgian chocolates, especially Neuhaus and Leonidas.

Before arriving in Belgium, I heard only about Godiva.

The custom was that whenever a new family was relocated to Brussels, one of the "veterans" will show the newbies the ropes in the first days. When I asked to be shown where is the nearest Godiva shop, I was told: "Nooo, there are much better than Godiva", and was taken to Leonidas.

Never looked back....😉

Whenever I was in Brussels, I had a standing order to stop at the Neuhaus shop on the Grand Place.  I agree that they make outstanding chocolate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had a standing order to stop at the Neuhaus shop

Just curious -- were you buying an "assortiment" or specific pralines?

For me, only one covered in white with creme fraiche and a walnut on top.

From Leonidas -- the same with creme fraiche, with a hazelnut inside.... one kilo every time.

• Like 3