Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, molly361 said:

I had not shared that my husband Dan was sick but sadly he lost his fight with cancer early this morning.  At least now he is at peace.  He went peacefully in his sleep in a Hospice Care Center

Molly I’m so very sorry to hear this. Lots of hugs from Mike and I. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

@ReneeFLL - Make sure that they have fixed the phantom braking issue in Mike's Model Y.  There was a problem when using the auto driving mode (whatever they call it) where the vision system would think that it sees an obstacle in front of the car and automatically applies the brakes.  It's a potentially serious safety issue.  One of the nice things about Teslas is that they can make fixes to some problems in software and then just push an update to the car.  They have supposedly done this with the phantom braking problem in the last couple of days.

Given that Mike is a pilot, he should have gone with the Model S.  He would have felt at home with the new yoke style steering wheel. 😄  Tesla is definitely challenging conventional car thinking.

Here's Why Tesla's Yoke-Style Steering May Not Be the Best Idea Ever

I sent an email to Mike to ask him. I would not like that steering wheel/yoke.

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It also looks like the Tesla Y will own the Mustang-e

https://insideevs.com/news/550307/ford-machegt-tesla-modely-performance/

When we were out yesterday we went from about 16 to 95mph in about 10 seconds. I knew it could go faster than that, but I can’t imagine what my stomach would feel like. 🤢

16 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

…I'm less intrigued about getting in these cars with sales people during covid, and actually told the local dealership that I won't do any driving unless the sales assistant is masked. They agreed and so it worked out pretty well….

When we were looking for a vehicle for me some of the sales people went with us, but the last one (which we ended up buying) let us go by ourselves. I was really surprised as that has never happened before. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I haven’t been active on the internet since I got home from the hospital because I feel like I’ve been run over by a fleet of semis. Not so much pain as exhaustion. 
I was scrolling through the humor thread looking for a laugh, and saw my name and replied. 
I’m adding that response here so y’all can see I’m still on the right side of the grass and gradually getting better. 

9AF220B7-1AE4-4087-ACC4-DEEB39767BDD.jpeg

Mimi, sorry it turned out to be worse than expected. 11 days must have been unbearable having to be in there. Happy you are at home and on the mend.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Molly I’m so very sorry to hear this. Lots of hugs from Mike and I. 

Sorry I meant Ellen.

18 hours ago, molly361 said:

I had not shared that my husband Dan was sick but sadly he lost his fight with cancer early this morning.  At least now he is at peace.  He went peacefully in his sleep in a Hospice Care Center

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband.  My sincere condolences 🙏 

I hope you can draw a lot of comfort that he went peacefully and is at peace 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I haven’t been active on the internet since I got home from the hospital because I feel like I’ve been run over by a fleet of semis. Not so much pain as exhaustion. 
I was scrolling through the humor thread looking for a laugh, and saw my name and replied. 
I’m adding that response here so y’all can see I’m still on the right side of the grass and gradually getting better. 

9AF220B7-1AE4-4087-ACC4-DEEB39767BDD.jpeg

Lovely to hear from you Mimi, I think we were all a little worried about you. 

But sorry to hear of the long hospital stay. Hopefully you are convalescing nicely at home and getting stronger every day 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, molly361 said:

I’m sorry to read about your loss. Virtual hugs from our home to yours. ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I saw it on the humour page, but am to see you posting here too. Hopefully with a bit more time, less than more, that feeling will dissipate and you will feel more like yourself.  Welcome back.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, helen haywood said:

What did you bribe the turkey with?  😆

Looks delicious, we didnt celebrate ThanksGiving this as one of our closest relatives passed away, nothing to celebrate really.. In any case, happy thanksgiving to those who do celebrate, I wish you and your families stay strong and healthy 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

Looks delicious, we didnt celebrate ThanksGiving this as one of our closest relatives passed away, nothing to celebrate really.. In any case, happy thanksgiving to those who do celebrate, I wish you and your families stay strong and healthy 

Sorry for your loss.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Overpacking for a cruise is a given! 🤣 Hoping you and Bucky will have a mahhhhvelous cruise filled with sunny skies and smooth sails. 

Thanks!  🙂 

Right now it is cloudy, but I don't care what kind of weather it is...just want to get on the ship!!  😄 

Leaving for the port in a couple of hours.  Suitcases in the SUV...ready to go.  🤗

• Like 8

14 hours ago, helen haywood said:

As we’re sailing on Edge tomorrow I’ll raise a glass in the air to toast your cruise!

Even before covid I’d somewhat succeeded in under packing with my “you’ll never see these people again” approach…

LOL!!  Love it!!  😄  

And cheers to you as well my friend.  Have a fantabulous cruise!!  🍷

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent!     Happy to hear everything is working out for your sailing tomorrow. 

Bon Voyage Pat and Bucky.

Have a Wonderful cruise🥰

Thanks!  We are excited to be heading to the port soon.  Will feel soooo foreign after almost 2 years of cruise deprival!  😮  😉 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  We are excited to be heading to the port soon.  Will feel soooo foreign after almost 2 years of cruise deprival!  😮  😉 

Have a splendid cruise!

I can’t imagine the feeling again of driving to the port and seeing our big beautiful ship waiting for us. 
I hope you enjoy every minute!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I know how you feel.  We had several deaths of close family and good friends recently as well.  I was feeling a bit lonely  and sorry for myself not having family except George to have Thanksgiving dinner with…. But then unexpectedly I got texts from three friends I hadn’t heard from in months so I decided if you don’t have family be thankful for friends.

(Which reminds me of a plaque I have on the wall by our back door:  “Friends Welcome, Family By Appointment .”  😉

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Have a splendid cruise!

I can’t imagine the feeling again of driving to the port and seeing our big beautiful ship waiting for us. 
I hope you enjoy every minute!

Thanks!  Trying to decided on the scenic way, (longer) or the straight shot down the highway.  Hmmm....may be too anxious to do the scenic.  😉 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, molly361 said:

I am so sorry for your loss.

All my love in thoughts and prayers for your Husband and also for you.

Take care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mimi- 

Very glad to see that you feel up to reading and posting on CC.   You made a good choice about going to the humor thread as laughter can be good medicine.Reading your posts here is a good sign that you are progressing with your recovery.

Hoping that you feel a bit stronger everyday.

As my DH and I say, it is a good day when we are alert and vertical !

Wishing all who post here a good day,especially those who are anticipating a Bon Voyage.

Happy Sunday to all.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

When we were looking for a vehicle for me some of the sales people went with us, but the last one (which we ended up buying) let us go by ourselves. I was really surprised as that has never happened before. 

When I bought the car that I have now the salesman not only let me take it out alone but offered to let me take it overnight. However, I had bought my previous car from him, I did not particularly need a new car, and at the time new cars were not moving all that quickly. He was doing all he could to get me to buy the car.

• Like 4