Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@LuckynanaMaryann, I hope Ava has a super mild case.  Wishing you and Jim safe travels down to FL

@momo3girlsDeb, no worries, there will be other cruises and you will have a wonderful FL vacation.  We probably would have made the same decision.

@Sunshine3601 So glad your son is doing better.  Hope his fiance will not test positive.  On a fun note, the can opener picture made me smile. 😃

To all who are going on cruises very soon.  May you all have smooth and healthy sails.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy to hear he loves his Tesla.    

I think Maiden Lane is in Harvey Cedar's area - closer to the lighthouse.    Beautiful area.    Sorry I do not know the Woods family.      I am towards the southern end of the island at Spray Beach, down the street from the SBYC.     

Ok, for some reason I thought you lived near my SIL who lives on Maiden Lane.

6 hours ago, George C said:

For us also, got a brand new rccl beach towel as my Diamond plus gift on last month cruise

🤣🤣🤣 I’m only laughing because of what we went thru when we wanted to get a beach towel to see what they were like. We didn’t have any trouble getting one, but for the upcoming cruises after that we were supposed to get the wine and not more towels. Well, we ended up getting the towels for the next several cruises. Even the diamond concierge called to make sure we would be getting the wine. She called and verified with them and several hours later here comes a towel. Now we have 3. I wouldn’t mind getting several more, but I really don’t want to go thru what we did to get it changed back to the wine. 

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

That is what I am supposed to be getting on  the Anthem, the RCCL towel!  Fingers crossed but not looking good.🥴

Hope your cruise goes as planned. Between January thru March we have 6 booked and I would really like to take them, but with so many getting sick I’m not sure if we can avoid it. Sometimes I think it would be better to just get it and be done with it, but I don’t know how it will affect me so I do the best I can to stay clear of it.

@LuckynanaHoping Ava has a very mild case.

@Momof3gurlzSorry to hear about your cruise, but happy you found a good replacement.

@jagsfan It’s great to hear the dr isn’t concerned and things are working out.

@helen haywood❤️❤️❤️
@Luckynana❤️❤️❤️

@Sunshine3601

@sgmn Happy to hear both of your family members are getting better.

Im sure I left others out which was unintentional. I have tried this 2 times and it keeps going into CC he//. Hoping it works this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Help needed from those that are familiar with forcing hyacinth bulbs. 

I ordered a hyacinth kit from Home Depot that has the glass vase and a bulb. I also ordered some bulbs from Holland Bulb Farms which come in Friday. Come to find out they have to be chilled for 2 - 3 months first. After this chilling time would it be to late to grow them indoors? I thought at least the kit from Home Depot would be ready to go. 🙁

https://www.homedepot.com/p/VAN-ZYVERDEN-Blue-Hyacinth-Bulb-Kit-with-Clear-Artisan-Glass-87225/302507401

I’m thinking of ordering some pre-chilled that I can start right away. Would I be able to start some now and some around the end of February? I want to stagger them so hopefully I will be able to bring some on the ship. Should the pre-chilled bulbs be stored in the frig if I don’t plant them until later. I have never bought hyacinth bulbs before.

Edited by ReneeFLL

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The waves are very calm this morning, and the beach is not crowded. 

5A835147-62D4-475F-AE7B-E605F59523D4.thumb.jpeg.f0b20edf6c2776c70c6a8f2550e3470a.jpeg

Two of the grandkids were up, but that west coast boy was still sleeping. 

018C6E6E-C8EA-4164-8E12-8281779357A3.thumb.jpeg.6d35eafe59efa3017532be53d8cac3e9.jpeg

I remember taking a photo like this of my grandson on his first encounter with the ocean, about 6 years ago. 

CFFA9CCE-679A-4D6B-AB09-1CE5FA0E95CD.thumb.jpeg.1985177b264cd10f170344d60dcc80a4.jpeg

Somebody brought out the big sand toys. 

CAC9A199-E8EB-458A-AEA6-27B75D8A9838.thumb.jpeg.cfaa4afa335023ccef66cfe26bf234a6.jpeg

Our rental seems to be well equipped. 😂

0EC550D3-B6DD-43F7-96AF-B2D73369C68E.thumb.jpeg.b759fc66d287e7856089a6aad70c0d8c.jpeg

I do like the shower in our rental master bath.  The whole house is very modern.  However, no one can get use to the square toilets. 

BD7991CC-A915-4113-B6D5-6690BD72EC22.thumb.jpeg.69043cb9121a57c7dd8876c85d0659ea.jpeg

Gosh that beach photo is glorious and the rental is very nice.  Square toilets - that’s….unique.  Please send some of that glorious weather our way, it’s been a soggy start to summer in Sydney this year.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sgmn said:

She stayed for the first two shots but got fed up by the third. Gary was using the time delay on his Samsung. The first two times he only set five secs, third was a winner with 10sec delay 

Here's a pic of her on our walk in the woods today, another extremely muddy walk 

Gary got her to walk the plank (tree trunk)

It's at an angle over the pond.  Kids love climbing it, dogs not so much ...

20211227_132612.thumb.jpg.03c6e65328253c8f9e5ae0c3213cbe57.jpg

Gorgeous photo and she did well not to her little white socks muddy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone in this group like chokos (or chayote)?   I am not a fan.  However, my dad is and he has plenty of them right now.  Last time, he had so many leftover, even after giving them to family & friends, that he left a box out by his letterbox.  A lady driving past took them.  Then later she dropped a lovely thank you letter in his letterbox with a lottery ticket as well.

1A2685C3-EADE-40F6-A225-2CDE1D6C1AD8.jpeg

• Like 6

17 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I do like the shower in our rental master bath.  The whole house is very modern.  However, no one can get use to the square toilets. 

BD7991CC-A915-4113-B6D5-6690BD72EC22.thumb.jpeg.69043cb9121a57c7dd8876c85d0659ea.jpeg

We have a square toilet in our on-suite,   I do not recommend them. Who ever though they were a good design never sat on one 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Coralc My dad is from Devon in England.  For him scones must be served with clotted cream.  I have fond memories  from my childhood of consuming scones with clotted cream and having ploughman’s lunches at the pubs over there.

FCE183E2-7E87-414B-9DBF-A98D341A8549.jpeg

Ah ha, the great Devon v Cornish cream tea debate. Should you put the cream on first,  then the jam or vice versa 🤔 

As a Cornish lass it's got to be jam first 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Dani. I'm good, I've just been busy.  Jim and I leave tomorrow for Florida, and we've been busy the past couple of days packing, etc.  I finally just caught up!  It's going to be another "catch up" after we get to Naples, since we'll be on the road and it'll be tough for me to type on my android while in the car.

Thank you, Arzeena.  Looking forward to heading to the warmth and sunshine.  My girlfriend said it's in the 80's and beautiful there.  When do you and RJ head out?  Safe travels to you both!

+1

Hoping it's a go for you!🤞  I just paid our balance on our Feb. cruise.

Greg, congratulations on your two new additions to your family!!

I absolutely love the video of Jonathan and his Christmas' past!  I laughed when he began coming in with his cap on his head.  Two of our grandsons are in that stage now!!

Your newest ornaments are to be cherished!

Debbie, I hope all goes well with Eric's procedures tomorrow.  

Thank you Debbie!  

So..Ava's Covid test results never arrived for Christmas Eve and Christmas, so we cancelled our get-together for the Eve, hoping she'd have the results for Christmas, but still nothing, so Jim and I just stayed home for the day.  Not the end of the world, but geez...no results?  Yesterday, our daughter and Ava drove around looking for the test you can take at home, but none were available.  This morning our daughter called to let us know she found the tests available at a small pharmacy, but you could only buy one per person.  She bought the two, since Ava was with her.  My other daughter and myself quickly drove to the pharmacy, but they were sold out....I'm talking about a half hour after I got the phone call.  Anyway, long story short, Ava has Covid!!  Thankful we stayed home for the Holidays.

Debbie, how is you son doing?  I hope his fever is now gone.

Mimi, I'm glad to hear all went well at the Cardiologist, and I hope someone who has had a pacemaker can help put you at ease with what you can expect with your new pacemaker.

I'm sorry to hear Ava has Covid Maryann.

I hope her symptoms are mild and she is soon better.

Graham.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Does anyone in this group like chokos (or chayote)?   I am not a fan.  However, my dad is and he has plenty of them right now.  Last time, he had so many leftover, even after giving them to family & friends, that he left a box out by his letterbox.  A lady driving past took them.  Then later she dropped a lovely thank you letter in his letterbox with a lottery ticket as well.

1A2685C3-EADE-40F6-A225-2CDE1D6C1AD8.jpeg

Interesting, learnt something today, I had never heard of them and had to Google 

So nice of the lady to come back with the thank you note and lotto ticket 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Gorgeous photo and she did well not to her little white socks muddy

Our second walk yesterday was through the grounds of a centuries old private school near us.  The outside has been used in lots of TV series like Midsomer Murders. There is a right of way through the grounds and its big advantage this time of year is no mud and hardly any traffic 

20211227_155835.jpg

• Like 13

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@aussielozzie18 Your dad has a beautiful area. I have never eaten it, but when is it in season? I like to go to the grocery stores of different countries and see what different kinds of fruit they have. If Australia is open next October - November we will be in Sydney again. 

We also hope to be in Australia next October. When I got made redundant from my airline last year I had a whole bunch of tickets that have to be used by Nov 2022.  We're going to lose most of them but hope to get to Australia in the Spring 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, sgmn said:

We also hope to be in Australia next October. When I got made redundant from my airline last year I had a whole bunch of tickets that have to be used by Nov 2022.  We're going to lose most of them but hope to get to Australia in the Spring 

I sincerely hope things have improved here by Spring so it is worth your while to visit.  At the moment domestic travel here between states is a nightmare. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@aussielozzie18 Your dad has a beautiful area. I have never eaten it, but when is it in season? I like to go to the grocery stores of different countries and see what different kinds of fruit they have. If Australia is open next October - November we will be in Sydney again. 

Hi.  They are in season currently Our supermarkets have lots of different fruits and veggies that I am yet to try myself.  Don’t see chokos very often.  I think they are more a home grown product. I sincerely hope things improve between now and Oct…right now just trying to travel to other states here is a nightmare and I definitely can’t see cruising returning here by Oct. Sigh.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Testing is a real problem right now ,especially in major US cities.  

The pharmacies are complaining they cannot handle the volume as they need to do their primary job to fill prescriptions, etc. And just cannot hire enough people to help to help with free tests.

There are some labs charging ridiculous prices up to $250, maybe even more.

So far the best bet is to order the rapid antigen test kits online for $30 to $35 per kit.  

I'm hoping this all calms down after the holidays.

I hope your friend is feeling better and will be okay to fly back home😍

Same issues here with testing.  Massive queues. Extended delays in getting results.  It is just chaos.  Close to 1000 people that got tested in Sydney on the 23rd and Christmas Eve were sent the wrong results. Told negative when they were positive.  Friends that queued for 3hrs on Christmas Day still waiting for their results…

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Help needed from those that are familiar with forcing hyacinth bulbs. 

I ordered a hyacinth kit from Home Depot that has the glass vase and a bulb. I also ordered some bulbs from Holland Bulb Farms which come in Friday. Come to find out they have to be chilled for 2 - 3 months first. After this chilling time would it be to late to grow them indoors? I thought at least the kit from Home Depot would be ready to go. 🙁

https://www.homedepot.com/p/VAN-ZYVERDEN-Blue-Hyacinth-Bulb-Kit-with-Clear-Artisan-Glass-87225/302507401

I’m thinking of ordering some pre-chilled that I can start right away. Would I be able to start some now and some around the end of February? I want to stagger them so hopefully I will be able to bring some on the ship. Should the pre-chilled bulbs be stored in the frig if I don’t plant them until later. I have never bought hyacinth bulbs before.

I am not an expert but I would think that the chilling time is for planting outside.  That makes the bulbs think they have been through winter.  You might be able to just start the one from Home Depot right away.  Then put the others in the frig until you want them to bloom.  Since you are not planting them in soil the chilling time may not matter as much.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Same issues here with testing.  Massive queues. Extended delays in getting results.  It is just chaos.  Close to 1000 people that got tested in Sydney on the 23rd and Christmas Eve were sent the wrong results. Told negative when they were positive.  Friends that queued for 3hrs on Christmas Day still waiting for their results…

👎😰

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

That's horrible wrong test results were sent out to that many people.  

South Africa reached their peak in about a month.  I suspect the US hasn't peaked yet due to all the holiday travel.  Hopefully this all calms down in a couple weeks.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Our second walk yesterday was through the grounds of a centuries old private school near us.  The outside has been used in lots of TV series like Midsomer Murders. There is a right of way through the grounds and its big advantage this time of year is no mud and hardly any traffic 

20211227_155835.jpg

I do recognize from the tv show🤩

• Like 1