Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

So much to talk about Christmas but today we will get the best Christmas present, our precious puppy Elizabeth "Lizzie." Pics and videos probably tonight as we will pick her up later this afternoon.

Yesterday on Christmas Linda gave me some new ornaments for our tree.  Two honoring our beloved Maggie and Penny who will always be missed and remembered.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a223.thumb.jpg.80bf5489a34a84632ff253408bad8aea.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a225.thumb.jpg.f20175189956a5ac20779ac99384cd85.jpg

And then a new ornament for the newest addition to the family Elizabeth "Lizzy."

IMG_7559.thumb.jpg.70961c33e32d42f85305b36f81935fde.jpg

IMG_7560.thumb.jpg.150d5c9adb15853f4ffd97878d799271.jpg

You’ve touched my heart with your memories. I’m looking forward to days, weeks and months of watching Lizzie in her new home with her new parents. 

• Like 3

Speaking of Lizzie, how come no one has mentioned the GMC commercial where the husband gives his wife a dog and she gives him a GMC truck?

The first time I saw it, I had just told Dick about Maggie and that Greg and Linda were adopting a beautiful puppy named Lizzie, and would be picking her up right after Christmas. 
I was amazed when the husband in the commercial whistled, and flying through the snow came Lizzie’s Doppelgänger!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Because Dick basically put a sample of our ornaments on the tree, (not that I’m complaining), some of my favorites didn’t make the cut!

What did was Uncle Billy, which does not and never did look like my brother, who does not have red hair. Our daughter, Lisa, is 59. I bought the ornament when she was 4, and she took one look at the ornament and said “Uncle Billy! 55 years later, the first thing anyone in the family does is look for Uncle Billy. 
The one with the church I bought at the Christkindlmarket in Salzburg Austria and the one with the wintry trees is only a few years old, but I think it’s really pretty. 

FF2A6CD0-02FE-4AC3-B5BF-6CF5B95CCA5B.jpeg

F9B2F90D-B1C1-4616-B837-A24F1BBED96E.jpeg

So special.  Thanks for sharing your memories with us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So much to talk about Christmas but today we will get the best Christmas present, our precious puppy Elizabeth "Lizzie." Pics and videos probably tonight as we will pick her up later this afternoon.

Yesterday on Christmas Linda gave me some new ornaments for our tree.  Two honoring our beloved Maggie and Penny who will always be missed and remembered.

And then a new ornament for the newest addition to the family Elizabeth "Lizzy."

Truly awesome. I don't have any other words.

On 12/24/2021 at 10:06 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Anyone wondering, Santa is in headed to Havana Cuba next

https://www.noradsanta.org/en/map

On 12/24/2021 at 10:28 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Looks like he has touched down somewhere....

FB_IMG_1640402804794.thumb.jpg.092c47e9d8da537a457e82deb1caedbf.jpg

That info must have been wrong. I saw him stuck in the neighbors chimney all night. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I love that commercial!

Did you see the Pepsi one where a guy puts out a sandwich and a can of coke ?The doorbell rings,he goes to answer.The family dog eats the sandwich,knocks the Pepsi can to the floor,picks up the family cat and puts it on the table.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

These are beautiful.  

I'm really craving prime rib and cannot wait to make our roast I bought the other day.

I originally bought it thinking I would cook it today but I forgot Eric has to start his prep at 8am tomorrow for his colonoscopy and endoscope for Tuesday.  He thought it would be best to eat light today.  So we just had leftover turkey sandwiches with butternut squash soup.  My SIl makes this soup every christmas.  It is so delicious especially when you sprinkle some pumpkin seeds ontop.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did you see his face or the other end?😉

I wanted to, but they weren’t home and I didn’t want to break in. I did peak in the window and thought I saw his hat. 🤷🏼‍♀️  BTW, do you know Poochie from the shore? Name is probably spelled wrong.

Hoping everyone had a Merry Christmas.

Sorry to hear about all the covid, past and present that has been affecting so many. It was nice seeing the decorated trees and all the family gatherings. Wishing 2022 will be a better year for everyone. 🍾 🥂🍹🛳

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm really craving prime rib and cannot wait to make our roast I bought the other day.

I originally bought it thinking I would cook it today but I forgot Eric has to start his prep at 8am tomorrow for his colonoscopy and endoscope for Tuesday.  He thought it would be best to eat light today.  So we just had leftover turkey sandwiches with butternut squash soup.  My SIl makes this soup every christmas.  It is so delicious especially when you sprinkle some pumpkin seeds ontop.

Sending our prayers 🙏 for Eric that his colonoscopy and endoscopy results on Tuesday are good.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤷🏼‍♀️  BTW, do you know Poochie from the shore? Name is probably spelled wrong

Sorry I dont know who Poochie is

How does Mike like his Tesla?

I was thinking of him yesterday when Eric told us about a guy who blew up his Tesla in anger as it was going cost $20,000 to replace battery and his warranty was over.

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You are a steak master. That looks amazing and is cooked perfect. Do you put any kind of rub on it or just salt and pepper?

Prep, I flip both sides of the steaks in extra virgin olive oil. I then put salt and pepper on both sides for Lisa and Owen. Mine gets “Keg” spice on both sides.

Cook time, fire BBQ for 5 minutes to heat up. 1.5 minutes and half turn for another 1.5 minutes for good grill marks. Flip and cook for another 1.5 minutes times two. Then test to see if done. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Bailey & Sophie

Nancy, how is your DH doing?🌷

Thanks for asking.

We went to a no-appointment necessary spot today for a test. The website said open. Lights were on, but closed. 

So we went home and did a Walgreen's home test. Didn't need to be proctored because it wasn't for travel. John's boss provided the tests.

NEGATIVE! So then we finally got to go see my mom and drop off gifts.

Here's a pic of the window we decorated in her room.

20211226_144847.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Did you see the Pepsi one where a guy puts out a sandwich and a can of coke ?The doorbell rings,he goes to answer.The family dog eats the sandwich,knocks the Pepsi can to the floor,picks up the family cat and puts it on the table.

I really wish I’d seen it!

• Like 1