Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We decide to BBQ one more night as the colder weather is coming.  No snow when I BBQed. Easy and simple tonight with NY strips, pommes frites and carrots with dip. 

37F6A342-C2EF-47D7-835A-FAEE21EB8F7E.thumb.jpeg.98dcd76265a9721e92ed6395514af039.jpeg

And now it looks like this. More to come by morning.

ECB4B6DD-4786-47A0-BF22-E18CD1204A88.thumb.jpeg.ddcea875922942f3718247b9cb2a394e.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 14

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

EDIT: Sorry to start the New Year on a depressing post. It's that time of year.

My heart breaks for you and please keep us updated. We are here for you as you are family. I know in the end you will do the right thing. Thank you for your love and compassion.

44 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Please don't ever apologize for opening your heart to us.  We share both joys and sorrows in here.  Think of this thread as a giant shoulder to lean on with two giant arms to hug.  We're here and not going away.

Ditto. I couldn't agree more. This thread is one warm fuzzy security blanket. We all need this.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It was a quiet afternoon and evening with the family. I got some nice birthday gifts but one stood out, to which I can share with you.

A British comedian, named Chris Turner, that I follow on YouTube ends his routines with an impromptu freestyle rap. He takes 5 suggestions from the audience and then does one right on the spot. Lisa got him to do one for my birthday, and it was well worth the money spent. 

Here is the one he did for me. Lisa sent him 5 suggestions and had a limit of characters that she could type. He did an amazing job.

Turn up the volume and enjoy. 

Here is an example of what he does at the comedy club. There are a couple bad words, but well worth it. He is actually a highly educated individual and you can see it by referencing any topic the audience suggest. He often says his favourite audience suggestion was “a day in the life of an Aztec Priest”.

Happy Birthday! What a great gift and Rapper!

• Like 1

So, our supermarkets start selling Hot Cross Buns on Boxing Day which causes a lot of controversy  and this year to add fuel to the fire, they are selling this….Now I love vegemite on toast but this just does not appeal.  Anyone keen to try this which apparently “tastes like Australia “….

E8FC7961-29C8-4FE3-A258-389970D2813B.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Love the snow photos. Sorry to those of you struggling with freezing temps, winds and flooding.  There is a cyclone of the QLD coast but in Sydney we continue to be blessed with glorious weather. Its 95f (35c) with a nice breeze.  

A9A6CCA3-385D-40EA-AE0B-A1475BE021E4.jpeg

Looks beautiful.

We've just had the warmest NY ever here but still mainly grey and rainy. I would rather have crisp, cold, frosty and blue skies this time of year instead of mild and damp.

• Like 3

Our son has a Golden Retriever pup. They are trying to get her recall improved. Apparently you can now hire a secure field for half an hour to teach them safely to 'come back'

We've just went with them early this morning and our dog Molly had great fun running and playing with their pup 🐶 

• Like 11

Meanwhile, in Ft. Lauderdale it is

2E69E635-7B91-4C4A-82AD-1C404E277B8C.thumb.jpeg.b445b3396245395a1031e5175074ddb2.jpeg

I am not missing the snow.  Just dropped daughter and her family off at the airport for their flight home.  Airport terminals 2 and 4 were insanely busy at 6 am.  I can’t imagine how busy they will be once all those cruise passengers get there. Watched the parade of ships coming in on the drive there and back. 

Now getting ready to pack the car for the drive to Miami.  Our boarding time for Oasis is pushed. back 2 hours for cleaning.  Maybe some ship photos later. 

• Like 14

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh goodie.   I hope they have it on our Anthem cruises.      I haven't had it since 2020 on my sailings on Serenade.

They did! Every day at WJ.

15 hours ago, maggieq said:

We call it white or black pudding.  Is “blood sausage” American?

Dont beleive so. British origin.

Graham or Sue may offer a better explanation.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

OK, I might have found a reason to get two Teslas. LOL

Tesla calls that a Light Show.  The feature was included in the latest software update.  

Tesla pushes updates to the cars around once a month or so.  The pre-Christmas update is called the Holiday Update and usually has one or more "fun" items.  

Tesla included one Light Show with the update but posted information telling owners how they can create their own Light Shows.

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

So, our supermarkets start selling Hot Cross Buns on Boxing Day which causes a lot of controversy  and this year to add fuel to the fire, they are selling this….Now I love vegemite on toast but this just does not appeal.  Anyone keen to try this which apparently “tastes like Australia “….

I’m trying to remember what I ate in Australia!

in Sydney, we went to The Rocks and had spaghetti. Never saw so many college students (or maybe just young people), but the streets were full of them. One morning, back to The Rocks for pancakes. 

In Sydney Harbor, took a boat to a wonderful seafood restaurant for prawns. 
in Melbourne, took the dining trolley for lunch, salads, and for dinner, steaks. 
And we found a little Italian restaurant with great spaghetti carbonara!

No Vegemite in sight!
Don’t remember the other meals, but I have to say that to me Australia tastes like good food and friendly people!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 6

I love Hot cross buns.
A mom and pop Portuguese bakery from my childhood years used to make the best. They only made it one time of the year for 7 days, and were sold out within minutes, so we used to freeze some so we could have them longer. They were the real deal!

• Like 3

No thanks. I tried it once and that was enough. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Now getting ready to pack the car for the drive to Miami.  Our boarding time for Oasis is pushed. back 2 hours for cleaning.  Maybe some ship photos later. 

Have a great cruise! I love to see your photos so will definitely check back for them.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

Tesla calls that a Light Show.  The feature was included in the latest software update.  

Tesla included one Light Show with the update but posted information telling owners how they can create their own Light Shows.

Which would make sense, to the above put in bold. The guy who’s video I posted has home laser light show displays for Halloween and Christmas that he puts together as a programmer.  I suspect that he put this one together too.  Pretty cool. 

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 50°F and partly cloudy here which is over 10°F over normal temperature for early January.

Stay safe and take care everyone.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

Yesterday it rained on and off all day with some heavy showers last night.

Today is suppose to reach 61 but remain cloudy and gloomy.  Very unusual for this time of year.

We havent seen sunshine for about a week.  Hopefully tomorrow we will.  I need some sun😍

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

They did! Every day at WJ.

Dont beleive so. British origin.

Graham or Sue may offer a better explanation.

Too be honest, I'm not sure.  Is black pudding the same as haggis? 

Not that I've had either. If we're in a hotel or B@B and black pudding is on the breakfast menu I definitely wouldn't  have it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@HBE4 

My thoughts and prayers are continually with you. I wish I could offer some kind of miracle explanation of what is happening to your wife. But words elude me.  Maybe in heart she needs to be with you for a little longer, for you to be ready For what the future holds. She is truly blessed to be so loved and faithful by you.   

❤️

• Like 7

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Please don't ever apologize for opening your heart to us.  We share both joys and sorrows in here.  Think of this thread as a giant shoulder to lean on with two giant arms to hug.  We're here and not going away.

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My heart breaks for you and please keep us updated. We are here for you as you are family. I know in the end you will do the right thing. Thank you for your love and compassion.

Ditto. I couldn't agree more. This thread is one warm fuzzy security blanket. We all need this.

Thank you, Bonnie and Greg.

As before, I'm very moved by your kind words to 

@HBE4

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I’m trying to remember what I ate in Australia!

in Sydney, we went to The Rocks and had spaghetti. Hamburger and wings...

....but I have to say that to me Australia tastes like good food and friendly people👍

@aussielozzie18

57 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Have a great cruise! I love to see your photos so will definitely check back for them.

@h20skibum

+1 👍

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Brutal cold here in Kansas City. This morning I was concerned with the snow on the ground and the puppies being on it to go do their business. They were good for about 2 minutes and then I could tell they were getting uncomfortable. I gathered Lizzy up and she was shaking. I covered her in my coat. Linda went to get Charlie and he started to cry because his feet were cold. We got them inside quickly and wrapped their feet in towels and rubbed them to warm them up. They are fine but just a reminder that your pets feet are sensitive and when it’s cold do not let them be out very long.

• Like 10