Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

If you can do an independent excursion, I can highly recommend "The Grand Tour of St. Kitts" with the Thenford Grey company. Excellent for first timers.

http://www.thenfordgreytours.com/

15 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Agreed.  We did the Thenford Grey Grand Tour and enjoyed it.

11 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I second that!

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

+3    Thenford Grey does a great job and has very reasonable prices too! Travel Approved Tours)

Y’all are making this an easy choice!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have a sky loft suite booked on this cruise that I got really cheap, will be our first.  We have sailed Anthem a bunch but never aft facing, so this one on Quantum should be interesting.  I am hoping we get similar perks that we have had sky class on Anthem in the past.  We are looking towards Celebrity for something in the future though to see their perks.  Our plan with this suite was to hide out as we were coming out of covid in May 2021, see how well that plan went. 😨  

We haven’t book any loft suites because of my knees which hate stairs. The basic celebrity suite seems to be a better deal than rccl since it normally includes , tips, premium drink package and on board credit, also suite restaurant Luminae is way better than CK. The new edge class has private pool hot tub, outdoor restaurant for all suite class. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

St. Kitts just lifted their restrictions the other week.   You are now permitted to book private excursions.    As Dani mentioned Thenford Grey does a great job.   http://www.thenfordgreytours.com/   

Our first time there we did the Grand Tour, another time we did the Capital City Tour with beach visit. 

We have also enjoyed the royal caribbean railway excursion - bit pricey but was a lot of fun pre-covid. 

We were on a b2b and going to be in St Kitts the following week so I asked the bus driver what beach and they highly recommended Carambola Beach so we went there the next week and have gone back several times.   Hope to be there a couple times in January .🤩

Do you remember if any of those tours are open air?  When we were at st Thomas we road in an opened air bus to Magens Bay and it wasn’t that bad.  At st Martin we didn’t do a tour because we didn’t want to drive around for hours in a closed vehicle with mask on. I know if the cruise friends pick, we will head to the beach.  We like beaches to but also think it would be nice to see St Kitts.  The place looks beautiful.

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Do you remember if any of those tours are open air?  When we were at st Thomas we road in an opened air bus to Magens Bay and it wasn’t that bad.  At st Martin we didn’t do a tour because we didn’t want to drive around for hours in a closed vehicle with mask on. I know if the cruise friends pick, we will head to the beach.  We like beaches to but also think it would be nice to see St Kitts.  The place looks beautiful.

I remember one of the tours was done in one of those small shuttle vans (like below) and I sat upfront with the driver.    We had a lot of fun!     

image.jpeg.a82df6367759226eba402bd79ee4e4ec.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Were you guys, Pfizer or Moderna?  I think I remember there being more reactions to Moderna (which we got) than Pfizer for the original shots.  I wonder if that's true for the boosters.

We had a Moderna booster to go with our Pfizer shots. Other than a sore arm, we still had no side effects. :classic_smile:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When we were in St Maarten on celebrity in July bus was not open air and had no a/c so we just got off and got are money back, last month wanted to do orient beach but rccl said there were unrest in the French side and not to go , hopefully will get there on our February cruise.

• Like 1

Again trying to catch up with all the postings here....

Thank you, Mimi for posting  your thoughtful words about this thread. Very good news that your heart rate is in control with the pacemaker. After all,you have a very good heart and a kind spirit. Wishing you continued health progress.

Thank you,Dani for starting this thread so many months ago. And to think,it all started with cleaning a refrigerator !

Thank you, John for posting Bella’s photo taken by the Christmas tree. I think she would put a smile even on both Scrooge’s and the Grinch's faces. She definitely is a model the way she relates to the camera .

Thank you,Andrew for posting that Chevy commercial. I saw part of it last night and was touched by it. Seeing the full story unfold is certainly worthy of a few Kleenex and an appreciation of the kindness shown throughout the commercial.

Now, if I should find a restored ‘66 Mustang in the garage someday, I would be ecstatic and grateful ! Some good memories for me.

Thank you all for keeping the conversations posted here  pleasant, informative and supportive. It is like visiting with neighbors on a front porch in the warm weather. All we need is lemonade and some yummy cookies.

But wait, we do have the recipes for Limoncello and some delicious,homemade cookies!

Wishing everyone a good night!

MJ 🙋🏻

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Ours was a huge bus. Lots of people from the roll call for the main tour. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We both have had Pfizer for all 3 doses.   

My Brother had Moderna for all 3 doses and he had a reaction with each dose.

2 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We had a Moderna booster to go with our Pfizer shots. Other than a sore arm, we still had no side effects. :classic_smile:

@bobmacliberty

Adding our experience, Jim and I both had Pfizer for all 3 doses, quite sore arm with the first 2, not as bad with #3.  My daughter and SIL on the other hand had Pfizer for the first 2 and were both down and out for about 36 hrs on the 1st, felt yucky for the 2nd but not out of it like the 1st.  For their boosters they went with Moderna, no issues other than a tender arm for a day.  

I have heard the arm soreness can depend on how the shot is given and how relaxed your arm is, otherwise who knows.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I saw Carambola on Below Deck, last week I think.

I saw it too and brought back memories when we ere there last November. A very nice beach, with restrooms, showers, bar and restaurant. I recommend it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Woke up to this around 12:30 last night.  Neighbors across the street had a small fire back part of their house.  Everyone is fine.

20211220_002805.thumb.jpg.ceb4e7f84fece9e4e62c2e2bfbcbd9c5.jpg

That’s sad. Glad they made it out safely. Hope they will be able to live there again soon.

We had that happen across the canal about 24 years ago. Woke up in the middle of the night to lots of noise. Watched it burn to the ground. It was scary and horrible and I cried all night. IIRC no one was hurt. The cement foundation sat there for probably about 8 years. Now there is a beautiful house there.

9 hours ago, mafig said:

Sad day for me.  Cancelled our January cruise.  First cruise I've cancelled in over 20 years.  😒

Sorry you had to cancel your cruise. I think not worrying is better for the mind so was probably a good choice. May your next one have fewer requirements.

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What are YOU apologizing for? You posted nothing wrong. The comment to you was lame.

👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I saw Carambola on Below Deck, last week I think.

Yes you did. 😁

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I saw it too and brought back memories when we ere there last November. A very nice beach, with restrooms, showers, bar and restaurant. I recommend it.

Beautiful location. 

F5F61D69-2370-4D4C-A7DF-09A3DBB16293.thumb.jpeg.bb24b473f1b003f58de91b972a4b0bae.jpeg

Great food and drink. Their ribs were very tasty.

5027E9DB-B620-4FDD-95A3-B24C5BFB4DB6.thumb.jpeg.179c167a2ab0a7f1e3e9064616997b2d.jpeg

And the beach, well you be the judge of that. 😂 

8ED15480-EED5-4440-A159-49730B464203.thumb.jpeg.772258c617117e021f1d227544e61ccd.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We looked at this cruise a few times.  This cruise would fill up then open up.  It would of been great to meet you and others sailing this cruise.  I also wanted to go to San Juan.  I like that stop.  I noticed we both stop at St Kitts. To bad it’s two days apart.  We have never visited St Kitts.  We are trying to figure out what to do there.  Do you know if St Kitts is restricting excursions?

St. Kitts stopped the restrictions a couple of weeks ago. It is no longer on RCI's list of places requiring ship or government approved excursions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

If you can do an independent excursion, I can highly recommend "The Grand Tour of St. Kitts" with the Thenford Grey company. Excellent for first timers.

http://www.thenfordgreytours.com/

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Agreed.  We did the Thenford Grey Grand Tour and enjoyed it.

So did we. Thenford Grey does a great job.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, George C said:

When we were in St Maarten on celebrity in July bus was not open air and had no a/c so we just got off and got are money back, last month wanted to do orient beach but rccl said there were unrest in the French side and not to go , hopefully will get there on our February cruise.

The first of October they informed us of the unrest on the French side too.  I thought we just hit it the wrong week but it went on longer than I expected.

40 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We just went out and got milkshakes to go with our flu shots and my Moderna booster.  No side effects so far.  😊 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2