Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

There have been times when I have been very depressed since being diagnosed with Parkinson’s in 2014 but being with my loving family and posting on CC makes me happy.The people like you and all who post here are so very nice.

That's why we are here. To support and love one another.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I don't really understand the whole electric vehicle thing.  I drive a lot of miles and like long road trips.  I would not want to have to plan a trip around charging stations or have to wait for it to charge.  Everything here is far away so just to go to a tractor show I would have to plan a charge somewhere.  I bought my car last year and it will probably be my last new car.  

• Like 5

15 hours ago, singinalot said:

I’ll smile some day! About a week before Grandma passed I had to have oral surgery to remove 2 teeth. My smile is not so grand right now as I begin the process of dental implants. 🙈

she has booked Whitefield Chapel now. I love this idea.

http://www.bethesdaacademy.org/recent-weddings/whitefield-chapel/

She also found her dress today. 😭

7E120C09-7FDE-469B-A58E-CDFBDC5492F4.jpeg

The Chapel reminds me of the Coast Guard Academy Chapel where our oldest daughter Jennifer married our SIL Tom.

Your sister's Wedding gown is gorgeous!  When is her big day planned for?

Crystal, I hope you're not in too much pain while going through your dental implants.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

I had not shared that my husband Dan was sick but sadly he lost his fight with cancer early this morning.  At least now he is at peace.  He went peacefully in his sleep in a Hospice Care Center

Ellen, So very sorry to hear of your loss. As you and others have said, At least Now He Is At Peace.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had not shared that my husband Dan was sick but sadly he lost his fight with cancer early this morning.  At least now he is at peace.  He went peacefully in his sleep in a Hospice Care Center

So very sorry you’ve lost your husband. 
There is no good time for such a loss, but  good to know he was comfortable at the end. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

After showing the girls the pics my youngest daughter, who works at the nursing home, said we need to stay off the deck until they get the rails up!

Your daughter is so right!!  (Don't you love how our daughters look after us?😁)

15 hours ago, Coralc said:

Oh. I'm sorry. I am supposed to have 3 front teeth and part of my palate removed because of a benign ameloblastoma. Slow growing, I am ignoring it. Probably shouldn't but I am. Implants sound like they take a long time. 

And Mimi is back. She was in the hospital longer than anticipated and has posted on the humor thread. . 

Oh Patti, I am so sorry to hear that.  Please don't keep putting your medical needs off.😢

Thank you for letting us know that Mimi is back!!

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is wet and cold.

It has been exceptionally windy overnight and still windy now.

A very large tree has blown over and is resting against a property in our close putting a big hole in their roof.

Our front and back garden is full of leaves and branches blown from nearby tree's.

We are staying at home today.

Graham.

Same weather here, Graham, but without the rain.  That was yesterday.  I have so many leaves to be cleaned up around here.  The wind doesn't help with the clean-up.  Hopefully tomorrow or the day after that.   Boy, do I hate the cold!  Florida can't get here soon enough for us!  

I sure hope your neighbors will have their roof fixed quickly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I haven’t been active on the internet since I got home from the hospital because I feel like I’ve been run over by a fleet of semis. Not so much pain as exhaustion. 
I was scrolling through the humor thread looking for a laugh, and saw my name and replied. 
I’m adding that response here so y’all can see I’m still on the right side of the grass and gradually getting better. 

9AF220B7-1AE4-4087-ACC4-DEEB39767BDD.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I haven’t been active on the internet since I got home from the hospital because I feel like I’ve been run over by a fleet of semis. Not so much pain as exhaustion. 
I was scrolling through the humor thread looking for a laugh, and saw my name and replied. 
I’m adding that response here so y’all can see I’m still on the right side of the grass and gradually getting better. 

Lovely to hear from you Mimi.

Hopefully you will soon totally regain your strength and feel a lot better.

Several of us were worried about you but knew you would post again when you were well enough.

Very best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 3

Ellen I am so sorry for your loss of Dan.  My sincere condolences to you.  May you find comfort in knowing that Dan went peacefully in his sleep while in Hospice.  May he Rest in Peace.  Prayers for you, Ellen.🙏❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

I am so sorry to hear this Ellen.  My deepest condolences on your loss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely to hear from you Mimi.

Hopefully you will soon totally regain your strength and feel a lot better.

Several of us were worried about you but knew you would post again when you were well enough.

Very best wishes.

Graham.

@jagsfan, Mimi

Graham said it all, as usual. Glad to have you back.

We were hoping that this time your op will go without unnecessary "incidents".

Take your time.🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Mimi, Glad to see that you are back with us. You were definitely missed.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

It's great to hear from you Mimi, and glad that you're out of the hospital!  Staring at the ocean is a great way to recover.  Please let me know if there's anything that I can do to help.  Although we've not met in person, I'm not far away and have time available to help.

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Welcome back, Mimi!  It is so good to hear from you!  I am so sorry with the ordeal you wound up going through, and we are so very glad that you are still on the right side of the grass!!  I know I'm speaking for everyone on here, that we are so relieved to hear from you.  You have been in our thoughts and prayers.🙏❤️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Mimi,I am sooooo happy to see you back posting .😀😀😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I would not want to have to plan a trip around charging stations or have to wait for it to charge.

I agree. That's why I'm looking at a (regenerating) hybrid (combination of gas / electric motors) rather than all electric. Somehow I can't envision waiting at a charging station for an hour+ to slow-charge my car, especially in the rain or cold. Doesn't sound like a good time. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

So very, very sorry for your loss.  

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Welcome back Mimi!  We’re all so glad to hear from you.  I hope you continue to get a bit stronger every day.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

Oh no....I am so sorry.  My heart goes out to you.  And of course he knows you love him and always will.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Clothes are washed, and now we are packed.  Suitcases ready to go out to the my little SUV tomorrow morning.  Oh...and the new washer/dryer worked beautifully!  Washer is sooooo quiet!  I had to put my ear to the top to see if it was running...but also has a glass top to watch it woosh around.  😉 

Will feel really strange driving to the port again after almost 2 years!  😮  Nice it only takes us 20 minutes.  

Pretty sure we overpacked.  I am out of practice of being a practical packer.  😵  Hoping to be enjoying happy hour on board Harmony this time tomorrow.  

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Clothes are washed, and now we are packed.  Suitcases ready to go out to the my little SUV tomorrow morning.  Oh...and the new washer/dryer worked beautifully!  Washer is sooooo quiet!  I had to put my ear to the top to see if it was running...but also has a glass top to watch it woosh around.  😉 

Will feel really strange driving to the port again after almost 2 years!  😮  Nice it only takes us 20 minutes.  

Pretty sure we overpacked.  I am out of practice of being a practical packer.  😵  Hoping to be enjoying happy hour on board Harmony this time tomorrow.  

Have a great time and hopefully get to meet you next week.

• Like 2