Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

CONGRATULATIONS!    How exciting for everyone.     Is this your youngest Daughter's first baby?🥰

This is her 1st baby and will be our 7th grandchild.  What a blessing.  Aubrey asked when the baby will hatch.  😂 She asked the same thing when they told her "driver" was on the way.  😆 

‘She just tested earlier before we opened the box.  She will have her blood test the morning of January 7th. We are leaving that afternoon to fly to Orlando and plan to cruise the 9th on Harmony.  

• Like 6

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

MaryAnn:

I saw that you posted something about Forked River a few days ago.I have a question.Years ago Toby had a cousin who retired from the NYPD and moved to Barnegat with his family.Soon after he had a party of relatives and friends most of whom were retired from the NYPD.The party was at a restaurant in Forked River.One of his friends came over to me and asked if this was my first time in the area and I replied that it was.He told me that the name of the city is not Forked but Fork Ed.I never knew if he was kidding or serious and never asked anyone.I totally forgot about this till I saw your post.Is that correct or was he kidding with me ?

Lenny, most people say Fork Ed, but others say Forked.  We're here 5 years now, and really don't know which is correct.    On the street we live on, some of our mail says Forked River.  Some mail lists our street as in Lanoka Harbor.  Every once in a while, we get mail that says we live in (I forget the name) some Village.  Very strange.  But, we always get our mail!  LOL!  I do know that the taxes we pay are along the lines of Lanoka Harbor...ouch!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Oh, what I would give to sleep that late, or that long. 

Average sleep my last 4 days. 

A4FE1656-7601-4F93-95B8-F14DD4401DFA.thumb.jpeg.2dd8d359eda3b8ed5e941408b3a6f44b.jpeg

My average nightly sleep is close to the average for the year. 

2A9CEBAD-7CDC-43C9-908D-FE165CAD50CF.thumb.png.155c82cf1fbc9c832b421e67278ca479.png

I don't sleep well either, wake up every two hours or so.  I find listening to mindful music or a favourite audio book with a 30 min automatic switch off usually lulls me back to sleep before the 30 minutes is up

• Like 6

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is late morning here and 34°F and sunny.

It is 2 years today since I had my heart attack.

Take care and stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham 

Happy Anniversary, Graham!  

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

In total took about 45 minutes with the required 10 min wait after the shot.

Last night I had minor headache and upper arm is sore this morning.  I tossed and turned all night and slept in till 830 this morning.  Otherwise I feel okay and ready to start my cookie baking🤩

It's a good thing you got to sleep in this morning after the night you had.  I'm glad you feel up to doing your cookie baking today, Debbie.😉

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Busy day today as we are hosting a Christmas party for some of my closest work friends. Going with BBQ ribs, brisket, pulled pork, cheesy potatoes, cole slaw and baked beans. I hope everyone will be hungry. I may not be able to check back in till tomorrow. I hope everyone has a fantastic day filled with fun, food, friends and festivities. Merry Christmas!

Have a great time with your closest work friends, Greg!  Everything sounds yummy!

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

At the bottom of the box was a picture but I couldn’t figure out what it is.  Must be a pic of the gift that will later arrive.

Congratulations!!!!!  Best gift EVER!!!!❤️

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Cuteness update. The breeder just sent this to us. Best Christmas present ever to us.

IMG_0622.thumb.JPG.9bc9eb709deb8e91de31b005db656218.JPG

Cuteness overload!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This is her 1st baby and will be our 7th grandchild.  What a blessing.  Aubrey asked when the baby will hatch.  😂 She asked the same thing when they told her "driver" was on the way.  😆 

‘She just tested earlier before we opened the box.  She will have her blood test the morning of January 7th. We are leaving that afternoon to fly to Orlando and plan to cruise the 9th on Harmony.  

January 7th, My Birthday!

• Like 5

I had the "CC crud" for a while today.  My turn not to be able to post.  Hopefully, it was only a hiccup.

@Ozark_KidWhat an exciting and wonderful Christmas gift to receive!

@Sea Dog Lizzy looks like she's waiting impatiently for you to bring her home

@DaniDanielleYou share my daughter's birthday.  Katie Couric also!

Regarding chocolate covered popcorn.  It's sold in Kroger and Walmart.  I bought a bag last week and it lasted 3 days in my pantry!  Did I mention Jack doesn't eat popcorn?😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So far I have made a batch of rum balls that are chilling in the fridge to be rolled in godiva cocoa powder later on, made a batch of tollhouse cookies with M&M's, batch of tollhouse with chocolate chunks, 2 batches of fudge - one dark chocolate with pecans and the other is milk chocolate with mini marshmallows and one batch of oatmeal with raisin. 

I have to run to the food store and figure out dinner and get more confectioner sugar as I had a major spill of powder sugar everywhere including on top of Eva's head and back as she kept hanging out in the kitchen and getting under my feet.      

Tomorrow I will make Russian Tea Cakes for the first time, peanut butter cookies and a batch of oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips.     Tonight I think I better start to wrap some presents.   I have quite a pile of boxes and bags in my dining room to sort through.  

You are one busy baker, Debbie!  Everything sounds too delicious!  Enjoy making your Russian Tea Cakes.  

It's just too bad for me that you're not in LBI.  I would drive on over to try your many baked goodies!🥰

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Just got our NYE reservations made for dinner, since our entire family will be celebrating in Florida.   Of course, with the recent uptick, they wanted someplace outdoors.  Going to The Field Irish Pub, a place we discovered a few years ago.  I hope it is still good as I remember.

Where in Florida is this, Mark?  🤔😎

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Is this for the CC Virtual Christmas party ?

Love it, Lenny!!😊

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

And yes...I have the luxury of enjoying my sleep.  😴😴😴

Do you realize how very lucky you are, Bob?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So far I have made a batch of rum balls that are chilling in the fridge to be rolled in godiva cocoa powder later on, made a batch of tollhouse cookies with M&M's, batch of tollhouse with chocolate chunks, 2 batches of fudge - one dark chocolate with pecans and the other is milk chocolate with mini marshmallows and one batch of oatmeal with raisin. 

I have to run to the food store and figure out dinner and get more confectioner sugar as I had a major spill of powder sugar everywhere including on top of Eva's head and back as she kept hanging out in the kitchen and getting under my feet.      

Tomorrow I will make Russian Tea Cakes for the first time, peanut butter cookies and a batch of oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips.     Tonight I think I better start to wrap some presents.   I have quite a pile of boxes and bags in my dining room to sort through.  

In an emergency, you can make confectioner’s sugar by throwing granulated sugar into your very dry blender. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Where in Florida is this, Mark?  🤔😎

It is in Fort Lauderdale.  It is about 11 miles from where we are staying at the beach. 

Years past, we would go to Benihana for NYE dinner.  We usually go early, because the grandkids want to be back to the house to do their own celebration. 

On 12/17/2021 at 6:47 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I have a final payment due next week for a January cruise and I'm also struggling with whether or not to pull the plug. I have a good price on it and have not had a vacation in two years now. The right side of my brain says go and the left side says I'm crazy to even consider going.

I feel for everyone in that position. I’m just so glad we don’t have to fly. Also glad Mike is up front which gets continuous fresh air and not recirculated.

23 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Speaking of photo related things, did anyone else get the emails from royal and celebrity, giving you a code for a free 8.5 x 8.5 photo book from mixbook? 

When was this? Either we didn’t get the email or I deleted it thinking they were trying to sell us something. 

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Going to The Field Irish Pub, a place we discovered a few years ago.  I hope it is still good as I remember.

That’s a fun place. The Hot Rod Show on Wednesdays can be hysterical.

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

…Where in Florida is this, Mark?  

It’s in Fort Lauderdale between the turnpike and 95 on Griffin. The entertainment is good.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It is in Fort Lauderdale.  It is about 11 miles from where we are staying at the beach. 

Years past, we would go to Benihana for NYE dinner.  We usually go early, because the grandkids want to be back to the house to do their own celebration. 

We haven’t been there on NYE, but St. Patrick’s Day is fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Lenny, most people say Fork Ed, but others say Forked.  We're here 5 years now, and really don't know which is correct.    On the street we live on, some of our mail says Forked River.  Some mail lists our street as in Lanoka Harbor.  Every once in a while, we get mail that says we live in (I forget the name) some Village.  Very strange.  But, we always get our mail!  LOL!  I do know that the taxes we pay are along the lines of Lanoka Harbor...ouch!

I bet that never happened when you lived in SI😀

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

When we stay in FLL before cruises, the only place I can talk Dick into fir dinner is Zuccarelli’s on North Federal Highway in Pompano. 
The food is delicious, the garlic rolls to die for. 
The aroma hits you when you walk in the door and you just know it’s really good Italian. 
Next time, I’ll try to add Field’s Irish Pub. 
Especially if they have Boxty. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

What a beautiful kitty.

Unfortunately stupid can’t be fixed. I just don’t understand how people can believe this. He probably thinks covid is fake also. 🙄

Holly cat tail! That’s long.

@helen haywood More beautiful kitty photos.

A very handsome lad,is the kitty.

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

He said he was speaking with his barber and that Roger Waters is the denier. At least that’s how I read it.

My Barber was born in Russia.He learned English from listening to Classic Rock music.He is an Orthodox Jew. I asked him if he likes the group Pink Floyd.He said Yes.I said that I am conflicted because I love their music but that the lead singer ,Roger Waters is a Holocaust denier.My Barbra replied that he too is conflicted because he loves listening to the band.

• Like 2

We got home from the hospital yesterday after waiting 1 1/2 hours while they looked for my cane. I last saw it in pre-op, where they said my things would be safe. 
Finally gave up, and left with no cane 

When we got home and settled, Dick needed to walk, since he missed three mile walk all week. 
I carefully got undressed and put a nightgown on. That’s when I realized I had a capped off needle on the inside if my elbow. I had seen many an iv needle pulled out, so was ready with a cotton ball and tape when I carefully pulled off the tape and pulled out the needle.
Holy Niagara Falls!
Blood poured out like I’d struck oil.  
I grabbed a bunch of Kleenex and pressed it against my arm, and they were immediately soaked through. 
The bed, carpet, nightgown and the left side of my body were soaked. 
Grabbed more Kleenex, pressed it against the inside of my elbow and scuttled to the linen closet. 
We had bought gauze pads because of last month’s surgery. 
I grabbed several pads, applied pressure and the bleeding turned off like a faucet. 
Evidently the capped needle as there so the middle of the night vampires could draw blood without turning on the light. 
The blood would have backed up waiting to be released, and I released it. 
Dick came home and about fainted. Not because of the blood, but because he thought something went horribly wrong. 
He threw everything in to soak while I tried to clean the blood off me. No shower because of the new pacemaker. 
Luckily, we’re ok with blood, at least so far!

He got down on the floor and cleaned the carpet and the bathroom floor, remade the bed, and then we watched Jeopardy!

Quite the homecoming, and still no cane!

I hope I didn’t ruin anyone’s dinner!

• Like 19