Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, singinalot said:

June! Asap.

we’ve actually been discussing logistics a lot the last two days trying to determine how we’re going to get my car, his sports car, his truck and work trailer plus a Uhaul 🤣

we’ve got it pretty worked out tho

You need a driver, who knows I might need a break in June. Do I get to pick what I drive?  Just not the Uhaul please.  😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are you still  a go on your cruise next weekend?    

I am starting to pack today.    Boy, I'm out of practice and will definitely be over packed.

I am so happy we did Oasis in August!  It was good practice, although I did overpack for the six days😳Debbie I am counting on you to keep Anthem in good shape so we can meet on the 20th🙏🤞

• Like 5

Happy New Years to everyone. Here are a few birthday photos from last night. 

Dinner last night was BBQed ribs. 

B6CBD760-F3EF-41E3-8CD0-E1305EB0381A.thumb.jpeg.4585f7f64cc517e7e9776e433090bcd3.jpeg

0BD3DFE5-A83D-4AA7-A348-8EF24FCBDD2F.thumb.jpeg.a65f9fd4f105fe0079db83c229767683.jpeg

Birthday ice cream cakes.  Oreo, raspberry cheese cake and cookie dough.

63D8060E-9991-485B-B605-C75FA87091E1.thumb.jpeg.3065cfbf8f87f378c4aedcfa8ceb6011.jpeg

Even Lucy got to partake in the occasion, with a partial bone with no sauce. 

F42472BE-D5C0-4BF0-A869-4006E8783481.thumb.jpeg.0d03ed1c73a11f5641863ec48abdef62.jpeg

25F6227F-04AB-4906-92DB-D6331BE4E567.thumb.jpeg.f1d710d2099eda2d1d406a1aa1f401e5.jpeg

• Like 20

It was a quiet afternoon and evening with the family. I got some nice birthday gifts but one stood out, to which I can share with you.

A British comedian, named Chris Turner, that I follow on YouTube ends his routines with an impromptu freestyle rap. He takes 5 suggestions from the audience and then does one right on the spot. Lisa got him to do one for my birthday, and it was well worth the money spent. 

Here is the one he did for me. Lisa sent him 5 suggestions and had a limit of characters that she could type. He did an amazing job.

Turn up the volume and enjoy. 

Here is an example of what he does at the comedy club. There are a couple bad words, but well worth it. He is actually a highly educated individual and you can see it by referencing any topic the audience suggest. He often says his favourite audience suggestion was “a day in the life of an Aztec Priest”.

• Like 20

The food pics reminds me of a question asked here couple of months ago.....Was there Blood Sausage on Royal Caribbean. Yes, I saw it at the WJ for breakfast every morning on the Anthem.............YUKKKKKKKK! (sorry it is just my taste). I hear it is a very British thing and was wondering if it was because they still had tea kettles in the cabins and were still in the process of deBritishizing😁(please please no offense to my lovely British friends🥰) during the Nov cruises.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are you still  a go on your cruise next weekend?    

I am starting to pack today.    Boy, I'm out of practice and will definitely be over packed.

Yes, looking forward to it.  We booked a Friday flight so if that blows up we can drive.  It would be a long drive but napping out in the sun sounds fun!  We just got some new Samsonite suitcases for this cruise.  We use a list app that we share between Sharon’s iPhone and my iPad.  We have a cruise list so if we think 🧐 of something to remember we list it.  That is my hardest thing for trips, wondering what I am forgetting.

My girls are talking about going to Lakeside again this summer.  I hope it works out. The grandkids loved it.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

The food pics reminds me of a question asked here couple of months ago.....Was there Blood Sausage on Royal Caribbean. Yes, I saw it at the WJ for breakfast every morning on the Anthem.............YUKKKKKKKK! (sorry it is just my taste). I hear it is a very British thing and was wondering if it was because they still had tea kettles in the cabins and were still in the process of deBritishizing😁(please please no offense to my lovely British friends🥰) during the Nov cruises.

We call it Black Pudding in England.

It is on a standard Full English Breakfast although we always say No Black Pudding.

A kettle in our cabin is a must for boiling water for our in cabin tea,coffee and hot chocolate on our balcony.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

All inside decorations are down, waiting for some sun to take down outside ones!

It’s going to be awhile for us to take down outside too.  Storms rolled in last night and it has not stopped raining since. Flood warnings all around.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It was a quiet afternoon and evening with the family. I got some nice birthday gifts but one stood out, to which I can share with you.

A British comedian, named Chris Turner, that I follow on YouTube ends his routines with an impromptu freestyle rap. He takes 5 suggestions from the audience and then does one right on the spot. Lisa got him to do one for my birthday, and it was well worth the money spent. 

Here is the one he did for me. Lisa sent him 5 suggestions and had a limit of characters that she could type. He did an amazing job.

Here is an example of what he does at the comedy club. There are a couple bad words, but well worth it. He is actually a highly educated individual and you can see it by referencing any topic the audience suggest. He often says his favourite audience suggestion was “a day in the life of an Aztec Priest”.

That is great.My daughter is surprising my son in law on his 50th.later this month with a message from his favorite singer.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We call it Black Pudding in England.

It is on a standard Full English Breakfast although we always say No Black Pudding.

A kettle in our cabin is a must for boiling water for our in cabin tea,coffee and hot chocolate on our balcony.

Graham.

Yes, Black Pudding, the name eluded me.

I too am a tea fan! Storng Black British Tea or Ceylon Orange Pekoe Tea. Very hard to get the real good strong ones. My nose usually follows me to a good tea😁.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

Yes, Black Pudding, the name eluded me.

I too am a tea fan! Storng Black British Tea or Ceylon Orange Pekoe Tea. Very hard to get the real good strong ones. My nose usually follows me to a good tea😁.

Earl Grey tea is my favourite.

It has a hint of Bergamot in it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I’ll have to look up uship. Thanks!

Hahahaha you could kill several birds with one stone!

🤣 I’ll take the Uhaul n u can drive the tiffany blue Range. 

This is starting to sound like a fun caravan!  Maybe set up a cruise at the end of the trip!  I am looking forward to the pics.

• Like 2

Just back from our January 1st trip to the beach.  We just take a walk along the water and find a nice shell for the year.  This time the air temp is 75 and windy, the water 60 and a lot of jelly fish are washing up.  It is supposed to really cool off by Monday.  Brrr.

1124339281_Beach2022.thumb.jpeg.f86de31fc44f01f3c2ff86e4a5e65fa5.jpeg

• Like 14

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

It is somehow worse, to me, when someone is struck down in the midst of life.

Hassia didn’t deserve what happened to her, not did her loved ones deserve to lose her. 
I’m sorry she is in that hospital with her body being kept alive, and it’s hard to understand her children’s decision, but they must feel their mother is still here on earth with them. 

For those that don't know my personal situation, I'm in a similar situation with a loved one. Being in the same room with them brings me comfort & calmness in the most stressful of situations. People ask if it's hard for me to visit everyday and I reply "No, its easy to visit but hard to leave".  I'm sure that Hassia children may feel the same way.

Yes, in my head, I know it is very selfish of me and not fair to her.  Eventually the heart will accept this as well.  There has been no progress in recovery and options are dwindling. Difficult decisions coming up in the next several months.  This is one of the many reasons I drove halfway across the country to bring her daughter home.

EDIT: Sorry to start the New Year on a depressing post. It's that time of year.

EDIT#2 I guess if I was really sorry, I'd delete the post. So I guess its a case of sorry/not sorry. I blame @dani negreanu for providing a welcoming place to vent..... and the adult egg nog for the venting. 😉. All good now & just kidding about "blaming" Dani N.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Exactly, because of the heavy rain we were driving much slower then normal and like you said there is like nothing out there but farm land so it seems we were driving forever and were getting nowhere.

We figured we would eventually get out of the heavy rain but it wasn't happening, the storm was just sticking we us the whole way, didn't let up that much until we got Norfolk, Va.........storm started around the Dover Motor Speedway in Dover, Delaware. So we drove through 200 miles of  pure crap!

Never forget it !! What a ride.

So you were heading south through that, and got the scariest part at the end! Driving over the bridge tunnel must have been a nightmare. 
And even worse for your wife. I’d rather be driving myself so I don’t worry Dick might lose control.
So I sit with my eyes looking  forward, backward, and both sides, concentrating on keeping us safe. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

For those that don't know my personal situation, I'm in a similar situation with a loved one. Being in the same room with them brings me comfort & calmness in the most stressful of situations. People ask if it's hard for me to visit everyday and I reply "No, its easy to visit but hard to leave".  I'm sure that Hassia children may feel the same way.

Yes, in my head, I know it is very selfish of me and not fair to her.  Eventually the heart will accept this as well.  There has been no progress in recovery and options are dwindling. Difficult decisions coming up in the next several months.  This is one of the many reasons I drove halfway across the country to bring her daughter home.

I thought when you went for her daughter that there were decisions to make.  Everyone here is thinking of you and your family and are here for you.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You need a driver, who knows I might need a break in June. Do I get to pick what I drive?  Just not the Uhaul please.  😁

Sorry dude, I called it first in post# 42491.

Although, having seen your fleet of vehicles in the past, you are definitely the more experienced driver of high performance vehicles.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Wow! He put  your whole life in there!

What a great wife Lisa is to come up with a gift so perfect!

You can enjoy that video forever, and I’ll bet you hear things every time you hadn’t heard before!!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

EDIT: Sorry to start the New Year on a depressing post. It's that time of year.

EDIT#2 I guess if I was really sorry, I'd delete the post. So I guess its a case of sorry/not sorry. I blame @dani negreanu for providing a welcoming place to vent..... and the adult egg nog for the venting. 😉. All good now & just kidding about "blaming" Dani N.

Vent all you want.  I think most of us would do the same as you if we were in your position. It is hard to let go, I had to make that decision for a very close cousin and it killed me.  We knew it was time but still didn’t want to sign those papers😢

• Like 9

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am so happy we did Oasis in August!  It was good practice, although I did overpack for the six days😳Debbie I am counting on you to keep Anthem in good shape so we can meet on the 20th🙏🤞

I will try my best to keep her in ship shape/ top condition.   They will have to restock on booze for the 20th sailing😅

While I was packing I came across a note I wrote Feb 2020 (our last sailing) on what not to pack to avoid over-packing.   Good thing I found it because I was on the road to over packing for sure.   

I am probably over packed on books but in case we have lots of sea days I have them. 

• Like 5