Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

50 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is the Ocean House Hotel. It is our version of the Overlook Hotel in the movie "The Shining".

20211011_143514.thumb.jpg.f1d935a96c2002b188499a2291eda19e.jpg

I don't think I will be staying there anytime soon.    I just viewed their website and their cheapest room was $965 a night --off season.    Beautiful place.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Nope --

"Nowak was initially charged with attempted murder and kidnapping, but charges were eventually reduced to burglary and misdemeanors. Nowak pleaded guilty in 2009 and was sentenced to a year of probation."

Didn't know the story, but I'm a curious one, so Dr. Google helped....

She was stopped before she could seriously hurt Colleen...or worse, but still seems too light of a punishment for her.  She knew exactly what she was doing and planned it out totally.  

Seriously messed up woman.  Crime of passion I guess.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, George C said:

Our buddy who lives in Plano had to live in a hotel for 4 months do to our February freeze which caused his pipes to bust and destroy much of his house, house looks great now after about 100k in repairs. We are negotiating with Allstate to see how much they will pay . 

OUCH!  Hope Allstate comes through for him.

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Curaçao is one of my favorite places in the Caribbean.It is so different than the other downtown areas of other islands.We have been there several times.In 2018 or 2019 I was in a store wearing my Born In Brooklyn tee shirt.A guy working in the store asked where in Brooklyn was I born.When I told him he replied that he too was born there.He was 40 years younger than me but we still had an interesting conversation especially because he lived in a house across the street from where I lived.Of course we bought things in the store.

When we were in Key West for a few hours on a cruise, we meandered up Duval Street and I entered a shop, I think perfume.  I told the owner he sounds just like my husband, an Israeli, and asked where he was from.  He said Israel asked where my husband was.  I ran outside to drag Jack in and those two found out they grew up in the same neighborhood and were close in age.  They even knew some of the same people.  We were invited back to their house (wife was in the shop as well) when they closed shop but we had to get back to the ship.  I think 2 women would have exchanged info to keep in touch.  The 2 guys didn't...sigh.

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is the Ocean House Hotel. It is our version of the Overlook Hotel in the movie "The Shining".

20211011_143514.thumb.jpg.f1d935a96c2002b188499a2291eda19e.jpg

Majestic. Reminds me of your neighbor, Ms. Swift's house, but not in yellow.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

It's huge.... How do you make sure it's well done inside, without burning it outside ?

Asking for a friend.....😉

If it starts getting too brown, you cover it with foil.
A meat thermometer in the thickest part of the breast tells you when it’s done.

Overcooking will result in a dry turkey.
If you take hold of a leg and move it, and it’s loose, it’s usually done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Gorgeous hotel.    The owners have a done a great job on maintaing the property.    Any idea how old it is?     I imagine there are some additions to the property since there appears to be many different levels and buildings.    

When the original from 1868 was torn down they rebiilt, approx. 15 years ago, following the original as closely as possible. Everything you see was built at the same time, no additions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Here we have corn, soy bean, cotton and peanuts.  My favorite fields are the sunflower fields in South Dakota.

Here in Virginia, mostly Feed Corn, Soy Beans, Apple orchards and Peach orchards and LOTS of Pumpkin Fields and a few Strawberry Farms and Sunflower Fields.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Table is set. 

2C229E3F-48EE-48FA-A4AE-3F5D7A3CF7AE.thumb.jpeg.3f6c9ccdc6d00c481fa02f09071873f9.jpeg

Accoutrements prepared. That’s a chocolate turkey, even the adults get one. 

089EC081-5F60-480D-A11C-A0CE63B43685.thumb.jpeg.cc70e44ae9f3a993a672c9a422b280de.jpeg

Birthday cupcakes need to be decorated a bit more before consumption. 

59A2CAEF-2718-4689-9696-F641FB61A631.thumb.jpeg.5382fd7e2c5bbc686cf6fd9afd4e9835.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving!  I love the chocolate turkey!  I also am intrigued by the cow painting on the wall.

36 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Here in Virginia, mostly Feed Corn, Soy Beans, Apple orchards and Peach orchards and LOTS of Pumpkin Fields and a few Strawberry Farms and Sunflower Fields.

Pumpkin fields would be fun to see.  When we lived in Texas my parents and I would pick peaches in the Hill Country each year. Yum.

• Like 3