Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

36 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

@bobmacliberty

Yiu may have already done this, but Nights of Lights is worth a trip to St Augustine this time of year. 
There are tram snd trolley tours, but also a cruise along the waterfront. 
It ends Jan 31, so there are a couple of months to see it. 
It’s pretty special, and the restaurants stay open later than usual. 

6BBFC1CD-7765-4D29-8EA2-E4929079F50C.jpeg

Thanks Mimi!  We are looking for things to do in the next couple of weeks before heading to Cincinnati for Christmas.  This looks perfect!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Ships I am considering if we decide not to go on the Jan 9  Anthem cruise. Suggestions please?

Allure 8 N E Caribbean

Odyssey 8 N S Caribbean

Celebrity Equinox 12 N Ultimate Carib

Apex 7 Night E Carib.

Tough choice... Odyssey is brand new, and "they" say it's a beautiful ship.

I've been on Equinox, one of our best cruises to date. I like the itinerary too... which, as of NOW, includes Roseau and Grenada.

Since you've been already to an Edge class ship, I'll try the first too (I assume that you've already done Allure's itinerary several times 😉)

12 Days Caribbean-Southern

Celebrity Cruises • Celebrity Equinox
Fort Lauderdale, Saint Croix, Basseterre, Roseau, St. George's/Grenada, Bridgetown, Castries, St. John's/Antigua, Fort Lauderdale
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Ships I am considering if we decide not to go on the Jan 9  Anthem cruise. Suggestions please?

Allure 8 N E Caribbean

Odyssey 8 N S Caribbean

Apex 7 Night E Carib.

I would suggest either of the Celebrity ships.  Our cruise earlier this month on Edge was as close to pre-Covid as possible.  No masks anywhere onboard.  Our only Covid issue was Tortola where you had to take one of their excursions if you wanted to get off the ship.  None of them appealed to us, so we just relaxed by the pool.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I feel your pain. It's been happening a lot lately to me too. Sorry to hear that about the crew. I agree it starts at the top.

We have 2 cruises on Anthem out of Southampton England next year so hopefully things will have changed for the good by then.

Graham.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Allure 8 N E Caribbean

Odyssey 8 N S Caribbean

Apex 7 Night E Carib.

Out of those, I would go with Equinox as a first choice.  Longer is always better.  Equinox was the last ship we were on in the January before Covid hit, and I really liked that ship. 

Second choice would be Odyssey.  We were just on her last month to do that route, and she is a beautiful ship. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Tough choice... Odyssey is brand new, and "they" say it's a beautiful ship.

I've been on Equinox, one of our best cruises to date. I like the itinerary too... which, as of NOW, includes Roseau and Grenada.

Since you've been already to an Edge class ship, I'll try the first too (I assume that you've already done Allure's itinerary several times 😉)

12 Days Caribbean-Southern

Celebrity Cruises • Celebrity Equinox
Fort Lauderdale, Saint Croix, Basseterre, Roseau, St. George's/Grenada, Bridgetown, Castries, St. John's/Antigua, Fort Lauderdale

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Out of those, I would go with Equinox as a first choice.  Longer is always better.  Equinox was the last ship we were on in the January before Covid hit, and I really liked that ship. 

Second choice would be Odyssey.  We were just on her last month to do that route, and she is a beautiful ship. 

😁 Great minds, Mark 😁

@Arzeena

• Like 5

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Over the summer, we were in a good habit of walking a couple of miles every day.  We've gotten out of that habit and decided that post-Thanksgiving, it would be good to get back into walking.  We started this morning with a 2.5 mile walk to the beach.

Walking is such an excellent habit to get into.  It is amazing how much better you feel.  Susan and I have been doing it religiously for the last 6 years.  We usually try for a minimum of 5 miles a day. (I did go crazy one day and did over 40 miles, just to see if I could still do it)

Our hike today was not on a nice beach like yours.  We drove to Ohio for the Lanterman’s Mill festival, and hiked the trails there.  We parked a few miles away and walked in. 

One of the trail bridges along the way. 

52E52E5D-3E74-454B-B53F-068360CC3A28.thumb.jpeg.b335101a5b60f2a81f6fdd1e859b8a3a.jpeg

It is cold enough that ice is starting to form. 

8092B419-9A7A-4151-8B78-E27AB2D974BC.thumb.jpeg.31bbb60611ecb94cd7b350a917bd4b25.jpeg

We took time out of our walk to build a small snowman. 

B2AA3004-16D7-4E43-B1ED-2DF749D56441.thumb.jpeg.ba6bd940211a8c84c969101e291a5a83.jpeg

The Lanternman’s Mill was deck out with Christmas wreaths. 

A1614780-5108-40E1-9850-6E8825AD3A9B.thumb.jpeg.ad0d64e487c8a5a3bed8dcab60af8404.jpeg

They had a gifting tree that you could put hats and mittens on. 

4F2D5942-7237-4FE1-90B4-0AE7DE061065.thumb.jpeg.7b61f3da907ed6f5e6d25df908a0fefc.jpeg

Inside the mill, they had a cutaway model, and there were lots of craft vendors. 

4111B709-5BA9-4ACF-9762-52136FD77DDD.thumb.jpeg.ecbb9f577f9b19716ceef187f00299e6.jpeg

All told, we did 9.5 miles today.  

Just one of the stream pictures along the way. I forgot I uploaded this one.

008E7A2B-B4BF-405C-94DE-23B339F4C60A.jpeg

And to show how quickly things change here, I was typing this in the hot tub and it started snowing.  I got out and put the cover on, and in the amount of time to come back and edit this, the cover has an inch of snow now.  Wow, just a whiteout here. 🥶🥶

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 13

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I'm debating on taking off the mower  deck on my tractor and putting on the snow blade. Still going to wait it out though suppose to be in the mid 60's this week. Might need to mow the grass a couple more times.

We are officially done mowing here.   I think we may hit low 50s a couple days this week. 

Eric put the Scott's winterizer stuff on front and side yards.  We never do back yard since the cats come outback with us and I dont want the chemicals seeping into my garden beds either.

I would rather mow than plow or shovel snow any day

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Good Morning everyone!

Back home from the Anthem cruise. Read up on most posts, saw turkey pictures, read of severed fingers, WaWa and all.

Crystal, very sorry about your grandmom. Mimi, so happy to hear you posted on a thread.

Many of you have asked why I felt the crew did not seem happy......I asked myself, could be this specific cruise or maybe not.
Many of them seemed not happy on board, counting the weeks till they can go home, expressing how very stressed they were and needed to relax and destress. They seemed tired and were just going through their daily motions, yelled at by supervisors, and at times I felt some bullying going on by the Indian crew. Not good! I felt very sorry for many of the underlings.

A happy ship has a happy leader and top team. Not here! They really need to bring Captain Sreko Ban back on the Anthem FAST. (Those who know him, will know what I am talking about) or give the Anthem a cheerful booster dose of Captain Kate! LOL😁

So sorry to hear this about the crew.  

Did it impact food in wj or dinner in other restaurants, etc?

I hope they improve by january for our b2b in jan.  

If you do jump ship, I would pick the 12 nighter on Equinox.  We liked allure but weren't thrilled with allure.  We would like to try odyssey but I like longer sailings so I would pick the 12 nighter.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have 2 cruises on Anthem out of Southampton England next year so hopefully things will have changed for the good by then.

Graham.

I really think some of the problem has been that the crew has had to stay on board and could not leave the ship on port days. I think that is starting to change now but you have to wonder if some of that was a factor.

• Like 5