Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That sounds like an amazing trip!

We had a great time: We saw mostly all the places below from the movie.  The Falls that you saw in the background during the Baseball Game was amazing !

http://twilightgirlportland.com/multnomah-fallsbaseball-field-view/

We went to Cannon Beach too, where one of the beach scenes was filmed from the movie.

The actual places where Twilight was filmed take place in both Oregon and Washington so you’ll have to plan your time accordingly. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, we were only able to visit locations in Oregon:

• The Swan house (St. Helens)
  • Parking lot where Edward saves Bella (St. Helens)
  • Thunderbird & Whale Bookstore (St. Helens)
  • Alley (St. Helens)
  • Bloated Toad restaurant (St. Helens)
  • Petite Jolie – Angel Hair Salon (St. Helens)
  • Jilly’s (Not a filming location but where they got the prom dresses and set decor from) (St. Helens)
  • Multnomah Falls (Corbett)
  • Carver Cafe (Damascus)
  • The View Point Inn (Corbett)
  • Cullen House (Portland)
  • Ballerina Studio (Portland)
  •  
Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

As I finish packing for our car trip to WDW in Florida,

We did the road trip from Arkansas (almost 14 hr road time) years ago with our three girls and one of their friends.  A family had us borrow their van which made it much easier.  We drove all the way to Kissimmee fl. and spent the night so when we got up the next day we would be there.  Oh to be young again.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I heard that too in the broadcast. They had damaged stocks from a wind storm so the farmer straightened them all up with zip ties for the MLB over a few days. That’s pride. 

Of course it might have been in the farmer's contract with MLB and/or Fox that his/her corn was to be straight. 😉

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Congratulations, and on the Bachelor Degree too ... 💐

Will it be your first granddaughter/son ?

Yes, as you can tell from all the blue wrapping paper, it’s a grandson. Amanda and Noel want at least one of each. I wasn’t sure about not telling her I was coming, because she’s a planner, but she didn’t have to prepare for a mom inspection- not that I would do that!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, George C said:

Does it have a water slide going into pool, in Falmouth I never make it past the first bar,

No, but they do have a margarita shape, elevated hot tub.  Last time there, we found $150 under the stairs to the hot tub.  But, it was Jamaican money, so only worth about $1.22. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Good evening everyone.

It has been a nice 70°F and sunny all day.

Pauline was at the hairdresser's this morning.

Afterwards we called at a large retail centre.

From here we went to Newcastle port and saw lots of people getting on board Marella Explorer 2 formerly known as Celebrity Century.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

IMG_20210813_162541.jpg

IMG_20210813_162534.jpg

• Like 17

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I did slip it to get a couple shots tonight. 

4F46E471-9016-42E7-9859-7BA6A4A7DFA8.thumb.jpeg.548d0f572892cf06145928cc6fdaf223.jpeg

B58D3FCF-F869-4A3B-B693-0A6FA0069575.thumb.jpeg.df728924ba6b1803da78972834a9ff25.jpeg

Might have been worth the mosquito bites. 

1DA1C7AF-E33B-4366-AA49-7094AF0C03EA.thumb.jpeg.fe43f8c84439520f94088b6eb9e1deec.jpeg

That sunset is the most remarkable color!! Gorgeous!

The moon looks so tiny. You must have a great camera. 

• Like 1

TSOTD is from Long Beach,NY one of my favorite places

LB has a 2 1/2 mile boardwalk and a beautiful beach.There are concerts on the beach every summer night.

The town has wall to wall wonderful restaurants most of which have live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights.

• Like 3

I just got back from Home Depot.  Several weeks ago I ordered a replacement over the stove microwave.  I was supposed to get it yesterday.  It came but the order was goofed up and it was delivery only.  I called HD and after several calls, the solution they came up with was for us to return the microwave to the store, receive a full refund and then order it again.  I asked if they couldn’t skip the returning part and just send the installers.  No, the computer wouldn’t allow that.  So we drove 50 minutes, spent 15 minutes explaining and getting the refund and drove 50 minutes home.  I’m going to wait until the refund clears to order again.  Don’t you love computers?  They make things easier!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening everyone.

It has been a nice 70°F and sunny all day.

Pauline was at the hairdresser's this morning.

Afterwards we called at a large retail centre.

From here we went to Newcastle port and saw lots of people getting on board Marella Explorer 2 formerly known as Celebrity Century.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

IMG_20210813_162541.jpg

IMG_20210813_162534.jpg

Our last Celebrity cruise was on Century, BCN to FLL.  Stops in Malaga, Agadir, Morocco, Gibraltar, and 3 Canarie  islands.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 4

Beautifully said Dani.  I found talking to someone who is not directly involved in my drama is a big help.  Now for my drama:

We are going on the simulation voyage of the Oasis.  When I went into the cruise planner it said cruise was canceled. So, being the calm person I am, I immediately panicked. After many inquiries I was informed that this was info from the original 8/22 sailing which was canceled. Phew.  I am now having a martini or two🤪

• Like 18

24 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Curaçao.  I am needing a new one.  The threading that makes the "o" is coming undone.

The first time I was in Curaçao I bought a yukky shirt only because I was not sure if I was coming back.The second time there was 25 years later and there were more stores I bought a good quality one.

On another topic :Are you familiar with The Bert Wills Band ?I saw him in Texas in 2006 and have been telling people about him since then.Nobody in NY ever heard of this guy.He released 10 albums ,I have them all.

He has been around since the 70’s,a great Southern Rock band.

16 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I'll try to reply in my best English, so, pls., bear with me --

Remember, my first sentence was: 

"....So, instead of a port day in Zeebruge (on board of the brand new Celebrity Apex), I've cleaned the fridge....😁

Every one has his ways of tackling adversity....Mine is humor. One of the nicest sentences I've learned here is: "... lemons -- make lemonade" [the gist of it...].

ALL of us have been thrown into an unprecedented and unknown situation/reality and had our previous life thrown upside down.

In many instances -- actually losing control, depending upon others, suffering human losses.

It helps enormously "talking" with people from other countries, from other ways of life, from other cultures, from other mentality. 

You can easily say: "If you struggle with the new reality, talk with a professional, not with a 'bunch of strangers'' ".

My reply would be: "Talking here works for me. A professional is also a stranger, more skilled, sure, but -- still a stranger". [Professionals -- in the words of @OnTheJourney - "no offense meant"].

Or in other words: "happy thread (or not)" -- bottom line -- 17 months "on the front pages" and counting 😉

Seems IT works for others too....😁

I’ll echo the others, very well said Dani.  

There are plenty of other threads on this site for someone looking to argue. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Lionesss said:

As I finish packing for our car trip to WDW in Florida, I have been watching the weather channel and hoping Fred behaves.  

Years ago I used to date a man called Fred.  That did not work out.  After him I met the man of my dreams and this past Tuesday we celebrated our 30th. wedding anniversary.  Yup it was fun driving home from Columbus in a car on our anniversary.

We originally planned to be on the Allure starting this weekend, but cancelled with all the cruise uncertainty at that time  and booked Disney.

The drive this weekend could be wet and wild, but "It is what it is".

We are getting up at OMG 3am. to be on the road by 4am.

Hopefully make it to Georgia where we booked a room for the night.

Growing up our family always did car trips, me and my brothers were the back seat drivers and Mom and Dad up front.

We used to take a cooler and had water, pop and sandwiches at rest areas for lunch to save time and money.

Well, reliving my childhood memories.

I have ice ready to put in the cooler.

Sandwiches will be made and ready to go.

A snack bag of unhealthy treats.

Water and pop chillin.

Suitcases almost ready.

If my phone behaves I will attempt to post some of our travels.

Pray for safety.

We’ve made the drive from RI to WDW many times.  When the kids were little (and we were much younger), we’d do it straight thru, about 22 hours. We’d leave at 5 pm so the kids spent a good part of it asleep.  We still make the drive now that we’re retired.  We love a road trip, At least on the way there. Like you we load up on drinks & snacks. Stop every couple of hours to stretch and walk a bit.  It’s not quite as much fun in the way home LOL. 

Hope you have a safe trip and a wonderful time!

And, Happy Anniversary 🥂!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I'll try to reply in my best English, so, pls., bear with me --

Remember, my first sentence was: 

"....So, instead of a port day in Zeebruge (on board of the brand new Celebrity Apex), I've cleaned the fridge....😁

Every one has his ways of tackling adversity....Mine is humor. One of the nicest sentences I've learned here is: "... lemons -- make lemonade" [the gist of it...].

ALL of us have been thrown into an unprecedented and unknown situation/reality and had our previous life thrown upside down.

In many instances -- actually losing control, depending upon others, suffering human losses.

It helps enormously "talking" with people from other countries, from other ways of life, from other cultures, from other mentality. 

You can easily say: "If you struggle with the new reality, talk with a professional, not with a 'bunch of strangers'' ".

My reply would be: "Talking here works for me. A professional is also a stranger, more skilled, sure, but -- still a stranger". [Professionals -- in the words of @OnTheJourney - "no offense meant"].

Or in other words: "happy thread (or not)" -- bottom line -- 17 months "on the front pages" and counting 😉

Seems IT works for others too....😁

Dani.

This thread been a pleasure to participate in for 17 month's.

I think we have created a strong bond between us and made many friends because of your fantastic thread and how you have actively participated has rightly kept this thread on the front page for 17 months and hopefully for a long time to come.

Many thanks.

Graham x.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1