Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

50 minutes ago, island lady said:

We ended up taking the scenic route.  Thought we were still early...then found out the garage had already filled up, and had to park in the open lot.  Lots of pax already checking in way ahead of us, even with an early check in time.  

At least you’re there. Once I’m checked in, I don’t care what it took to get me there!

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

No problem.  We had to use up a time share credit with RCI.  This was the Exploria resort, Summer Bay Orlando on 192 near state road 27.  Big resort, some quirks...but basically a nice place and very welcoming.  Publix grocery right next door.  😉 

Actually we own at Sheraton Vistana.  Have owned that unit for almost 45 years...when time share was an unheard of thing.  We have only stayed there twice since owning it.  Use it in the RCI system to exchange all over the world.  

We owned for years at Orange Lake Resort, which has always been beautifully maintained, including the gorgeous landscaping. Then our kids and their kids grew up and don’t have as much time to spend.  We still own at Hilton Head, the mountains of Nirth Georgia, and a big bunch of Wyndham points. Bought Big Canoe in North Georgia in 1975!! Still a beautiful area. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Styles is from the boy band One Direction. It was a group put together by Simon Cowell.

Hmm, never thought I'd be teaching you something about music.☺

They were originally auditioned and appeared as single singers on 2010 X Factor but they were not good enough then they were put together to make a group by Simon Cowell during the UK X Factor in 2010.

One Direction actually only came third on the TV show that year.

Graham.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Standing on the balcony when we got up in the middle of the night to smell the fresh sea air, glance up at the moon and stars, and feel the sea wind in our hair.....we both hugged and commented about how wonderful it was to be back on a ship again.  🥰

Going to enjoy this next 2 weeks!  🤗

Awesome!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I have to read for at least an hour before I try to sleep. If I don’t get to bed till midnight, I still have to read. 
It stops the treadmill my mind runs on. 

Micheline has to listen to the sound of the TV.  She puts on the ID Channel to watch detective stuff like Joe Kendra.  She says that puts her to sleep for some reason.  For me, I close my eyes and am out cold within a couple of minutes, no matter what's happening around me.

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Your worries, which are very real, eclipse 99% of mine. 
There is no answer for them, either, except to follow my husband’s advice, which doesn’t work for me. 
He always says “Don’t worry about anything you have no control over”.

Easier said than done. 

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That is the exact same thing I have always told Susan. 

Stephen Covey, author of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (and other books) captured this idea in his 3 circles.  Focus on the circle of control...what you can directly change.  Let go of the circle of concern...what we cannot control or influence.

Circle of concern v Circle of control – Discovery in Action

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Coming soon hopefully on December 23rd, Meet our newest family member,

Elizabeth or "Lizzy" as we will call her.

This is EXACTLY why I don't even want to consider getting a new dog right now.  One look at a puppy like Lizzy and it would be over.  No way I could ever say no to that.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline has to listen to the sound of the TV.  She puts on the ID Channel to watch detective stuff like Joe Kendra.  She says that puts her to sleep for some reason.  For me, I close my eyes and am out cold within a couple of minutes

Same in our home.  Jim puts his head on the pillow, he's out for the count.  For me, I need the sounds of the TV.  I set the timer on the TV.... an hour and a half later, I usually then fall asleep.🤞

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

They were originally auditioned and appeared as single singers on 2010 X Factor but they were not good enough then they were put together to make a group by Simon Cowell during the UK X Factor in 2010.

One Direction actually only came third on the TV show that year.

Graham.

Funny One Direction story.  My daughter's best friend in high school was a big fan of One Direction.  Her father, a friend of mine, was at a corporate training session with people from other companies.  One of the other training class attendees was the father of a woman who was One Direction's manager (or something like that).  At the end of the training session, everyone had to say what they would like to do for someone else (or something like that...not sure I have the story exactly correct).  The bottom line is that the manager's father talked to the manager, who talked to the guys in One Direction.  They all began following my daughter's friend on Twitter. 

My daughter's friend went from about 100 people following her on Twitter (almost all friends) to more than 10,000 people following her in a matter of hours.  It was crazy watching her follower count climb in near real time.  1D fans must have assumed that she was important, because all of the 1D guys were following her.  She was afraid to actually tweet anything because she now had such a large audience of followers.  This was in maybe 2014 or 2015.  She tweets about once a month now, mostly retweets about things related to her grad school, and she still has more than 7500 followers.  Gotta love social media.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

No problem.  We had to use up a time share credit with RCI.  This was the Exploria resort, Summer Bay Orlando on 192 near state road 27.  Big resort, some quirks...but basically a nice place and very welcoming.  Publix grocery right next door.  😉 

Actually we own at Sheraton Vistana.  Have owned that unit for almost 45 years...when time share was an unheard of thing.  We have only stayed there twice since owning it.  Use it in the RCI system to exchange all over the world.  

We know that area well, we have a time share nearby at the Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort right off of 192. Love it there.!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

WE just returned from a week in San Antonia, Tx,  visiting with our son and wife, their 2 children, and her parents.  Both children have birthdays soon, so it combined Thanksgiving and two birthdays. 

Our flight out involved a connection in ATL, and for the first time in memory, the connecting flight was 2 gates away.  But the return flight, we arrived from SAT to terminal T , I didn't even know there was a terminal T, and the flight home was from B.  And ATL was mobbed. I don't think I have seen such large crowds there before. Maybe, it is just since the Covid thing, we are more aware of being around large crowds.  

WE ae just glad we had the booster shot a couple of weeks before. 

• Like 5

Well, finally pulled the plug this afternoon on a Vinyl Gazebo. We have talked about getting one even when we lived in NJ. 

It's  12x12, has screens and a door we can either leave on or take off. Also comes with a Swing and Cupola.

I played this song on my phone when I took her to go see the Gazebo yesterday. She was very happy! Some of you might know what movie the song is from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FddRcJwlT4

Delivery is this Wednesday

Merry Christmas to Us. 🙂

659721724.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

IMG_3090.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 13

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Well, finally pulled the plug this afternoon on a Vinyl Gazebo. We have talked about getting one even when we lived in NJ. 

It's  12x12, has screens and a door we can either leave on or take off. Also comes with a Swing and Cupola.

I played this song on my phone when I took her to go see the Gazebo yesterday. She was very happy! Some of you might know what movie the song is from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FddRcJwlT4

Delivery is this Wednesday

Merry Christmas to Us. 🙂

659721724.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

IMG_3090.jpg

Beautiful!  Enjoy!  Our daughter and SIL have one that looks just like yours, minus the swing.  You'll spend so much time in there!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

We know that area well, we have a time share nearby at the Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort right off of 192. Love it there.!

Thank you Pat (@Island lady) for the info. I could not find your post so am replying here.

Thanks Jimbo. I will also look into Orange lake.

The unit we were given in Vistana I drive location, was 202 Building 3. It looked Ok, clean, decent decor, screened balcony facing fountain and lake. I would have stayed, but then I noticed that all the cabinet floor boards in the kitchen were eaten up/ "chewed up" and I noticed what looked like a "home" for Micky's cousin. Could it be that his family was also staying there? I freaked out. We checked out.

I was so looking forward to trying the Vistana, but this really put me off. Perhaps the other Vistana across from the Blue Herons is better?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That sounds wonderful Lenny.

I hope you all have a fantastic time together.

Graham.

These are longtime friends who we have known 38 years.They cruise a lot but do not post on cruise boards.

I had a phone conversation late today with a guy who is on CC but rarely posts.We became offline friends in 2011 but lost touch about two years ago.He called me today and I suggested that he try posting on this site.I hope he does.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Same in our home.  Jim puts his head on the pillow, he's out for the count.  For me, I need the sounds of the TV.  I set the timer on the TV.... an hour and a half later, I usually then fall asleep.🤞

I am like Jim ,Toby needs the sound of the TV to fall sleep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1