Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Just curious -- were you buying an "assortiment" or specific pralines?

For me, only one covered in white with creme fraiche and a walnut on top.

From Leonidas -- the same with creme fraiche, with a hazelnut inside.... one kilo every time.

I'd go with an assortment that has a mix of chocolate types.  Easy box to carry home and makes everyone happy.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

These arrived a few days ago. 90th birthday gift for my Swiss neighbor at the beach.

20210811_195007.thumb.jpg.55689e7511f5c6ed1fc64b617179871d.jpg

Direct ship from Switzerland, so I got 3 boxes. Shipping was about half the cost of the chocolates. 

They are pure awesomeness 

I agree John.

Swiss chocolates are awesome.

This is my favourite box of Swiss chocolates.

Screenshot_20210812_130457.jpg

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Battleship Cove is really awesome. I've been many times and I camped overnight once on the battleship with a scout troop. A lot of the visit does involve inside time exploring the ships. If you are looking to spend most of your time outside that might not be the place.

Have you considered a day trip to Block Island? I really enjoy biking around the island as well as the boat ride. Of course, that is just my thought.

Block Island is an excellent idea, thanks -just don’t know if I have the stamina to bike around the island!  Also the boys have some minor motion sickness, they wear the wrist band things on a long car ride. Not sure how they’d do on the ferry.  I am going to discuss with my DD though because we also considered a boat tour around Newport. 

• Like 2

On 8/10/2021 at 2:16 AM, grapau27 said:

I too hope Pat and Bucky @island ladyare safe and well and looking forward to hearing from their lovely adventures.

Graham.

Yup, just WIFI poor signal.  Snagged one this morning, but it won't last.  Enjoying the wilds of far north Maine, but looking forward to "real civilization" when we transfer again on the 21st.  Full WIFI next cottage.  🙂 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, just WIFI poor signal.  Snagged one this morning, but it won't last.  Enjoying the wilds of far north Maine, but looking forward to "real civilization" when we transfer again on the 21st.  Full WIFI next cottage.  🙂 

Lovely to hear you are both well and enjoying your time in Maine Pat.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

These arrived a few days ago. 90th birthday gift for my Swiss neighbor at the beach.

20210811_195007.thumb.jpg.55689e7511f5c6ed1fc64b617179871d.jpg

Direct ship from Switzerland, so I got 3 boxes. Shipping was about half the cost of the chocolates. 

They are pure awesomeness 

Lindt chocolate is my favorite.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

What are the round things that could have been English Muffins if they weren’t black?

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@harryfat1  I was wondering the same thing.  Looks like English Muffins with cheese and basil on top.

58 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I think they are egg bites with spinach and bacon.

55 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I thought they looked like small quiche. 

My "bet" is on small quiche with spinach.... 😉

• Like 5

Speaking of Swiss chocolates...

I have a cousin in Germany, who is like a little sister to me [we're both only daughters].

One of her sons is working as in internist in a Zurich hospital.

He knows how much I like chocolates and every time he visits [that is, sometime b4 Covid...], he brings me those....

@grapau27

Are you familiar with? He's buying them by the "meter" 😉

IMG_6430.jpg

• Like 7

Tomorrow evening we will be celebrating the birthday of my youngest granddaughter.She will be 13 on Saturday and is spending that day with her many friends.

Tomorrow,she and family ,including my grand puppy will be in my house for an immediate family celebration.The cousin of my grand puppy,my grand dog will also be here with his humans.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I'm thinking a small spinach quiche??

Many are guessing spinach which is something I have to stay away from.  I become a kidney stone machine if I have something high in oxalate.  I had to give up a favorite, southern black tea.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Not really sad to say, Owen’s ball game was canceled tonight. Heavy rains and thunderstorms in the area. First pitch was 8:30, and we had to leave at 6:30 so I’m happy to be relaxing at home.

A few pics from the last couple days. Wildlife from around the yard, other than Lucy. 

06A1433F-00AF-4D32-8BD9-574884D65A62.thumb.jpeg.5352e56b8a0b9ba46892895450159dad.jpeg

3C065B4A-3231-483B-B86A-98B43AFDF7C9.thumb.jpeg.ef92018f84042a4b08a71dbe9350c3ac.jpeg

Wow Andrew!  Once again, great pictures!  I love the colors on the snail.  Beautiful sunset!

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@Momof3gurlzenjoy that time with your grandsons. 

We are now down to short time with our CA grandson.  Today was peach day.  Took all the grandkids to a fruit farm where they learned about peaches, including the proper way to pick them. 

6DFC3288-FC97-45F8-B291-AF05A34E16FC.thumb.jpeg.c8e52808104f2ec135d92c81f8207b13.jpeg

They all had small bags they picked, and they must have paid attention because they were all sweet. 

65D48D98-11EF-472D-8473-F0146AC693B7.thumb.jpeg.1ebd1295cf68d2ca36dfc02b6bb3cec2.jpeg

C4ED383A-FAE3-47B0-9045-29BD88139316.thumb.jpeg.9a85c62db8a2a91c72ba9837e7f7ffa6.jpeg

Afternoon plans were changed from boating to an indoor get together when some heavy storms came through. 

Our elderly neighbor brought a bag of peaches to us from his peach tree yesterday.  

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I thought they looked like small quiche. 

I was going to say +1, but it's starting to look like +2!

17 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

TSOTD is Labadee Haiti ,my favorite private island.I bought the shirt many years ago and wear it every time I go back basically to say “Do not try to sell me anything.I have been here before.”

At the moment mine is my Disney World Mickey Mouse shirt.  I am about to go water the garden before it gets hotter.  It’s 89 now but is supposed to hit 98 in a couple hours.  Accuweather is saying it’s extremely humid.