Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 12/18/2021 at 12:13 PM, bobmacliberty said:

I don't remember who here was talking about YouTube TV but if you have not yet signed up, I'd wait.  YouTube is negotiating with Disney for their channels.  As of the end of yesterday, YouTubeTV no longer offers any Disney owned content.  As compensation, they are reducing the monthly rate from $65 to $50 while this continues to happen.  I was not originally concerned about this because we separately have the Disney+ service.  The $15 monthly price reduction actually looked like a savings to me since I was paying for duplicate content.  I did not realize though that Disney also owns ABC, ESPN, and a few other networks that we sometimes watch.  These other networks are not in the Disney+ service so as of yesterday, I don't have access to these networks.  YouTube TV even removed any recorded content from these networks on their cloud DVR service.  I hope my daughter is all caught up with the Bachelorette!  More info on this YouTube TV web page.  

I've been through this a few times with various providers (including once before with YouTube TV on Roku) and it is usually resolved quickly.  Still, I'm not happy about missing ESPN and ABC so I contacted YouTube TV and said that I would be switching services if this isn't resolved by year end.  I know that's a lot like coming here and blasting Royal Caribbean with a threat to switch cruise lines.  YouTube TV doesn't know (and in the big picture may not care) that I exist.  Switching to a competitor service like Hulu + Live TV or DirecTV Streaming is very easy to do though, especially with the ability to pause a YouTube TV subscription and get a trial version of other services.  

So if you're thinking of signing up for YouTube TV, I'd hold until this gets resolved.

That didn’t take long. For those who care, YouTube and Disney have come to an agreement and Disney owned channels are now back on YouTube TV. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That didn’t take long. For those who care, YouTube and Disney have come to an agreement and Disney owned channels are now back on YouTube TV. 

Probably because of all the CC folks you rallied to protest 😀

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Elvis Costello ?

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Elvis Aron Presley ?

Why do you often try to create drama? 

@dani negreanu She asked for 2 things. Play nice and try not to make the pages so long by either not multi-quoting or turning a short post into half a page. There are 2 that are constantly ignoring her. I'm not sure why since she was so nice in creating this thread and has requested those things several times. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I was surprised when I opened it.  I had forgotten I even mentioned it to anyone.  I hope we will get to use it in a few weeks at Thrill Waterpark.  Have you ever tried it on the chairs at Coco Cay?

We had a different model when we were at CC. After looking at some of my pics, their chairs are bigger where the legs are. If it doesn't fit on the chairs I'm sure it would in the umbrella.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Another wonderful Christmas tradition continues.  My kids love me😊83467FDA-71E0-478F-A0D7-3DDCD4D37868.thumb.jpeg.9b31644f193449df36bd15fb35952dac.jpeg

Beautiful photo of you Marietta! Belvedere ,nice choice. Cheers to you! Love the tree. I spy the elf on shelf. I have my original my mom had to spy on us when we were kids sitting in my tree.

25 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Glad they reached an agreement. I got the email that said they would credit my account $15 dollars.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Video please, this sounds like fun. 😁

No video but with only I bandage later 8 squirrels safely released into the wild.  LOL  P.S.  those suckers sure can bite.  

Edited by Keksie
spelling
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

We saw him in Vegas in 1973.  He didn’t have to sing, he could have just stood there and we would have been happy.  He was such a beautiful looking man!

I went to a country music concert in 1956 or 57. The stars were Jimmie Rodgers, Hank Snow and Mother Maybelle and the Carter Family. 
We only went because our friend was a big country music fan. 
At the end of the concert, they introduced a young man who had made a couple of records. He sang one for us…don’t remember any more if it was Heartbreak Hotel. 
I managed to be in the mob to get his autograph. He was in a ticket window if our baseball park. 
With the pushing and shoving, I got really nervous, but got close enough to grab one of the metal bars on the window and shove my program in. 
He smiled at me, and I was in love. Still am. 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

At the end of the concert, they introduced a young man who had made a couple of records. He sang one for us…don’t remember any more if it was Heartbreak Hotel. 

4 minutes ago, George C said:

I regret not seeing him live , great entertainer. 

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Mimi, How lucky were you?  We were close but not enough to catch a scarf!

+3 💕

Mimi, I googled "Heartbreak Hotel"... I had no idea that's one of the songs I like so much. I was heartbroken in August 16th, 1977 when he died so young.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

+3 💕

Mimi, I googled "Heartbreak Hotel"... I had no idea that's one of the songs I like so much. I was heartbroken in August 16th, 1977 when he died so young.

He had only made two records but was getting popular fast. We were so lucky they let him be part of that concert. 
He came to Jacksonville quite a few times, so I saw him 3 or 4 times after that. 
Way way back in the arena, though. Nowhere near close to the stage!

Holding on to the bars of that ticket window and looking at him so close, I had no idea the impact he would have.