Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

28 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well that was frustrating! After not doing any clothes shopping for over two years, I thought I would go out and look for some clothes for our cruise. I learned several things.

Most clothes are made for people way younger than me. Most clothes are made for people way thinner and taller than me. And the stores that I like such as Macy's practically have no men's department any more and hardly any selections. Very depressing.

I even asked on of the clerks what happened to the mens department. She said Covid has limited how much stock is made and delivered. And more people are buying on online and suggested I go to Macys.com to find what I'm looking for. Very sad. 

Yup, same at our local Macy's    We went back in July and was surprised to see how bare the store looked.   I thought oh no are they getting ready to go out of business.    I sure hope not as that has always been my "go to store".      

There were some items we found in store but little size selection so we got home and bought them on the macy's app.    Just not the same.     I buy stuff online but I like to buy my clothes and shoes in person.   

It is very sad!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sunshine3601 I know you mentioned it but where is the rental located.

Long Beach Island, NJ aka LBI.    The island is 8 miles at sea and 18 miles long.     Our house is located in a town called Spray Beach.    We are 8 houses to the Ocean and 1 block to Barnegat Bay.    

https://welcometolbi.com/

Beautiful island that is literally my Happy Place.    As soon as I drive over that causeway bridge I feel at peace.     

It has grown a lot, especially after Superstorm Sandy in 2013 but there is a still a lot that is the same to me.    

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Prayers for your friend Dani and hopefully the hospital staff will help your friend recover.

Many thanks, Graham, I really appreciate the prayers for our dear friend.

He is the 2nd on the right, the one who lost his wife suddenly [I've posted this pic a few days ago].

After one mourning year, we "matched" him with the widow of one of the most loved comedians in our country, who also died suddenly at 45 from cardiac arrest. They've been together for the last 9 years, but living in their own houses.

She is on the mend, but his condition suddenly turned to worse today, after suffering all the past week with high fever.

She is the lady with the white glasses on the right, and our "mutual" gastro doc is the 1st guy on the left.

P2273691.JPG

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Many thanks, Graham, I really appreciate the prayers for our dear friend.

He is the 2nd on the right, the one who lost his wife suddenly [I've posted this pic a few days ago].

After one mourning year, we "matched" him with the widow of one of the most loved comedians in our country, who also died suddenly at 45 from cardiac arrest. They've been together for the last 9 years, but living in their own houses.

She is on the mend, but his condition suddenly turned to worse today, after suffering all the past week with high fever.

She is the lady with the white glasses on the right, and our "mutual" gastro doc is the 1st guy on the left.

P2273691.JPG

You have nice friends Dani.

Sorry to hear the two you mentioned lost their respective partners suddenly years ago.

They look like a lovely couple.

I'm pleased she is recovering and will say a prayer🙏 for the gentleman's recovery in church tomorrow.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well that was frustrating!

Beyond frustrating.

Lots of men here found out that custom tailoring in Thailand is worth the long flight and the added expenses....

The quality is top notch.

DS2, who is a lawyer [going through one or two shirts every single day] has 35 shirts and 3 pairs of trousers done in Bangkok. He didn't fly especially, since, as a student he worked as an inflight security man, so right before stage and stopping work, he had the "vision" of long term supply.

I used the wash and iron his shirts before he got married, and they stood the test of time (Egyptian cotton).

Greg, might be an option? 😁

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Greg, might be an option? 😁

I have a friend who does that. He gets some amazing clothes in Thailand custom made like you said. I am short and stout which makes me hard to buy for.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 6:33 PM, StanleyandGus said:

I just came back from Ottawa.

I keep thinking of you flying all the way to Ottawa to see your daughter, and no doubt, when the time comes, to see your grandson.... Almost 3.5 hours net flight time ....

Just the other day I met by chance one of my University professors, whom I didn't see for more than 20 years, even though we live in the same town, not far from one another.

We exchanged "news", and, among other things, I "complained" that in order to see the grandsons, we drive 1.5 hours in each direction.

His reply: "I'll gladly sweep places with you.... In one of my last sabbaticals, our eldest son met a nice American girl, they married, and now they live in Raleigh (NC) with our 2 grandsons, which necessitates long flight hours...".

I've stopped "complaining" 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Long Beach Island, NJ aka LBI.    The island is 8 miles at sea and 18 miles long.     Our house is located in a town called Spray Beach.    We are 8 houses to the Ocean and 1 block to Barnegat Bay.    

https://welcometolbi.com/

Beautiful island that is literally my Happy Place.    As soon as I drive over that causeway bridge I feel at peace.     

It has grown a lot, especially after Superstorm Sandy in 2013 but there is a still a lot that is the same to me.    

We have relatives in Barnegat Township

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Based on what's going on around me (fully vaxxed still getting sick, one of my friends right now being transported with a Covid-ambulance to the hospital, after 10 days isolated at home, monitoring his saturation, his SO recovering in her own house), I'd say go for cruise only if Eric can get the 3rd jab.

Sending prayers for your friend that has been hospitalized.    

Sorry but does SO stand for?      hopefully her recovery is speedy as well.

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was never into the Allman Brothers years ago.A few years ago I mentioned that to my daughters and they bought me 6 CD’s.

I saw Allman brothers in 1971 had never heard of them at the time . First band I ever saw with two drummers. I most likely have the program somewhere. This was at Fillmore East which unfortunately was only open for a few years.

Edited by George C

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry but does SO stand for?

Significant Other.

They're both widowed, with kids and grandkids from other spouses, assets and houses, so they prefer not to get married....

His son, for example, is still not ready, 10 years after his mother died, to accept that his father has the right not to be alone at his old age...

Yes, she's on the mend. We're very worried about him. That the 2 vaxxed still can get to be hospitalized is quite unnerving, to say the least....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

What street in uptown Manhattan did you work on ? I worked on W.90 .

Park Avenue and 57th Street.  I was an Executive Secretary there.  I loved working Midtown.  After my boss passed away, I decided to leave there and began working at White & Case, which is where Giuliani was a lawyer.  (although I didn't know it at the time), so I was back downtown again...I loved being downtown also.  I guess you could say, I just love Manhattan!!!!  LOL!

• Like 3