Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Luckynana Maryann, glad you and Jim made it safe!  Now enjoy all that sunshine.

@h20skibum

@Momof3gurlz

So now my niece AND her husband have covid.  He has it rough, fever, aches, fatigue, sore throat but is coming around but it's  lasting longer than 5 days.  My niece just feels like it's a cold.  Their 13 year old son has a sore throat and a cough and tested negative a few days ago when his symptoms came out.  He will be getting tested again tomorrow. His twin sister will be tested again also.  

Thank you, Bonnie!  We're so glad to be here!  Sunny and in the 80's.  More and more friends are arriving each day.

I'm sorry to hear about so many of your family coming down with Covid.  Hopefully your nephew feels better quickly.

Our granddaughter Ava is fine now.  After testing positive last week, she is now testing negative.  Everyone else tested negative.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hoping we have a lot less cruising with us🤞Also hoping we make it🙏

+1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here.  We are scheduled for rapid test at cvs at 12:15 Friday and if they run out of tests then we have the home test kits.  🙏 we pass.

I'll be thinking of you and Eric on Friday, Debbie.🙏

You'll be cruising on my mom's birthday (9th)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Luckynana said:

Our granddaughter Ava is fine now.  After testing positive last week, she is now testing negative.

That's great to hear Ava is all better and testing negative.

Spoke with our Son this morning and feels much better too!  Says he a little tired but I said the gloomy weather we had the last week and the fact he has just been laying around doing nothing for a week will do that to you.

His Fiance he lives with has been fine and tested negative.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I'm sure glad we left NJ when we did.  Snow expected tomorrow morning, with school closed in our area.

Yup suppose to be really cold tomorrow too.  Wind has been picking up tonight.  Good timing on your part other than the horrible traffic you had.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's great to hear Ava is all better and testing negative.

Spoke with our Son this morning and feels much better too!  Says he a little tired but I said the gloomy weather we had the last week and the fact he has just been laying around doing nothing for a week will do that to you.

His Fiance he lives with has been fine and tested negative.

Thank you, Debbie.  I'm glad your son is feeling so much better now.  Good news about his Fiance!

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup suppose to be really cold tomorrow too.  Wind has been picking up tonight.  Good timing on your part other than the horrible traffic you had.

Stat warm, Debbie.  You'll be in sunshine soon!!!!

• Like 1

Been an interesting day here.  My DH woke up feeling sluggish and said he had cold and hot spells part of the night and than towards morning woke up really sweating. 

I go we have those extra bianax (sp) COVID test went don’t you do one. 

So he mossies upstairs mumbling under his breath and sets up his phone and gets thru to a proctor right away. I quickly exit and wait for the news.  20 min later he comes down with the wand and shows to me.  I go. “ your pregnant “.  Well it kinda looks that way.  Yup he’s positive. 

So he calls the phone a nurse for his company and he will go in at 8 am Monday for an official test. But. He is now off. 

He got really frustrated earlier in the day. But this evening is just relaxing. 

He did have all his moderna vaccinations and boosters. And I do too. 

His symptoms these last two days 

low grade fever. 99.5 was highest 

achy

Upset stomach  but no nausea or vomiting. 

chills /hot flashes

lethargy. 
he could still smell. 
mild dry cough 

Hope he recover quickly before the kids come back from there honey moon late Saturday. 

Updates to follow. 

But I did enclose a picture of the grand pups guarding the sick one. 

Keep us in your prayers. 

0DBF1AAD-6218-4CA3-9995-19ADB40E0783.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

@Jimbo

She is on TV tonight at 10 pm. WESH network. I was reading her posts. My first thought was which idiot takes a 7 year old on a cruise under current circumstances. But whatever. It happened. I hope the kid is doing OK.

Also check out tiktok for Anthem parties and Harmony and other quarantine details.

Interestingly, prior to her cruise on a thread that I think was delete, she would become livid with anyone who suggested that everyone on the ship should be vaccinated or anyone who would bring an non vaxxed kid on a cruise at this time should have second thoughts about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Cold here tomorrow, too. Back to the 50's on Wednesday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Interestingly, prior to her cruise on a thread that I think was delete, she would become livid with anyone who suggested that everyone on the ship should be vaccinated or anyone who would bring an non vaxxed kid on a cruise at this time should have second thoughts about it.

Did she ever mention how her child was doing?  All I ever read was that her child had a fever but nothing else.  

6 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Did she ever mention how her child was doing?  All I ever read was that her child had a fever but nothing else.  

I don't know. I've been doing a lot of catch up reading this weekend. I can't remember what she said.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear they have covid.  Hopefully they are all vaccinated and will be okay🤩

Thanks!  Yes the whole family is vaxxed 3x.

22 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Been an interesting day here.  My DH woke up feeling sluggish and said he had cold and hot spells part of the night and than towards morning woke up really sweating. 

So he mossies upstairs mumbling under his breath and sets up his phone and gets thru to a proctor right away. I quickly exit and wait for the news.  20 min later he comes down with the wand and shows to me.  I go. “ your pregnant “.  Well it kinda looks that way.  Yup he’s positive. 

So he calls the phone a nurse for his company and he will go in at 8 am Monday for an official test. But. He is now off. 

achy

chills /hot flashes

lethargy. 
he could still smell. 
mild dry cough 

Hope he recover quickly before the kids come back from there honey moon late Saturday. 

Updates to follow. 

Keep us in your prayers. 

Hope he feels better soon with no lingering symptoms.

17 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It seemed to me that all she was complaining about was herself.  She hardly mentioned her daughter who I hope is doing well. I would not want to be in her position with such uncertainty and with a sick child.  That covid area sounds dreadful.  I think RCI did not expect such a large amount of passengers getting positive results.  I wonder what the final positive count was for that cruise.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

achy

chills /hot flashes

lethargy. 
he could still smell. 
mild dry cough 

Updates to follow. 

Keep us in your prayers. 

Grand pup looks like a good guard dog 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Happy news that Maryanne's Ava (I think granddaughter?) and Debbie's son are doing better!

We have plans to meet 8 of our friends for lunch tomorrow in a very busy restaurant .  All vaxxed. Two were on a plane coming to TX from Ohio on Friday.  Should I be covid concerned? 😕

• Like 2

Just push or double click on the upper left corner of the quote box and hit delete. I'm on a desktop, so it might be different on other devices. I just wish there was a way to delete the whole response, but it seems that once you hit submit, you are committed. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc

On 12/31/2021 at 9:46 PM, BonTexasNY said:

Hats off to our Dani who knew when the clean out her fridge and create this marvelous place of camaraderie, caring and laughter!!

Wishing all of you the most wonderful New Year filled with Happiness, Good Health and all of the wonderful blessings you each deserve.  Cheers!

New Year's Eve 2022 in Chicago | Find Ways to Celebrate | Choose Chicago

+1 🥂 🍾

@dani negreanuSo sorry to hear about your SIL.

@jagsfan That wall took a beating. Poor thing. 😆 Seriously I’m happy to hear you are doing better and stay safe.

@grapau27 Your scar looks great. Actually I’m  not even sure if I see one, just some redness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2022 at 4:29 PM, HBE4 said:

For those that don't know my personal situation, I'm in a similar situation with a loved one. Being in the same room with them brings me comfort & calmness in the most stressful of situations. People ask if it's hard for me to visit everyday and I reply "No, its easy to visit but hard to leave"…. 

It breaks my heart what you and your family are going thru. Here is the place to vent and no one will judge you. It’s a great place to be and hoping you find comfort and peace. ❤️

On 1/1/2022 at 5:46 PM, maggieq said:

We call it white or black pudding.  Is “blood sausage” American?

If I ever ordered white or black pudding in the UK and received what it really is I would be highly disappointed. 🤢

On 1/1/2022 at 6:15 PM, George C said:

I am with you love malt vinegar on fish and chips.

The problem I have is I love it to much. I end up putting so much on that the fish and the fries became soggy, but the malt vinegar sure does taste good. 

On 1/1/2022 at 11:41 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

Love the snow photos. Sorry to those of you struggling with freezing temps, winds and flooding.  There is a cyclone of the QLD coast but in Sydney we continue to be blessed with glorious weather. Its 95f (35c) with a nice breeze.  

A9A6CCA3-385D-40EA-AE0B-A1475BE021E4.jpeg

That’s beautiful. The first time we went to Australia we were in Airlie Beach 10 days after Cyclone Debbie hit. Unfortunately we didn’t get to go to the Barrier Reef. Hoping the new cyclone doesn’t do much damage if at all.

On 1/1/2022 at 11:46 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

So, our supermarkets start selling Hot Cross Buns on Boxing Day which causes a lot of controversy  and this year to add fuel to the fire, they are selling this….Now I love vegemite on toast but this just does not appeal.  Anyone keen to try this which apparently “tastes like Australia “….

E8FC7961-29C8-4FE3-A258-389970D2813B.jpeg

🤔 I’m afraid to even ask what it is.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Just push or double click on the upper left corner of the quote box and hit delete. I'm on a desktop, so it might be different on other devices. I just wish there was a way to delete the whole response, but it seems that once you hit submit, you are committed. :classic_smile:

Thanks for the info.  Any specific place to click on the upper left corner of the quote box to hit delete?

9 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks for the info.  Any specific place to click on the upper left corner of the quote box to hit delete?

No. Bonnie. Just click around, I think it turns blue. Remember the Test Forum. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/860-test-forum/

And unless you try it, you are not going to learn how to do it. Just practice quoting some people on there and deleting. :classic_biggrin: That is what it is for. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hoping we have a lot less cruising with us🤞Also hoping we make it🙏

Hoping for you also there’s a lot fewer people.

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@Jimbo

She is on TV tonight at 10 pm. WESH network. I was reading her posts. My first thought was which idiot takes a 7 year old on a cruise under current circumstances. But whatever. It happened. I hope the kid is doing OK.

Also check out tiktok for Anthem parties and Harmony and other quarantine details.

Did you watch it? What did she say?

@h20skibum Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Your opinions of your trip might make a big difference as to whether or not I sail Allure on Jan 22. What is your itinerary?

I looking forward to your posts. Those pictures already make me want to go. I can spend time on my balcony with my drink vouchers and any bottles of wine that are in my cabin.🙂

Our itinerary has changed, but we were notified a couple days before sailing.  We were supposed to go to Coco Cay, San Juan, and St. Martin this week.  Nassau got substituted for San Juan. 

There have been a couple hiccups so far.  We did have the balloon ride scheduled for Coco Cay, but that has been canceled due to operational issues.  Since we were on early, I managed to book shows on the app, but then none of them were showing up on people’s calendar and the entertainment showed as greyed out and told everyone to go to guest services to book.  That made for huge lines there all day. 

I had booked the early theatre show, and we had no problem getting checked in for the show. 

Meanwhile, a couple cruise photos. 

33EAD542-9403-4998-BAE3-155855D27661.thumb.jpeg.97e870fa6c229a5538e511106e54fe5f.jpeg

This is much preferable to looking at snow. 

F2740048-1F00-4867-A2F6-03B3A3F5DA49.thumb.jpeg.2d7d8184d518efd9b145efb31acb7b72.jpeg

Prime rib was large and tender. 

D9AF22FE-ACA0-438A-B2C1-5975158676B5.thumb.jpeg.a7ca39964bc7a297ef31e1718aa34600.jpeg

From our show in the theatre. 

20F83210-92C0-4417-A31D-9F4F0D5CA13E.thumb.jpeg.e6b8743b14809e317b25c864f424e034.jpeg

This sailing does seem crowded to me, but the passenger count must have dropped below Royal’s target, because they briefly opened for booking again just before sailing.  I will see if I can get some numbers. Meanwhile, time for some sleep. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2