Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We have just got home after 3 lovely nights in the English Lake District. This was today's lunch.

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

You eat at the best places. Cheers to you and Pauline. Lunch looks excellent.

+ 2

13 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

The hat is perfect for Pauline!  Y’all must turn heads everywhere you go. 

Oh, that hat. So becoming. She looks like a star in "The Great Gatsby" 

28 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I may just post a few photos here if Dani doesn’t mind.  

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Photos always welcome. I hope your cruise is absolutely fantastic.

+2 .

.... "Dani" doesn't mind. Looking forward to every morsel of cruising  😁

@h20skibum

I just blurted out OMG when I saw this crowd as it sailed by. 

OMG indeed 😢

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I assume that we all remember our first real romantic dates.Mine was at Radio City Music Hall .I was 19,she was 17.

We saw The Rockettes perform at The Radio City Music Hall.  Such a beautiful interior.  Shame they had to cancel their season this year.  Our first date was embarrassingly Aussie - a rugby league football game and a meat pie.  A subsequent date was at the revolving restaurant in Centrepoint Tower overlooking Sydney Harbour.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Graham, you two eat the best meals.  That photo of Pauline with the swan is beautiful.  Pauline looks lovely in every single photo you post. 

Thank you aussielozzie18 for your very nice words.

Graham.

• Like 1

I think there is a few on this thread that just boarded Harmony this morning, just wondered when boarding did they mention how many crew and how many passengers came down with Covid on that sailing? Did anyone hear?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Screenshot_20220102_145129_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Beautiful pictures, Graham.  I love, love, love Pauline's hat!

38 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We had all our stuff put away in the cabin by 3:00. 

914AA24F-256E-4395-B6B6-27F61C0193BF.thumb.jpeg.f3358ea769906042776c0627ba28e2fa.jpeg

A couple random photos

E91C16D3-CD92-4638-886A-111CF3AA1827.thumb.jpeg.65db1eef0c198f3a1ebfd7fd58c2b588.jpeg

Have the best time!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy New Year everyone!  
We are just back from our trip to oldest DD’s in PA, celebrating a belated Christmas as well as New Year’s Eve.  I’ll say it was a great time and we ate WAY too much.  Lasagna & pasta feast Friday night.  Last night was beef tenderloin on crostini with a cognac cream sauce, then chicken with 40 cloves of garlic, roasted potatoes and green beans.  Homemade cinnamon rolls this morning.  
Just today we learned of 4 members of our extended family who have Covid.  My daughters in-laws in FL and our sister in law & nephew in Dallas.  They all have mild symptoms (feel like they have a cold),🤞they stay that way. 
I’m hopelessly behind on this thread but I do hope we all have a better 2022, with cruising in our futures! I also look forward to continuing to share daily snippets of our lives, family, pets, food, memories, books/TV/movies and our ups and downs. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Happy New Year a day late!

Currently on the Navigator OTS and in Cabo on a gorgeous day.  Approx. 1,500 passengers and most are following the requested protocols. WJ has been open for dinner and they served a fabulous brunch on NY Day, as well as today (Sun).

Wishing everyone a healthy 2022.

AC914F3D-156F-42A5-BBE1-A7993E7C9E2A.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The lego fan has completed his Christmas gift. Has working parts.  Love the variety of things that can be built with lego these days.

B3D5FB00-6C6B-471F-9212-8F9A6FFF1FBC.jpeg

There’s a Legoland in Carlsbad, CA..  My daughter worked there once upon a time.   Quite the trek from Australia, though. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We saw The Rockettes perform at The Radio City Music Hall.  Such a beautiful interior.  Shame they had to cancel their season this year.  Our first date was embarrassingly Aussie - a rugby league football game and a meat pie.  A subsequent date was at the revolving restaurant in Centrepoint Tower overlooking Sydney Harbour.

Doesn't matter where you went, what matters is who you were with.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I think there is a few on this thread that just boarded Harmony this morning, just wondered when boarding did they mention how many crew and how many passengers came down with Covid on that sailing? Did anyone hear?

Oh that previous Harmony cruise had quite the life on the main board!

@Luckynana Maryann, glad you and Jim made it safe!  Now enjoy all that sunshine.

@h20skibumMark, Have a fabulous, smooth sails cruise.

@Momof3gurlzDeb, Sounds like you had the best and delicious time!

So now my niece AND her husband have covid.  He has it rough, fever, aches, fatigue, sore throat but is coming around but it's  lasting longer than 5 days.  My niece just feels like it's a cold.  Their 13 year old son has a sore throat and a cough and tested negative a few days ago when his symptoms came out.  He will be getting tested again tomorrow. His twin sister will be tested again also.  So glad this variant doesn't put the same fear in our hearts as the previous ones did.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Warm enough here, so took outside lights down while the rain holds off!!!!

We did the same.  I thought we had everything then I got in my car to go food shopping and realized missed huge red bow on garage door.  

Just sat down to watch tv after a very busy afternoon and realized I forgot to undecorate the mantel.  Oh well it can wait till tomorrow.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The lego fan has completed his Christmas gift. Has working parts.  Love the variety of things that can be built with lego these days.

B3D5FB00-6C6B-471F-9212-8F9A6FFF1FBC.jpeg

Wow!  I would have never guessed that was built with legos.  Amazing what you can do with legos nowadays.

Great job🤩

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, quite the story on that one girls thread.    She had some very confusing details, that changed periodically.   Hope her and Daughter do ok. 

I know there a couple of cruises from this thread sailing on the jan 9th harmony sailing.

I read somewhere there was maybe 2500 on the sailing leaving today.

Expect all the ships will have a lot less people when they return from NYE cruises.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My first date with my future wife was a sporting event followed by apple pie and coffee at a local restaurant.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I didn’t plan on doing a live review for these next two weeks.  Too many crazies on the main boards that may derail it. I may just post a few photos here if Dani doesn’t mind.  

I do see someone is doing a live review the first week.  

We had all our stuff put away in the cabin by 3:00. 

I do have some extra chairs and loungers on the balcony, if anyone wants to join us. 

914AA24F-256E-4395-B6B6-27F61C0193BF.thumb.jpeg.f3358ea769906042776c0627ba28e2fa.jpeg

A couple random photos

E91C16D3-CD92-4638-886A-111CF3AA1827.thumb.jpeg.65db1eef0c198f3a1ebfd7fd58c2b588.jpeg

Zoltar says it will be a good week

C983EB44-D354-4721-B90B-F3CBB70E992D.thumb.jpeg.0d8d2910f922f779b1b65633d70306ee.jpeg

I just blurted out OMG when I saw this crowd as it sailed by. 

021DECA9-22CE-4628-B6D2-1E2BE6000E2A.thumb.jpeg.2fbe1a7dd033fb446a23f569da149530.jpeg

Gearing up for prime rib now. 

Your opinions of your trip might make a big difference as to whether or not I sail Allure on Jan 22. What is your itinerary?

I looking forward to your posts. Those pictures already make me want to go. I can spend time on my balcony with my drink vouchers and any bottles of wine that are in my cabin.🙂

• Like 9

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

There’s a Legoland in Carlsbad, CA..  My daughter worked there once upon a time.   Quite the trek from Australia, though. 

I suspect the lego fan will visit one day in the future.  He has plans to visit US when things eventually return to some semblance of normal. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Doesn't matter where you went, what matters is who you were with.

Oh that previous Harmony cruise had quite the life on the main board!

@Luckynana Maryann, glad you and Jim made it safe!  Now enjoy all that sunshine.

@h20skibumMark, Have a fabulous, smooth sails cruise.

@Momof3gurlzDeb, Sounds like you had the best and delicious time!

So now my niece AND her husband have covid.  He has it rough, fever, aches, fatigue, sore throat but is coming around but it's  lasting longer than 5 days.  My niece just feels like it's a cold.  Their 13 year old son has a sore throat and a cough and tested negative a few days ago when his symptoms came out.  He will be getting tested again tomorrow. His twin sister will be tested again also.  So glad this variant doesn't put the same fear in our hearts as the previous ones did.

Sorry to hear they have covid.  Hopefully they are all vaccinated and will be okay🤩

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy New Year everyone!  
We are just back from our trip to oldest DD’s in PA, celebrating a belated Christmas as well as New Year’s Eve.  I’ll say it was a great time and we ate WAY too much.  Lasagna & pasta feast Friday night.  Last night was beef tenderloin on crostini with a cognac cream sauce, then chicken with 40 cloves of garlic, roasted potatoes and green beans.  Homemade cinnamon rolls this morning.  
Just today we learned of 4 members of our extended family who have Covid.  My daughters in-laws in FL and our sister in law & nephew in Dallas.  They all have mild symptoms (feel like they have a cold),🤞they stay that way. 
I’m hopelessly behind on this thread but I do hope we all have a better 2022, with cruising in our futures! I also look forward to continuing to share daily snippets of our lives, family, pets, food, memories, books/TV/movies and our ups and downs. 

I think I put on weight just reading this.  Delish!  Hope your extended family continue having mild symptoms.  

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, quite the story on that one girls thread.    She had some very confusing details, that changed periodically.   Hope her and Daughter do ok. 

I know there a couple of cruises from this thread sailing on the jan 9th harmony sailing.

I read somewhere there was maybe 2500 on the sailing leaving today.

Expect all the ships will have a lot less people when they return from NYE cruises.

@Jimbo

She is on TV tonight at 10 pm. WESH network. I was reading her posts. My first thought was which idiot takes a 7 year old on a cruise under current circumstances. But whatever. It happened. I hope the kid is doing OK.

Also check out tiktok for Anthem parties and Harmony and other quarantine details.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@Jimbo

She is on TV tonight at 10 pm. WESH network. I was reading her posts. My first thought was which idiot takes a 7 year old on a cruise under current circumstances. But whatever. It happened. I hope the kid is doing OK.

Also check out tiktok for Anthem parties and Harmony and other quarantine details.

Oh goodie.  Someone else that will speak with confusing info on cruising.

I dont know WESH network.  I will look for them.

I think her Daughter is fully vaccinated so hopefully she will be ok.

I saw the Anthem NYE party.  I wouldnt be there, way too crowded and just asking for trouble IMO.  

Keeping a close eye on this weeks anthem sailing and hoping no issues as I am all packed except for the last minute stuff.

• Like 3