Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sounds like me about 5 years ago.  Growing up in Buffalo, I really liked winter...skiing, snowmobiling, hockey.  The older I got, the less that I appreciated the snow and cold weather.  

My wife Shelagh has been in Texas too long she will not go into the pool unless water temperature is over 80. She’s been in Texas twice the time that she spent in Buffalo.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

most of my cruising and vacation money comes from snowplowing.

No worries from "my side", Joe 😉

When, once in a few years, it does snow lightly in Jerusalem, most of the population takes a day off and "migrates" towards the city to witness the "miracle", melting it as well 😁

• Like 1

My husband spent some of his teenage years living in Omaha.  We now live in Georgia.  When we are in triple degree heat and sweltering humidity I’ll growl out “WHY do we live in the South?!” and he’ll respond “temperate winters.”  According to him he shoveled snow year round uphill both ways…lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It wasn’t a light dusting either. 

A8EF2F1F-4A59-4598-8708-4F551CDD1430.thumb.jpeg.cc253b25d324057d1acd2138fc565026.jpeg

Further investigation made me want to pack up and head south. One day in, and I’m calling for “Mercy”. 

5A4884D7-983D-4159-AAB9-2839722CDEC5.thumb.jpeg.b435a4ec95c11b4f7cd61355022bcd6f.jpeg

279BBE91-45DA-4ED6-B4F7-F8D3D0C845D5.thumb.jpeg.d7bfc85f848bd816dcf13cd28adb6680.jpeg

It’s pretty, but (and no offense) - YUCK!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Any news? I can't stop thinking about this.

33 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Me either

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Me also

8 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Same 🥺

I’m with all of you. I keep checking for any news. 

• Like 3

How was my day you ask ?I had a 9AM appointment with my ENT to check out some things.Everything went okay.I was about to leave the office and head for the elevator to go down 6 floors .All of a sudden there was an alarm .It was the fire alarm.My doctor told everyone in the waiting room and those being examined to go down the stairs as quickly as possible.Which was fine for everyone but me.I have a stairlift in my house because I cannot walk up or down stairs,not even one step.There was no way that I could possibly walk down 6 flights.My doctor said it was likely a false alarm because this has been happening every week for the past several weeks.He said that when the fire fighters arrived at the building he would tell them about me.I asked how long the alarm would be ringing and he said 20-30 minutes.I cannot stand for more than 2 minutes.I grabbed onto a railing for leverage and Toby held my body .Just then the alarm stopped and people were in the hallway coming out of elevators.All I wanted to do at that point was to get out of the building and into the car.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I guess the answer to how well these masks work is, it depends.  

Based on the measurements they give you to determine the size you need, I ordered a large, and Susan ordered a small.  We probably looked pretty silly, but we wanted to do our test fit and test them out in our hot tub before taking them along for a real world use. 

Mine fit perfectly, and had a good seal even with my beard.  Susan, on the other hand, could not get a good seal with her mask.  Because her face is long and narrow, she could not get it to seal by her eye sockets. (Arrows). She was sad because she had to return hers for a regular mask and snorkel. 

8C21E681-3DAD-4847-BEA1-DE4B8A9B405F.thumb.jpeg.f28f046041777f8af44ef26fdec219bc.jpeg

I loved using mine when we went snorkeling with the turtles.  I started out using the GoPro mount, but after snorkeling for a while I took it off and hand held it.  I just preferred seeing what I was filming. Sorry it took a while to answer this, but we just got our real use last week. 

The one I used has one way valves to bring in oxygen, and valves and a separate part of the tube to get rid of the co2.  There was someone in our group that was using an older one without those features, and he said he was getting light headed with his.  

This is the one I used. Easy return to Amazon if it doesn’t fit and seal for you.  

Thank you very much for your review of your masks.  Sorry it didnt work out for your wife.  I remember your couple of turtle photos on live review😊

Do you recall which brand you purchased on amazon?  I think I'll order for our january b2b.  please do not go the trouble of looking for brand name, I can browse amazon

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Father was a mailman for little over 30 yrs.  He had walking route of approx 7 miles everyday.  He wore a hat but his nose was exposed everyday.   Sunscreen was unheard of when he began working in mid 1960s.  

After he retired in mid 1990s he went to dermatologist because of sore on his nose that never would heal.  

Yes, he had cancer and doctor tried to treat the area but was unsuccessful.  He eventually had to do surgery and remove the skin off his nose down to bone and reconstruct his nose with skin grafts from his butt and upper thigh.  

Thankful All turned out well, no spread anywhere.  After seeing everything he went thru I no longer had any desire to get a nose job and i make sure to put sunscreen on my face since we are a beach family and I'm a sun worshipper.

My Dad use to tease he was an a##s kiss but I use to tease and say he was a butt face. 🤪    He was always a joker and loved laughing.

My father was a Pro Soccer player in the 1920’s .At that time nobody knew anything about protection from the sun.When he was not outdoors playing soccer he was at a beach .He developed skin cancer at a time when treatments were not as advanced as they are today.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mets07 said:

On a happy note, our younger son was married this past weekend. 

Our older son got married about 5 years ago at New York City Hall. There were about 15 people present and we celebrated at a NYC restaurant. 

Fast forward to my younger son's wedding.  First, they were married in a church and then had a Reception in a Gatsby-style castle on Long Island, New York with 230 people present. 

Both very different 😉 and both very beautiful in their own way. 

My family is not into posting personal photos, but here is a pic of the reception setting prior to the arrival of the guests.  It was quite the party! 

20211029_162119.jpg

Looks beautiful.  Congratulations to the new bride and groom.  Wishes for many years of love and happiness😍

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric knew before I did!    

I was sitting in lobby of large national builders office for a job in mortgage dept.    I was scheduled to meet the VP and Eric came to the lobby to tell me the boss was running late.

He then went to the bosses office and told him shes really cute and seems nice you have to hire her😊  I was hired.

We were both in relationships with other people at the time but about 2 years later we started dating and have been together ever since😊

We both changed employers several years later but have always worked together, except for 1 year.

Toby and I met at a picnic in Staten Island .I asked her if she would go out with me that evening .I had no idea where she lived.I was not driving yet .She said yes and then I asked where she lived .It was quite a distance from where I lived.I had to take a bus,a train ,a taxi and a walk.That was 1965 and we have been together ever since.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

WOW! Mine was a slightly burned piece of toast and half a yogurt container....I haven't seen a breakfast like that since the last time we were either on a cruise or land tour!!  

Mine was two slices of burned toast and 2 tablespoons of sunflower seed butter.The last time I saw a breakfast like that was never.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mets07 said:

On a happy note, our younger son was married this past weekend. 

Our older son got married about 5 years ago at New York City Hall. There were about 15 people present and we celebrated at a NYC restaurant. 

Fast forward to my younger son's wedding.  First, they were married in a church and then had a Reception in a Gatsby-style castle on Long Island, New York with 230 people present. 

Both very different 😉 and both very beautiful in their own way. 

My family is not into posting personal photos, but here is a pic of the reception setting prior to the arrival of the guests.  It was quite the party! 

20211029_162119.jpg

Is this Oheka Castle ? I have been there and it looks like it to me .

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline and I don't like to post personal photos either.  Doesn't seem to a problem at all with our daughters.  😁

Stunning setting for the reception!  Wow.

I would love to post pictures but having been the victim of internet identity theft I am reluctant to.

I do send pictures to the people that I e-mail with on CC with the provision that they do not print them on line.

8 hours ago, island lady said:

All packed (weird packing only cold weather clothes) for our early flight tomorrow morning to Spokane Washington.  Three hour drive in the rental SUV to Lake Chelan.  A week of enjoying the area wines, without the crowds, being off season.  

Will be enjoying nights at the condo with the fire going and enjoying some interesting Syrahs we will pick up during our winery tours.  😉  

Bucky packed his massive polar bear type coat (I think he over did it, but I am not going to tell him that.  He would use it against me if he froze by not taking it!  😄 ).     Me, I am more into the Alaska version of "layering".   Comical watching him try to close his suitcase.  😉 

Safe travels tomorrow.  Looking forward to hearing about your travels 😍

• Like 1