Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

58 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I hesitated responding and I apologize to everyone, especially Dani  but sometimes when I see my name mentioned (typed?)  I have to voice my concern/opinion/defense. This is certainly not why this thread was created.....slinking away quietly

You responded very  well Bonnie. :classic_smile: The idea was ridiculous. 

I have lost several IRL friends very recently. And I am sad about it. Not from CV thankfully. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Coralc said:

You responded very  well Bonnie. :classic_smile: The idea was ridiculous. 

I have lost several IRL friends very recently. And I am sad about it. Not from CV thankfully. 

Thank you so much!  I slunk back!!

I don't know what IRL is??

My "like" and "thanks" buttons don't seem to work or I would have used them to acknowledge your post.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

WAIT WHAT? Where did you hear that? We are on that cruise with you, and I haven't heard anything? 

Just got an email from Ken that it was cancelled. I'm heartbroken. On the plus side we switched now to the Bella cruise.  I am excited to meet everyone.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

Did you get an email or something in writing from someone @Sea Dog ? Can you share it with me? pbhunt at pacbell dot net  We haven't heard anything. We will take a refund, but I might have to call them, since that is well after the expiration of  Cruise with Confidence. 

This is what I received.

profile_mask_2x.png

Ken Houston

9:42 AM (13 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

Hi Greg

I just received this.

Due to a change in itinerary planning, our April 22nd, 2023 Jewel of the Seas cruise has been cancelled. We know this news is disappointing and apologize for the impact to your clients' cruise.

Your clients' vacation is important to us, along with the flexibility to make the best decision for them and those in their party. So, we've put together some alternate options for them to consider. Here are their options:

Option 1: Rebook one of the following 2023 8-night itineraries onboard Jewel of the Seas sailing to:

• Labadee, Haiti | San Juan, Puerto Rico | Philipsburg St. Maarten | St. Croix, USVI | Perfect Day at CocoCay departing on January 20th, March 3rd, March 17th
  • Willemstad, Curacao | Oranjestad, Aruba | Kralendijk, Bonaire departing on February 17th
  • St. Croix, USVI | Philipsburg, St. Maarten | San Juan, Puerto Rico | Labadee, Haiti departing on March 25th
  • Oranjestad, Aruba | Willemstad, Curacao | Labadee, Haiti departing on April 8th

What they'll receive:

• Their original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If their booking was already paid in full and their cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide them with a refund for the difference. They can expect to receive their refund to their original form of payment 30 days after we move them. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on their financial institution.
  • And, you'll receive protected commission.

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing

• If they prefer to re-book another sailing not included in Option 1, we'll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.
  • Please know, they'll be responsible for any difference in pricing for their cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If their booking was already paid in full and their cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide them with a refund for the difference. They can expect to receive their refund to their original form of payment 30 days after we move them. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on their financial institution.
  • And, your commission will be based on the revised cruise fare paid.

Option 3: If they can't find an itinerary that works for them and choose to cancel, we'll be sad to see them go.

• We'll process a full refund of any paid portion of their cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.
  • They can expect to receive their refund 30 days after they submit their refund request.
  • If they used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and they request a refund instead, we'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we'll reinstate their original certificate.
  • Lastly, you'll receive protected commission if the booking is paid in full only.

It's important to us that your clients find the best vacation option. Please call us at 888-281-9344 by December 2nd, 2021, to select which option they prefer. Please know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven't heard from you by December 2nd, 2021, their reservation will be cancelled.

If you have any questions, please contact us at:

• 1 800 754 500 in Australia
  • In the UK only, by using our webchat service or by calling 0344 493 4005
  • 1 866 562 7625 in the U.S. or Canada
  • All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Thank you for understanding and support. We hope your clients find another cruise vacation with us. Whether they are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge - we have no doubt their time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming them onboard.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Wow I thought we were bad, we have 6 trees.

Disney Tree         Down Stairs (Movie) Entertainment Room

Sea Shell Tree    Sun Room

Twi Light Tree     Master Bedroom

Fairy Tree             Guest Bedroom

John Deere Tree   Guest Bedroom (Man Cave)

Phillies Tree           Living Room  9ft

Don't know what happened but i will adjust;  I hope that we can still one day hook up and do the Soggy Dollar together.

20 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Yayyyyyyy!!!! It will be wonderful to meet you!

I'm excited. It is a great group. I am excited to meet all of you. Cheers!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much Greg (and Ken) that is very helpful. I am really sad that we won't be going either. We are getting kind of fed up with the book it, and then it is cancelled. The lack of communication from RC is also a little annoying. 

Thanks again, 

~Patti 

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What temp and for how long?

Have to check that out. Thanks

Pauline said 180°F in our fan oven for about 25 minutes turning the bacon over at least once.

The time is determined by how well cooked you want your bacon.

Graham.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric does not like it, but I love it.     When I stayed at the Rubens, I had it almost every morning for a week.   I have had on several cruises before but not as good as the kind they had at the Rubens.     

NIce hotel close to Buckingham palace.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

He’d be embarrassed if he knew all his “Aunties” here knew. 😀

She is in his math class, and turns out one of his old grade 8 classmates knew her from basketball camp earlier. She introduced them to each other.

I only wish she didn’t live 45 minutes away.🤷‍♂️ 

His uncle here says Good on You Owen and we'll done with your sports achievements.

Graham.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

My son also has a December birthday.  We have never done a half birthday, I asked once and he just rolled his eyes.  His is early enough in the month that we always held off putting up Christmas decorations until after his birthday.  

We use to do the same with our youngest. Decorations would go up around the 15th after his birthday.  Had to prioritise Happy Birthday Dec's.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Do you remember a few years ago when Rachael had not posted in awhile on the board that you, Bonnie and I posted on and we did everything to try and find if she was okay ?

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny I know you meant well BUT I remember that time very well and I personally did nothing to find out why Rachel stopped posting.

I'm so sorry, Lenny, but you are confusing me with someone else...😢

I didn't even "knew" you a few years ago.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I was asking about changing the thread's wording, but thanks anyway 🌷

@island lady

They actually did that once in the very beginning...I think some of our friends complained...and it was brought back to the RCI boards.  

No, Pat, it was never moved 😁

Really...could have sworn it was moved just after start up and then moved back again. 

Must be the aged brain making me have delusions again.  😮😉 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Most don’t luck out like my older brother.  Before he retired he bought a house near Sunbury Pa two years ago.  About a month or so ago he finished it and moved in.  He was able to sell his house in Middleton Pa for more than he was originally asking.  It normally doesn’t work out that nice.

We bought our house here, before we sold our previous house, and did so with the one before that one as well.   Sure makes it easier to have it shown by realtor when we are already moved out.  🙂 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

We bought our house here, before we sold our previous house, and did so with the one before that one as well.   Sure makes it easier to have it shown by realtor when we are already moved out.  🙂 

Smart move!  I HATED having to keep my house in ultra pristine condition when the realtor descended with prospective buyers AND we had to vacate the house when we had an open house.  Just seemed creepy to know I had strangers meandering in and out of our house, opening closets, drawers with us not home,  Major PITA.

We sold 3 houses in our lifetime.  Two sold in less than a week, 1 in 4 months.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, island lady said:

Trouble is...once you sell at that higher price...where do you go?  😉  

Everything to buy is higher as well, and very slim pickings.  😮 

That always is the dilemma. It really only work's when downsizing your home and/or moving to an  area where the cost of living is lower.

And the  converse is true, when prices are lower and the pickings a better, we'll get less for our home as well. Less buying power. Which again, is okay when downsizing or moving to a cheaper area.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I HATED having to keep my house in ultra pristine condition when the realtor descended with prospective buyers AND we had to vacate the house when we had an open house.  Just seemed creepy to know I had strangers meandering in and out of our house, opening closets, drawers with us not home,  Major PITA.

Exactly that.  🥺

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

That always is the dilemma. It really only work's when downsizing your home and/or moving to an  area where the cost of living is lower.

And the  converse is true, when prices are lower and the pickings a better, we'll get less for our home as well. Less buying power. Which again, is okay when downsizing or moving to a cheaper area.

Could be another real estate bubble getting set up to burst again...like 2005-2008?