Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

mets07

Congratulations and good wishes to the newlyweds!

Was the reception at Oheka Castle?

I have been to several luncheons there. 

The grounds certainly accommodate lovely photo ops especially with the LI Sound  in the background. 

The photos will be fabulous !

Thank you, @MJSailors

No (I had to look up Oheka). This one was in the  Sands Point Preserve, Long Island. 

Sea Dog

I am a bit late in offering congratulations on your retirement from a long and enjoyable career. I have had some issues with posting on CC lately as I understand many have had the same experience.

You are starting off you leisure days nicely with your upcoming cruise. Wishing you and your DW  many pleasant days for the future.

Unfortunately, you are dealing with the health of your dear pup. It is not an easy thing to experience I hope there will be a peaceful outcome for both you and Maggie.

As to all those Christmas trees !

I have found  during my ten years of retirement,a growing desire to simplify life for my DH and myself. Some call it downsizing or decluttering. It has been a gradual process for us, you may also experience this phenomenon once you have settled into the retirement life.

Take care

MJ 🙋🏻

• Like 4

On 10/6/2021 at 9:28 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Please let me know how you like this type of mask.  Eric and I were looking into buying this kind pre-covid.

I guess the answer to how well these masks work is, it depends.  

Based on the measurements they give you to determine the size you need, I ordered a large, and Susan ordered a small.  We probably looked pretty silly, but we wanted to do our test fit and test them out in our hot tub before taking them along for a real world use. 

Mine fit perfectly, and had a good seal even with my beard.  Susan, on the other hand, could not get a good seal with her mask.  Because her face is long and narrow, she could not get it to seal by her eye sockets. (Arrows). She was sad because she had to return hers for a regular mask and snorkel. 

8C21E681-3DAD-4847-BEA1-DE4B8A9B405F.thumb.jpeg.f28f046041777f8af44ef26fdec219bc.jpeg

I loved using mine when we went snorkeling with the turtles.  I started out using the GoPro mount, but after snorkeling for a while I took it off and hand held it.  I just preferred seeing what I was filming. Sorry it took a while to answer this, but we just got our real use last week. 

The one I used has one way valves to bring in oxygen, and valves and a separate part of the tube to get rid of the co2.  There was someone in our group that was using an older one without those features, and he said he was getting light headed with his.  

This is the one I used. Easy return to Amazon if it doesn’t fit and seal for you.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Traditional English way.

Graham.

We eat a lot of beans (mostly the ones I make from dry)...soooo many varieties.  Love the different beans that are unique to Maine.  Usually stock up to take home to Florida when we are there in the summer.

Though we don't eat them for breakfast, I use them in many other lunch/dinner dishes.  

Indeed beans are a wonderful choice of protein...and errr..."fuel".  😮😉 

• Like 3

Just now, h20skibum said:

I guess the answer to how well these masks work is, it depends.  

Based on the measurements they give you to determine the size you need, I ordered a large, and Susan ordered a small.  We probably looked pretty silly, but we wanted to do our test fit and test them out in our hot tub before taking them along for a real world use. 

Mine fit perfectly, and had a good seal even with my beard.  Susan, on the other hand, could not get a good seal with her mask.  Because her face is long and narrow, she could not get it to seal by her eye sockets. (Arrows). She was sad because she had to return hers for a regular mask and snorkel. 

8C21E681-3DAD-4847-BEA1-DE4B8A9B405F.thumb.jpeg.f28f046041777f8af44ef26fdec219bc.jpeg

I loved using mine when we went snorkeling with the turtles.  I started out using the GoPro mount, but after snorkeling for a while I took it off and hand held it.  I just preferred seeing what I was filming. Sorry it took a while to answer this, but we just got our real use last week. 

The one I used has one way valves to bring in oxygen, and valves and a separate part of the tube to get rid of the co2.  There was someone in our group that was using an older one without those features, and he said he was getting light headed with his.  

This is the one I used. Easy return to Amazon if it doesn’t fit and seal for you.  

It's actually very refreshing to talk about masks of a different kind.  😉 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I am so sorry.  I still have nightmares about my last Vet visit with my sweet Katie.  There never seems to be a time that is too late...or too early to do the right thing.  It is just a tough decision.  

My heart goes out to you.  It's a tough trip for sure.  

We had to put our Golden Retriever Scarlett down a couple of years ago.  I also have nightmares about that vet visit and even more, about Micheline bawling her eyes out when I came into the house afterwards...her knowing that it was then real (she couldn't bring herself to go to the vet with me).  Two things made it a little better.  One was knowing that she had been in pain and wasn't able to easily stand.  She was no longer in pain.  Two was that the vet had a party that day for one of the clinic workers.  They had chocolate cake.  The vet asked if she could feed Scarlett the leftover cake (chocolate normally being a definite no-no for dogs).  She had not been eating well but chowed that cake down!  She fell asleep with her head in my lap which made me both happy and tremendously guilty.

Greg...I am again so sorry that you have to go through this at any time, but especially right before the trip that you've been waiting so long to take.

• Like 14

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Still hasn't sunk in yet. We have been so busy getting things ready for the house sitter. Maggie our King Charles Spaniel is really declining in health. She is not eating and having mobility issues. We are preparing the house/dog sitter to be prepared if she has to take her to vet. It's very stressful right now so I've haven't had a chance to savor not working. I will start the semi live tomorrow since I have some prep stuff to talk about before we leave on Friday

Luckily you have a wonderful and dependable dog sitter for Maggie who knows her and loves her.

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We've been to the vet twice in the last 5 days. He doesn't think she is going down yet but she is not eating, very lethargic and her eyesight is going. The other night she tried to go down the stairs and fell. It's a miracle that she did not break any bones. Tonight while watching tv she just laid in my lap clinging to me. She usually lays next to me but not on me. It's sad. Luckily our dog/house sitter has watched her before. She is good. I have to prepare myself that she could go downhill while we are on our cruise. I can't stand to see any animal not their regular happy self.  

It is so incredibly hard when our loved fur babies start failing.  Hopefully Maggie will be fine while you and Linda are away.  It certainly sounds like you are leaving her in good hands.❤️

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Progress on decorating tree

20211102_215217.thumb.jpg.0845fdb1ef217251eb01cc3da892b8dd.jpg

Gold theme this year

Looks beautiful, John!

16 hours ago, DaveSJ711 said:

Today the biopsies came back -- my wife has invasive ductal carcinoma (a fancy term for breast cancer). We will have to cancel the transatlantic cruise we booked for later this month.

I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers and positive thoughts for you both. 🙏🙏 

14 hours ago, George C said:

Just returned from a great concert Christopher Cross, we had first row seats right in front of where he was playing, at one point his sound shutdown, so he got a seat a couple of feet from the stage and said we should join him in next song without music , then he said if we don’t know the song we shouldn’t be at the concert, song was a great cruising song Sailing. image.jpeg.05ac6e072e90530293076efdc3633d59.jpeg

We were at an outside Rod Stewart concert years ago when a rain and wind storm hit, knocking the sound system out.  We were soaked, but were happy we stayed when the sound system was again working.   We then saw him at the Madison Square Garden years later,   The energy that Rod Stewart has is amazing!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Dad use to tease he was an a##s kiss but I use to tease and say he was a butt face. 🤪    He was always a joker and loved laughing.

It sounds like you had such a wonderful and fun loving relationship with your Dad, Debbie!  You are one lucky lady!😉

5 hours ago, mets07 said:

On a happy note, our younger son was married this past weekend.  

Fast forward to my younger son's wedding.  First, they were married in a church and then had a Reception in a Gatsby-style castle on Long Island, New York with 230 people present. 

Congratulations on your sons Wedding this past weekend.  Beautiful venue for the Reception.

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

View of the Manhattan skyline as we road trip to FL for the 3rd time in 6 months. Wish we were headed to the port in Bayonne 😉!

2CE4F96D-8395-457F-9B82-68EC41D8F128.jpeg

Have a safe trip and a wonderful time in Florida.

This view of Manhattan reminds me of the very similar view I had while going down Victory Blvd. in Staten Island.  Marietta knows exactly where I'm talking about!

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

And BOOM ! There she was, (Scritti Politti reference there) and the adventure begins.

Yay Greg!!!  We'll all be following!!🛳️ 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

It sounds like you had such a wonderful and fun loving relationship with your Dad, Debbie!  You are one lucky lady!😉

Congratulations on your sons Wedding this past weekend.  Beautiful venue for the Reception.

Have a safe trip and a wonderful time in Florida.

This view of Manhattan reminds me of the very similar view I had while going down Victory Blvd. in Staten Island.  Marietta knows exactly where I'm talking about!

Yay Greg!!!  We'll all be following!!🛳️ 

👍

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Me...would just give me an excuse to shop if I didn't have it and needed it.  😄 

I'm with you, Pat!😉

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Unfortunately things might be changing. We are taking Maggie to the vet now. Things are not good.

Oh no, Greg😢

50 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The one I used has one way valves to bring in oxygen, and valves and a separate part of the tube to get rid of the co2.    

Mark, what is the name of the masks?  Thank you!

• Like 3

Yesterday looked like this. 

BEEABBE6-7242-4420-B2FE-CF455090313B.thumb.jpeg.37c5ec2ea34cf03719425c7605f5df05.jpeg

Today felt like April Fools. 

13AC2156-3D91-423F-8A04-562BF5E4BD7D.thumb.jpeg.05e3e712960a643e2fae32d73cb3b471.jpeg

It wasn’t a light dusting either. 

A8EF2F1F-4A59-4598-8708-4F551CDD1430.thumb.jpeg.cc253b25d324057d1acd2138fc565026.jpeg

Further investigation made me want to pack up and head south. One day in, and I’m calling for “Mercy”. 

5A4884D7-983D-4159-AAB9-2839722CDEC5.thumb.jpeg.b435a4ec95c11b4f7cd61355022bcd6f.jpeg

279BBE91-45DA-4ED6-B4F7-F8D3D0C845D5.thumb.jpeg.d7bfc85f848bd816dcf13cd28adb6680.jpeg

• Like 20

2 hours ago, mets07 said:

Thank you, @MJSailors

No (I had to look up Oheka). This one was in the  Sands Point Preserve, Long Island. 

Curious as ever, I too immediately looked up Oheka, and was very impressed, but noticed that the curtains and the floor don't match your picture.....

Of course, now I've looked up your venue too 🥰

Beautiful, beautiful settings both of them.

And here I was thinking that the wedding's venue we've been last week was impressive.... The Oheka and the SPP are leaving it in the dust....

• Like 2

I am back after a break, having now handed in my PhD thesis.  Still got to be examined on it, but that is 8 1/2 yrs (a few months added due to broken arms and the pandemic) work.  

I am glad that the thread is still going, It is lovely to see updates from familiar names.  So nice to hear about weddings, breakfasts and trips.  Sorry to hear about little fur baby not being too well - our furry friends are so precious.  

I am happy to be back.  

• Like 23

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

BEEABBE6-7242-4420-B2FE-CF455090313B.thumb.jpeg.37c5ec2ea34cf03719425c7605f5df05.jpeg

13AC2156-3D91-423F-8A04-562BF5E4BD7D.thumb.jpeg.05e3e712960a643e2fae32d73cb3b471.jpeg

A8EF2F1F-4A59-4598-8708-4F551CDD1430.thumb.jpeg.cc253b25d324057d1acd2138fc565026.jpeg

Further investigation made me want to pack up and head south. One day in, and I’m calling for “Mercy”. 

5A4884D7-983D-4159-AAB9-2839722CDEC5.thumb.jpeg.b435a4ec95c11b4f7cd61355022bcd6f.jpeg

279BBE91-45DA-4ED6-B4F7-F8D3D0C845D5.thumb.jpeg.d7bfc85f848bd816dcf13cd28adb6680.jpeg

I know it’s a pain to be in…but your pictures of it (sitting on my couch in Georgia) look absolutely beautiful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I am happy to be back.  

Wow, I was thinking a lot about you the last couple of months.... Shall I give a "shout out" or not??

Welcome back, and congratulations on handing your PhD thesis -- that's 95% of it. 

The oral examination is the easy part...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

For those of us who never get snow, it’s Mother Nature’s miracle. It makes everything beautiful. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@A&L Ont...how did I miss your pictures of all of that snow????  Beautiful, by the way, but no thank you! It was 4l degrees here this morning...brrr!

Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond.... not even rain 😢

[I've posted this on Bella's thread, to cheer up those suffering from cold weather. Ready for a bargain: rain (not snow!!) in exchange of sunshine 😁]

Sunshine.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond.... not even rain 😢

[I've posted this on Bella's thread, to cheer up those suffering from cold weather. Ready for a bargain: rain (not snow!!) in exchange of sunshine 😁]

Sunshine.jpg

I thought it funny when I noticed it say 25°, feels like 25° 😂 

• Haha 1