Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I cannot pin point one particular thing, just the vibe was a lot different.   Didnt feel that friendly.  

We had a boardwalk balcony and doubt we will get one again on this ship class.   Was nice to see aqua show but we missed the privacy of OV balcony.  We were on Jan 2020 for 7 night sailing then we hoped over to Serenade for 23 or 24 night sailing and felt right at home on Serenade.

Serenade is a beautiful ship. However, I really missed the Royal Promenade when we were aboard and didn't appreciate the lack of late night food offerings. It is the Aqua Theater that has hooked me on O class. The problem though is shows there are very weather and technology dependent.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Serenade is a beautiful ship. However, I really missed the Royal Promenade when we were aboard and didn't appreciate the lack of late night food offerings. It is the Aqua Theater that has hooked me on O class. The problem though is shows there are very weather and technology dependent.

I do enjoy the aqua theaters and some other ship features.   I do not like location of spa and lack of ocean view for some treatments in O class.  

Again, it was just the vibe of my last sailing on her.

It is interesting how the same class of ships have different vibes.  I loved the Oasis, yet Allure and Harmony were okay but not the same as Oasis.  Allure is basically the exact same ship but the warmth was missing.  I was so happy we were able to do the Simulation on Oasis!!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Alexa tells me it is 3:54 AM in Tel Aviv . Why are you not asleep , Dani ?  

The new variant is messing with travel plans where you are .  Hope all is well very soon .

😁😁 Alexa is wrong.... it is only 2.54 AM in Tel Aviv.😉

I can't sleep, a huge problem for me, mainly because of all the worries.... Sleeping 3 continuous hours is a blessing.

Thanks 🌷

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

It is interesting how the same class of ships have different vibes.  I loved the Oasis, yet Allure and Harmony were okay but not the same as Oasis.  Allure is basically the exact same ship but the warmth was missing.  I was so happy we were able to do the Simulation on Oasis!!!!!

The same ship can also vary by sailing. Our first sailing on Oasis left a lot to be desired. I remember back then writing a review here on CC about the various issues and the ship's management. I'm not sure why we gave the ship another try but the next sailing we did on the ship was great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I can't sleep, a huge problem for me, mainly because of all the worries.... Sleeping 3 continuous hours is a blessing.

Thanks 🌷

Happy Hanukkah to you and your family ! I’ll have to fire Alexa or else listen more closely when she speaks .   

Please try to get some rest .  

Edited by NHProud
  • Haha 1

Good morning.

Is 06.45 am -4°C with snow and ice covering outside.

Pauline has to go into her office today and we will be leaving in 30 minutes.

It is only the second time in 18 months as she has been working from home.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks 🌷

Sorry to hear about your sleeping problems Dani, and hope that all your worries are small.

I'm not the best sleeper in the world but I find listening to music or a audio book is a form of mindfulness in that it calms my mind down. I set a 30 min timer on my phone so it automatically switches off and am usually asleep before the time is up.

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I really think some of the problem has been that the crew has had to stay on board and could not leave the ship on port days. I think that is starting to change now but you have to wonder if some of that was a factor.

I guess some of the crew have been on since the beginning of summer when operations started again. I wasn't on Anthem, but on Celebrity the crew weren't allowed off in the ports in the UK and I presume RC was the same .

It's tough for them 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks 🌷

I'm sorry to hear you are not sleeping well Dani because of worries.

Sending prayers 🙏 for your worries to be only small ones and that you and your family can enjoy life fully.

Best Regards.

Graham.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Exactly!  

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Is 06.45 am -4°C with snow and ice covering outside.

Pauline has to go into her office today and we will be leaving in 30 minutes.

It is only the second time in 18 months as she has been working from home.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

I am not good with converting C to F but that sounds really cold.  Be safe and stay warm.

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The same ship can also vary by sailing. Our first sailing on Oasis left a lot to be desired. I remember back then writing a review here on CC about the various issues and the ship's management. I'm not sure why we gave the ship another try but the next sailing we did on the ship was great.

This is so true!

I am thinking if I had stayed back for the following sailings of the Anthem our experience would be a bit different. But I don't know if crew morale would have been any different(?) or are they just hopes.
Anyway, we thought we would change it up a bit and give the Anthem a break to get its strength back😉. I will ask about moving the Jan 9 Anthem to Allure Jan 8,  but have to call first and discuss what "options" I have, since a lot of FCCs and their multiples are involved. If it is too complicated, we will have to stick with it.

Just finished the survey. Completed the "would you like to give more details on..." sections. Gave names of three outstanding staff memebers.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 5

CC ate up my post last night, but I wanted to elaborate on the entertainment and food on the sailing.

Entertainment: Very good! No complaints. Enjoyed it a lot. Lots of themed and general Trivia. Usual game shows.

Saw WWRY for the 5th time. Enjoyed it more than previous times. I think it has been rechoreographed because I noticed some slight changes.

Skipped Spectra...never a fan. Once was good.

(The Gift was not shown)

Enjoyed David Klinkenberg's show. WOW. Not to be missed.

Enjoyed Frankie and the Dreamers, although not a big Frankie fan, but they started with "Grease is the word" and I stayed for the entire show and loved it.... I am a big John Travolta fan since school.😁

Beatles show was good.

Candela Latin group was very good. I went to see them at Boler's and the Music Hall.

Richie Minervini (comedian).  I don't know what to say exactly, but I stayed till the end and that says a lot.

Did not see the juggler's entire show.

Any questions, please ask.

• Like 5